News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

What happened to USA's Cartoon Network?

Started by DededeCloneChris, August 23, 2008, 10:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

I'm starting to miss the Cartoon Network of Mexico, because the USA's Cartoon Nerwork...well...is all messed up, they repeat the same show like 6 times a day! I don't want to see Flapjack or Chowder anymore! Where are the originals like Dexter's Lab?

Nayrman

Belongs on Arts Discussion board
Also, tv in general has gone to the "dumber the better" philosopher becaue it requires less work...stupid lazy people in entertainment industry

Java

Tupin

Canceled about five years ago because kids love fart jokes and the animators realized that they could rehash their own shows and no one would notice.

Seriously, Flapjack is pretty much the EXACT same thing as Chowder.

Remember the days when a single animator would make two or three wildly different shows at the same time?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Level_9_Chao

Flapjack and Chowder are ok (Chowder preferred), but stuff like Total Drama Island and George of the Jungle are pretty awful in every way.

I wish I had Boomerang.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on August 23, 2008, 10:48:23 AM
Canceled about five years ago because kids love fart jokes and the animators realized that they could rehash their own shows and no one would notice.

Remember the days when a single animator would make two or three wildly different shows at the same time?
Remember when soccermoms didn't rule the country and say everything not poorly made dumb jokes are immoral? I miss Ren and Stimpy and Invader Zim....there is NOTHING immoral about them!

Water ☮

I love Chowder! <3

I also like TDI but that's probably just cause I like "reality" shows.

I do miss some of the classics like Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff girls though.

Quote from: Nayrman on August 23, 2008, 11:08:00 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on August 23, 2008, 10:48:23 AM

Remember when soccermoms didn't rule the country and say everything not poorly made dumb jokes are immoral? I miss Ren and Stimpy and Invader Zim....there is NOTHING immoral about them!
wasn't Ren and Stimpy remade into an adult program where they were gay and lived in a guys ass?

And Invader Zim was like one of the greatest shows ever! :(

Kaz

I swear, Invader Zim has to be the most overrated cartoon ever. It's good, but you guys and everyone else on the internet give it waaaay too much credit.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Lotos

Quote from: Kaz on August 23, 2008, 12:28:27 PM
I swear, Invader Zim has to be the most overrated cartoon ever. It's good, but you guys and everyone else on the internet give it waaaay too much credit.

Only because it didn't go downhill yet, as it was cancelled.  If it went downhill like all the other shows...

Nayrman

Quote from: Lotos on August 23, 2008, 01:40:58 PM

Only because it didn't go downhill yet, as it was cancelled.  If it went downhill like all the other shows...
He had an ending but wasn't given the time to do it.
C'mon Kaz, it's still better than nearly everything else on tv nowadays. Yea it has the stupid humor but at least it follows a storyline and has some good plots (GIR becoming the house's main computer was freakin brilliant on their part).

DededeCloneChris

Invader Zim was in Nickelodeon of Mexico.

Java

I honestly never liked Invader Zim much.

Just really out there...

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Java_Java on August 23, 2008, 03:28:01 PM

Just really out there...

Zim was one of those shows that I hated when it was normally on, and now that it's cancelled and I'm older I appreciate it more.

Rugrats is the complete opposite... >.>

Also, did anybody ever like the Wild Thornberries?

The Game Boy Pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

HTA!

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 23, 2008, 08:48:29 PM

Just really out there...

Zim was one of those shows that I hated when it was normally on, and now that it's cancelled and I'm older I appreciate it more.

I actually did like Wild Thornberries. >_>

Was Rocket Power Nickolodeon?
I miss it...

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 23, 2008, 09:33:23 PM
Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 23, 2008, 08:48:29 PM

Just really out there...

I actually did like Wild Thornberries. >_>

Was Rocket Power Nickolodeon?
I miss it...

Indeed it was. I used to really like it; now I can tolerate it but it's not a favorite.

The Game Boy Pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.