News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Best Movie Ever

Started by Magnum, August 21, 2009, 10:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

What is your favorite movie of all time? Could it be a classic war flick, or a Monty Python comedy? Shoot 'em up action, or good old romance?

I personally love the movie Sergeant York. Old Black and White film that was just an amazing War movie. All around good and I wish to own it one day.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Dog Food

My favorite movie as of late is Chocolat. I found it interesting, delicious, and comical. It's interesting how one newcomer can shift the balance of the entire town, and change everyone's lives for the better (for the most part).
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Water ☮

Umm Life is Beautiful (I think? Idr because it was in Italian)  was soo good!

Also I really enjoyed Finding Nemo! It's pretty much my favorite! 

Zovistograt

Quote from: Dog Food on August 21, 2009, 11:31:41 PM
My favorite movie as of late is Chocolat. I found it interesting, delicious, and comical. It's interesting how one newcomer can shift the balance of the entire town, and change everyone's lives for the better (for the most part).
I remember when I watched that...my mom had it on, and I thought it was going to be some sort of average Hallmark channel type movie, but then I realized it was really good and got glued to it D:

I haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing though :(
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

ThePowerOfOne

Resident Evil.

Seriously, it may be lame to some, but I love zombies gosh darnit <3

JrDude

The Hangover.
Best movie of all time.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Captain Justice

Quote from: JrDude ♫ on August 22, 2009, 09:15:25 PM
The Hangover.
Best movie of all time.
not even close, its funny as hell, but that doesn't cut it.

The Shawshank Redemption is probably the best movie I've ever seen.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Dog Food

Quote from: Zovistograt on August 22, 2009, 02:27:37 PM
I remember when I watched that...my mom had it on, and I thought it was going to be some sort of average Hallmark channel type movie, but then I realized it was really good and got glued to it D:

I haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing though :(
D:

Come over I have it on DVR!

Quote from: JrDude ♫ on August 22, 2009, 09:15:25 PM
The Hangover.
Best movie of all time.
I'll never forget the time I tried to watch this amazing movie, and got rejected because I'm not seventeen ^^.

Quote from: Hoss Delgado on August 22, 2009, 09:17:53 PM
not even close, its funny as hell, but that doesn't cut it.

The Shawshank Redemption is probably the best movie I've ever seen.
That's my dad's favorite movie! I think it is pretty good, too.

Oh, know that I think about it...

One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest and Silence of the Lambs were two very good movies as well. Once again, I can't really choose a favorite movie because there are a lot and it is constantly changing, but I can name quite a few good ones.

JrDude

Quote from: Dog Food on August 22, 2009, 09:20:08 PM
I'll never forget the time I tried to watch this amazing movie, and got rejected because I'm not seventeen ^^.
Holy poop, you actually told them you were going to see The Hangover?
You're supposed to lie and say you're going to see Telitubies the Movie or some crap, then go see The Hangover.
That's what I used to do.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Captain Justice

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is def. amazing. Such a sad ending also. Silence of the Lambs was good also.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Light

I'm sure I'm going to get at least some criticism for this, but...

My favorite movie of all time is currently "Gone With the Wind". Everything about it is absolutely amazing. The characters are wonderfully portrayed (Clark Gable's best acting hands down), the story is gripping, and the cinematography is flawless.

Coming up close behind it are "Casablanca" and "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

JrDude

Quote from: Big Brother on August 22, 2009, 11:07:06 PM
I'm sure I'm going to get at least some criticism for this, but...

My favorite movie of all time is currently "Gone With the Wind". Everything about it is absolutely amazing. The characters are wonderfully portrayed (Clark Gable's best acting hands down), the story is gripping, and the cinematography is flawless.

Coming up close behind it are "Casablanca" and "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".
With the "Ws" and the word "Gone," and the fact that you expect criticism, at first glance, it looked like you said "Girls Gone Wild"
[move][/move]
Dude .

RX-78-2

A few of the movies mentioned (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Finding Nemo) are all great. So is Vita ? Bella (Life is Beautiful in English). I saw it in Italian, twice, in Italian class. Great themes, acting, and humor make this one really good.

I also like Gran Torino, Almost Famous, the Wayne's World movies, the Harry Potter movies, and Watchmen. There are many others, but only these come to mind right now.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

jnfs2014

Um.....(Can't watch 'R' movies since I'm 13, so...)

Remember the Titans
Pokemon 2000
The Fast and the Furious

Dog Food

Quote from: Back to TerribleFrog on August 23, 2009, 11:46:20 AM
A few of the movies mentioned (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Finding Nemo) are all great. So is Vita ? Bella (Life is Beautiful in English). I saw it in Italian, twice, in Italian class. Great themes, acting, and humor make this one really good.

I also like Gran Torino, Almost Famous, the Wayne's World movies, the Harry Potter movies, and Watchmen. There are many others, but only these come to mind right now.
Didn't like Watchmen all that much, surprisingly. But I did like the first two Harry Potter movies. After that, not so much.