Main Menu

Now in the hands of Dave and Mom

Started by StarWindWizard7, October 02, 2007, 03:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on February 05, 2008, 03:39:24 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 05, 2008, 03:21:27 PM
Are we putting videos on Youtube?

Also, I think we should have a match at 8 PM on a Saturday night in Smashville.

Lol, A Smash Free For all at 8:00p.m. Saturday Nights eh?
Great idea, too bad I work every single Saturday Night. :(
You got screwed in the working hours department

HTA!

Quote from: Depster on February 05, 2008, 03:48:17 PM
Quote from: Ultra_Luigi on February 05, 2008, 10:36:52 AM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on February 05, 2008, 12:30:15 AM
Think we should get a few of us a quest to find out/dicover Techs on SSBB?
Smashboards will cover that. That's probably your best shot to find out new techniques, unless the Japanese figure some out as well but we will learn those sooner or later too. And wavedashing won't be a big loss for me, I played Luigi before without wavedashing (N64 and early years of Melee) and I can do it again. Besides, he's been buffed considerably on most of his moves and I'm really glad.

@Hector: There's one person that's as good if not better than me but I won't say who.

Same with me, but with Yoshi =]   I don't need wavedashing, and it doesn't make as big a difference as what you would think with Yoshi.
Because Yoshi has a pitiful wavedasg iirc?
Luigi had the longest one so it was very useful.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 05, 2008, 04:07:54 PM

Well ever sense I became a "team lead" in Apparel I had to work Every Saturday Night.

I'll just either leave early or have a PDO.

HTA!

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on February 05, 2008, 04:16:57 PM

Well ever sense I became a "team lead" in Apparel I had to work Every Saturday Night.

You work in an apartment store?

gbwyoshi

Quote from: Dawei on February 05, 2008, 03:17:50 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about Smash balls. I personally don't want them in. Once again, it reduces the skill needed to win simply because getting it gives you a huge advantage. Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee almost everyone here will want them on.

Also Cornwad, from what I remember about E4all, Skyworld will probably be banned. You can almost always tech off of something (a la Hyrule Temple) not to mention when you break one of the platform thingies, with Fox you can grab and d-throw for an instant kill.
Like I said before 90% of the Final Smashes can be turned against the user. The only 4 that have a problem is Pikachu, Sonic, Snake, And Peach. The first 3 mentioned can just be Dodged while Peach can work to the disadvantage of Peach

Depster

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 05, 2008, 04:08:45 PM
Quote from: Depster on February 05, 2008, 03:48:17 PM
Quote from: Ultra_Luigi on February 05, 2008, 10:36:52 AM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on February 05, 2008, 12:30:15 AM
Think we should get a few of us a quest to find out/dicover Techs on SSBB?
Smashboards will cover that. That's probably your best shot to find out new techniques, unless the Japanese figure some out as well but we will learn those sooner or later too. And wavedashing won't be a big loss for me, I played Luigi before without wavedashing (N64 and early years of Melee) and I can do it again. Besides, he's been buffed considerably on most of his moves and I'm really glad.

@Hector: There's one person that's as good if not better than me but I won't say who.

Same with me, but with Yoshi =]   I don't need wavedashing, and it doesn't make as big a difference as what you would think with Yoshi.
Because Yoshi has a pitiful wavedasg iirc?
Luigi had the longest one so it was very useful.
Basically.  So I really don't find it useful except in mindgames, which get predictable after a while...

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 05, 2008, 04:22:45 PM

I work at Sports Authority, which as 3 sections/departments.

Shoes, Athletics and Clothes.

HTA!

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on February 05, 2008, 06:32:41 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 05, 2008, 04:22:45 PM

I work at Sports Authority, which as 3 sections/departments.

Shoes, Athletics and Clothes.
Screw typing...
I meant department store >_<

But now i know

Cornwad

Yeah, I was wondering about Smash balls. I personally don't want them in. Once again, it reduces the skill needed to win simply because getting it gives you a huge advantage. Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee almost everyone here will want them on.

Also Cornwad, from what I remember about E4all, Skyworld will probably be banned. You can almost always tech off of something (a la Hyrule Temple) not to mention when you break one of the platform thingies, with Fox you can grab and d-throw for an instant kill.
Ah... makes enough sense. But what about Lylat Cruise?

Ridley

All right guys stop screwing with me. I say that one player does not make a team so we have a pretty decent chance.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

HTA!

Quote from: Ridley on February 05, 2008, 07:24:48 PM
All right guys stop screwing with me. I say that one player does not make a team so we have a pretty decent chance.
Unless that player is me.........

yeah im not changing that statement ^ ^ ^

not yet....

JK =p

Dawei

Quote from: Cornwad on February 05, 2008, 07:21:31 PM

Lylat Cruise is 100% neutral. It's almost guaranteed to be on random select.

Now gbwyoshi, are you saying that if someone spends all day practicing only using their mains final smash for hours and hours on end so they can use it to the best possible ability, they are a better player?

gbwyoshi

Quote from: Dawei on February 05, 2008, 08:47:14 PM

Now gbwyoshi, are you saying that if someone spends all day practicing only using their mains final smash for hours and hours on end so they can use it to the best possible ability, they are a better player?
NO if someone spends hours practicing dodging another users final smash then they are the better player, not the user of the smash ball.

Ok you have Mario vs Samus. Samus gets the smash ball and uses her Final Smash. Mario can dodge it and get in a KO on Samus making Mario win.

Shujinco2

Quote from: gbwyoshi on February 06, 2008, 05:16:16 AM
Quote from: Dawei on February 05, 2008, 08:47:14 PM

NO if someone spends hours practicing dodging another users final smash then they are the better player, not the user of the smash ball.

Ok you have Mario vs Samus. Samus gets the smash ball and uses her Final Smash. Mario can dodge it and get in a KO on Samus making Mario win.
Espicially if Mario has that wicked forward air spike move! ;) BUT, what if they are invulnrible while doing the FS, or certain FSes?

Ridley

I think it would be hard to dodge Giga bowser. That is obviously the best final smash because you are always going to hit with it.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...