News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Review

Started by Thirteenthorder, July 20, 2009, 06:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirteenthorder

Ugh, the in-novel love stories were irritating enough, the movie adaptations are even more terrible.

But the story was exceptional and amazingly intriguing.
When you're not lookin'...

Cecil_and_Kain

I actually thought that this one flowed rather well as its own movie. Only one part felt really awkward as to its pacing, and that was Aragog's burial. In my opinion, this is much better than the last two.

chaosgear

i feel like they didnt get as much acomplished in this movie. it seemed...slower than the other movies in the series. but i loved the comedy that they included this time.

lol the part when the zombie grabbed harry was hilarious. my dad's friend screamed so loud everyone in the theater bursted out laughing.

Mystic

The movie kicked ass, aside from the ending. I didn't mind the chages to Dumbledore's death scene. I hated that they removed the fight. Somewhere online, I read the makers removed it cause it didn't fit with the rest of the film and they felt it would make the fights in the next movie feel repetitive.

No people. WE LIKE THE FIGHTS. Huge battles don't happen much in this series. The only big fights in the books were near the end of each of the last 3. Other than that it's Harry v. Whoever, Dumbledore v. Whoever, or maybe 2 or 3 wizards. Even then, the big fight in the OTTP movie wasn't even epic really.

The last 2 movies better has kick ass fights or I'll be mad.

Thirteenthorder

Quote from: chaosgear on July 25, 2009, 05:58:02 AM
i feel like they didnt get as much acomplished in this movie. it seemed...slower than the other movies in the series. but i loved the comedy that they included this time.

lol the part when the zombie grabbed harry was hilarious. my dad's friend screamed so loud everyone in the theater bursted out laughing.
Yeah, the way they did the Inferi attack was good. It scared the heck out of me!

@Mystic - There's only one more movie left ;)

Mystic

Deathly Hallows is being split into two films ;)

Thirteenthorder

Oh, yes I forgot  D=

Can't wait to see Molly Weasely whoop Bellatrix's ass.

Mystic

I will kill a ninny some Molly's "ninny" line is written out of the movie.

Thirteenthorder

I know, they better not write that out, or I will rip out the brain of the director ^_^

Mystic

Thirteenthorder

Whoever. I don't know who's writing this crap, but a group of people who've actually READ the book could do a better job at making the films more accurate, even with a three hour limit with which to fill everything in.

*coughflamingMichaelGamboncough*