News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

This is why ranking lists fails and this is why IGN fails...

Started by Nayrman, January 19, 2009, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

I'm honestly sick of The Simpsons.

Futurama gave Matt Groening so many possibilities, but they all went to waste. It retained the humor of The Simpsons, while still managing to be groundbreaking.

I need to start reading the comic again, but I don't have time to read all the back issues.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on January 23, 2009, 05:51:16 PM
Well, we've made the top ten.
Evangelion grabbed top anime at number 10 (why? FLCL and Cowboy Bebop are far superior...and apparently they've never watched End of Evangelion).

Surprisingly "The Tick" got number 8, which I was very happy with "SPOOOON!"
Batman: The Animated Series got number two, fine by me.

I just want to know how the hell Family Guy was one spot ahead of Futurama? Futurama is better than both the Simpsons and Family Guy without question.

And of course, the Simpsons are number one...despite the fact that they haven't been relevant for years and stopped being funny about the turn of the century...

I really enjoyed the simpsons movie.

I don't really watch the new simpsons episodes...

I watch the old ones. :)

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Tupin

Quote from: Triforceman22 on January 23, 2009, 10:47:12 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 23, 2009, 05:51:16 PM
Well, we've made the top ten.
Evangelion grabbed top anime at number 10 (why? FLCL and Cowboy Bebop are far superior...and apparently they've never watched End of Evangelion).

Surprisingly "The Tick" got number 8, which I was very happy with "SPOOOON!"
Batman: The Animated Series got number two, fine by me.

I just want to know how the hell Family Guy was one spot ahead of Futurama? Futurama is better than both the Simpsons and Family Guy without question.

And of course, the Simpsons are number one...despite the fact that they haven't been relevant for years and stopped being funny about the turn of the century...

I really enjoyed the simpsons movie.

I don't really watch the new simpsons episodes...

I watch the old ones. :)
Ironic that you don't watch new Simpsons episodes yet like The Simpsons Movie, as the movie is like an hour and a half long mediocre episode.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

HTA!

Clerks, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck... rated low or not I'm happy they were mentioned.

Am I the only one who thinks Clerks is actually hilarious?  :(

Titus Andronicus

I was really glad Home Movies was as high up as it was. I remember sitting in my living room late at night and having to keep the TV turned down so low that I could barely hear it. Even just watching it was funny enough, and when I could hear things going on, it was dead hilarious. I wish it was still on a lot though. :(

And I was always scared of Batman TAS. The intro enough made me want to change the channel - when I was little, I was a bit of a pansy I suppose.
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Tupin on January 19, 2009, 07:33:14 PM
I guess they just really like old American cartoons.

I call BS on ANY Hannah-Barbara cartoon ranking higher than Tom and Jerry, though.

Speaking of bad William Street shows, ever watch Superjail? It's an argument for going back to completely hand drawn/animated shows.
Tom and Jerry or pretty much any other MGM cartoon.

Nayrman

Quote from: Shujinco on February 03, 2009, 12:39:49 PM

I call BS on ANY Hannah-Barbara cartoon ranking higher than Tom and Jerry, though.

Speaking of bad William Street shows, ever watch Superjail? It's an argument for going back to completely hand drawn/animated shows.
I'm surprised Hannah Barbara made the list at all X_X
Even for the 60's their animation was beyond choppy and cheap. Sure, the revolving backgrounds is a great way to save money, but only for dialogue heavy scenes.
I still hate how Family Guy got so darn high on the list. They had two good seasons and that's it X_X;;

Shujinco2

Quote from: Nayrman on February 03, 2009, 12:48:36 PM

Even for the 60's their animation was beyond choppy and cheap. Sure, the revolving backgrounds is a great way to save money, but only for dialogue heavy scenes.
I still hate how Family Guy got so dang high on the list. They had two good seasons and that's it X_X;;
Well, I did like Jonny Quest and Scooby Doo and the rest of them, but DEFINITLY not above the MGM cartoons. Those were all epic to an insane degree.

AND WHERE'S DR. SLUMP?

Nayrman

Quote from: Shujinco on February 03, 2009, 12:50:08 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 03, 2009, 12:48:36 PM

I still hate how Family Guy got so dang high on the list. They had two good seasons and that's it X_X;;
Well, I did like Jonny Quest and Scooby Doo and the rest of them, but DEFINITLY not above the MGM cartoons. Those were all epic to an insane degree.

AND WHERE'S DR. SLUMP?
Scooby-Doo was a great kids show, but animation-wise it was beyond bad and the stories were very simplistic (although I'll always love the "Colonel Sanders" episode...endless KFC jokes!)
MGM toons destroy Hannah-Barbara and a good majority of the Warner's as well...save for some very special Looney Tunes.

Dr.Slump? C'mon, they but DRAGONBALL Z in the high 80's! it's quite apparent they don't like Toriyama's work X_X;;