News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Now in the hands of Dave and Mom

Started by StarWindWizard7, October 02, 2007, 03:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

Quote from: Ridley on February 06, 2008, 06:43:29 AM
I think it would be hard to dodge Giga bowser. That is obviously the best final smash because you are always going to hit with it.
Giga Bowser never hit ME!

Much, :P

Dawei

Quote from: gbwyoshi on February 06, 2008, 05:16:16 AM
Quote from: Dawei on February 05, 2008, 08:47:14 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on February 05, 2008, 07:21:31 PM
Quote from: Dawei on February 05, 2008, 03:17:50 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about Smash balls. I personally don't want them in. Once again, it reduces the skill needed to win simply because getting it gives you a huge advantage. Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee almost everyone here will want them on.

Also Cornwad, from what I remember about E4all, Skyworld will probably be banned. You can almost always tech off of something (a la Hyrule Temple) not to mention when you break one of the platform thingies, with Fox you can grab and d-throw for an instant kill.
Ah... makes enough sense. But what about Lylat Cruise?
Lylat Cruise is 100% neutral. It's almost guaranteed to be on random select.

Now gbwyoshi, are you saying that if someone spends all day practicing only using their mains final smash for hours and hours on end so they can use it to the best possible ability, they are a better player?
NO if someone spends hours practicing dodging another users final smash then they are the better player, not the user of the smash ball.

Ok you have Mario vs Samus. Samus gets the smash ball and uses her Final Smash. Mario can dodge it and get in a KO on Samus making Mario win.
Completely wrong. That is a single thing, nothing compared to the entire depth of smash. Simply because they can dodge a move doesn't make them a better player.

im playin hugs and he uses his final smash on the bottom of battefield so i jump on the very top platform yay now im a professional playar and better than hugs

Cornwad

I think it would be hard to dodge Giga bowser. That is obviously the best final smash because you are always going to hit with it.
Not always, on stages like Big Blue or DK Arcade is would be kind of hard :P
Link, Toon Link, and Ikes always hit ;)

Michael227

Quote from: Cornwad on February 06, 2008, 12:57:15 PM
not always  ;)

Cornwad

Quote from: Michael227 on February 06, 2008, 12:58:41 PM
not always  ;)
:O
But Kirby's always hits ;))

Michael227

Quote from: Cornwad on February 06, 2008, 01:00:14 PM
Quote from: Michael227 on February 06, 2008, 12:58:41 PM
not always  ;)
:O
But Kirby's always hits ;))
but you forgot the first bracket  :O

gbwyoshi

Quote from: Dawei on February 06, 2008, 07:21:15 AM
Yeah, I was wondering about Smash balls. I personally don't want them in. Once again, it reduces the skill needed to win simply because getting it gives you a huge advantage. Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee almost everyone here will want them on.

Also Cornwad, from what I remember about E4all, Skyworld will probably be banned. You can almost always tech off of something (a la Hyrule Temple) not to mention when you break one of the platform thingies, with Fox you can grab and d-throw for an instant kill.

Now gbwyoshi, are you saying that if someone spends all day practicing only using their mains final smash for hours and hours on end so they can use it to the best possible ability, they are a better player?
NO if someone spends hours practicing dodging another users final smash then they are the better player, not the user of the smash ball.

Ok you have Mario vs Samus. Samus gets the smash ball and uses her Final Smash. Mario can dodge it and get in a KO on Samus making Mario win.
Completely wrong. That is a single thing, nothing compared to the entire depth of smash. Simply because they can dodge a move doesn't make them a better player.

im playin hugs and he uses his final smash on the bottom of battefield so i jump on the very top platform yay now im a professional playar and better than hugs
Well on a stage like Finl Destination. Someone launches a FS(Samus) from the edge and you(Mario) KO Samus. That shows either luck or timing(Skill).

Dodging and KOing from a stage like Battle Feild or Pork City shows nothing

As for the undogable it is Kirby, Peach, and Olimar(Thogh all look like they can not KO unless you are already near 130%)

HTA!

Wiz...
We need special ranks once the tourneys get underway.

Cornwad

Quote from: gbwyoshi on February 06, 2008, 03:11:43 PM

Well on a stage like Finl Destination. Someone launches a FS(Samus) from the edge and you(Mario) KO Samus. That shows either luck or timing(Skill).

As for the undogable it is Kirby, Peach, and Olimar(Thogh all look like they can not KO unless you are already near 130%)
Peach's is easily avoidable...
And yes, special ranks are good.

Michael227

Quote from: Cornwad on February 06, 2008, 03:14:54 PM

Peach's is easily avoidable...
And yes, special ranks are good.
no it isnt

Dawei

If you haven't realized yet, Final Destination isn't the "most fair stage ever". If you go to tournaments you can use a single stage in a same set (Dave's stupid rule). A single stage does not prove who is best.

And as you have said, it can also mean luck. Luck \= skill. It's not possible. And we are trying to remove all luck factors in this at all. Unless tournaments have changed from trying to prove who is the most skilled lately.

HTA!

Quote from: Dawei on February 06, 2008, 03:37:15 PM

If you haven't realized yet, Final Destination isn't the "most fair stage ever". If you go to tournaments you can use a single stage in a same set (Dave's stupid rule). A single stage does not prove who is best.

And as you have said, it can also mean luck. Luck \= skill. It's not possible. And we are trying to remove all luck factors in this at all. Unless tournaments have changed from trying to prove who is the most skilled lately.
The most fair stage IMHO would be Pokemon stadium since it changes never giving a certain advantage for too long.
That may change due to the extreme jump thing but...

Dawei

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 06, 2008, 04:06:20 PM

The most fair stage IMHO would be Pokemon stadium since it changes never giving a certain advantage for too long.
That may change due to the extreme jump thing but...
Not to mention it has the electric and the ice thing. But yes, pokemon stadium could very well be the most fair stage. Oh, how I wish you could turn off the change though. FD+2 small platforms (like Pokemon Stadium)=<3

gbwyoshi

No Tournies are still used to find the best skilled person but luck sometimes happens. But I was using FD as an example since it is the only one that I know that has no high platforms. A lucky deal would be that the FS never hit you for some odd reason of placement. It will have to be trial and Error to get all the rules finished though. For all we know Items could automatically be set to ON or Off

Dawei

Quote from: gbwyoshi on February 06, 2008, 04:11:08 PM

No Tournies are still used to find the best skilled person but luck sometimes happens. But I was using FD as an example since it is the only one that I know that has no high platforms. A lucky deal would be that the FS never hit you for some odd reason of placement. It will have to be trial and Error to get all the rules finished though. For all we know Items could automatically be set to ON or Off
Wait, you're still apart of this?
Put items in and you can count me out. Same goes for stupid stages.