News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

How do you like my Opinion?

Started by Kingoftherings, September 25, 2007, 03:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingoftherings

I posted this to my website here:  http://www.jonesproductionsltd.com/macs.aspx

What purpose do Macs serve?  They browse the Internet, play music and videos, checks your email, has a calender, and even has a clock.  My Windows PC does this, and it plays games.  Sure, Macs have games, but not nearly as much as Windows, nor anywhere close in Quality.  Sure it gets a sprinkling of Warcraft, and EA is porting games to Macintosh, although not native ports, but thats a topic for another time.  Sure you can install Windows on a Mac, but why?  Why pay the huge premium for a Mac and then stick Windows on it?  And Apple puts the most horrible graphics cards in their machines.  Radeon X1650?  What games do you plan on running?  Halo?  Speaking of which, the Mac Pro offers a Radeon X1950 Pro, but it'll cost you $400, and its a $140 graphics card.  Don't you dare say that the Mac version is better, because its the same darn thing.

Macs don't get viruses?  I don't remember the last time I got a virus, if ever.  Macs are made for people too stupid to turn their computer on.  If you want full blown security, and you're not a dingbat at computing, Linux is a much better alternative.  Its free, and it runs on PC hardware, which is much, much cheaper than Apple Hardware.  $2000 for a mediocre PC?  Please, give me a break.  Macs even use the BSD kernel, which is Unix based, just like the Linux kernel.

Mac users really need to shut up about Vista, I'm using Vista Ultimate as we speak, and I'm currently having no trouble with it.  The only problem I've ever had is earlier on when the Nvidia drivers weren't quite up to snuff, but thats not Microsoft's fault.  Nvidia's drivers are much improved now.  And Mac users continue to say that Vista is XP Service Pack 3, I agree to an extent, but when I look at Leopard, I see 10.4.11 instead of 10.5.  Is there anything different about it at all?  Time Machine?  Please, Windows has had that forever.  Spaces?  Its frightening how Apple considers this to be a new feature, its been used in Linux since the dawn of time.  Whats left thats new in Leopard?  Nothing that I know of.

In conclusion, Mac users need to shut up about how great their Macs are, because most of them use a Mac because they don't know anything about a computer, at all.  Why spend $2000 on a Mac when you can build a PC for $600 that will destroy a Mac in every possible benchmark.

You like?

Tuppyluver

*claps*

Very good. Some people who own Macs are such pretentious idiots.

RedRaider

Leopard is an expensive mix of old Microsoft and Linux OS's with a hint of gay.
[23:04] <RedRaider> join #intercourse me to intercourse  me
[23:04] *** Mystic has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** 00KIRBY has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Jennifer has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Lavamania has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** WIIGAMER24 has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Sync has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Kilroy has joined #intercourse me

Riosan

Quote from: Tuppyluver on September 25, 2007, 03:44:57 PM

Bit of a stereotype, but when we used to have Zack777 and Huelen10, it's easy to see.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

JMV

Quote from: Kingoftherings on September 25, 2007, 03:35:56 PM

What purpose do Macs serve?  They browse the Internet, play music and videos, checks your email, has a calender, and even has a clock.  My Windows PC does this, and it plays games.  Sure, Macs have games, but not nearly as much as Windows, nor anywhere close in Quality.  Sure it gets a sprinkling of Warcraft, and EA is porting games to Macintosh, although not native ports, but thats a topic for another time.  Sure you can install Windows on a Mac, but why?  Why pay the huge premium for a Mac and then stick Windows on it?  And Apple puts the most horrible graphics cards in their machines.  Radeon X1650?  What games do you plan on running?  Halo?  Speaking of which, the Mac Pro offers a Radeon X1950 Pro, but it'll cost you $400, and its a $140 graphics card.  Don't you dare say that the Mac version is better, because its the same darn thing.
The machines themselves are better in quality, have better customer service, are better looking.  My Macbook Pro has the same amount of RAM and a slower processor than the Windows PCs in the Computer Lab at school yet it runs significantly faster.   I am already on the internet before my friend is even finished booting his PC. OS X is a much faster OS and I have dealt with much less program crashes, and no system lock ups.

QuoteMacs don't get viruses?  I don't remember the last time I got a virus, if ever.  Macs are made for people too stupid to turn their computer on.  If you want full blown security, and you're not a dingbat at computing, Linux is a much better alternative.  Its free, and it runs on PC hardware, which is much, much cheaper than Apple Hardware.  $2000 for a mediocre PC?  Please, give me a break.  Macs even use the BSD kernel, which is Unix based, just like the Linux kernel.
Please don't use the argument made by that idiot Maddox and try to pass it off as your own.  Linux doesn't have the support that a Mac does. If you want security and support a Mac is the way to go.

QuoteMac users really need to shut up about Vista, I'm using Vista Ultimate as we speak, and I'm currently having no trouble with it.  The only problem I've ever had is earlier on when the Nvidia drivers weren't quite up to snuff, but thats not Microsoft's fault.  Nvidia's drivers are much improved now.  And Mac users continue to say that Vista is XP Service Pack 3, I agree to an extent, but when I look at Leopard, I see 10.4.11 instead of 10.5.  Is there anything different about it at all?&nbsp; Time Machine?  Please, Windows has had that forever.  Spaces?  Its frightening how Apple considers this to be a new feature, its been used in Linux since the dawn of time.  Whats left thats new in Leopard?  Nothing that I know of.
Windows' system restore isn't comparable to Time Machine.  Linux hasn't done the spaces feature natively.   While using Ubuntu I had to use Compiz or Beryl to get that feature.

QuoteIn conclusion, Mac users need to shut up about how great their Macs are, because most of them use a Mac because they don't know anything about a computer, at all.  Why spend $2000 on a Mac when you can build a PC for $600 that will destroy a Mac in every possible benchmark.
I'm currently in college majoring in Computer Science, I know something about computers.

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

ME86

えっちーせんぱい

Meh, just use what you like, and ignore what everyone else says.

Tuppyluver

Quote from: Riosan on September 25, 2007, 03:47:14 PM

Bit of a stereotype, but when we used to have Zack777 and Huelen10, it's easy to see.
I said some. But Huelen10 and Zack777 ARE pretentious idiots when it comes to Macs.

JMV

Quote from: Tuppyluver on September 25, 2007, 03:52:07 PM
Quote from: Riosan on September 25, 2007, 03:47:14 PM

I said some. But Huelen10 and Zack777 ARE pretentious idiots when it comes to Macs.
They are idiots when it comes to everything.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Kingoftherings

Quote from: JMV290 on September 25, 2007, 03:47:42 PM
Quote from: Kingoftherings on September 25, 2007, 03:35:56 PM

The machines themselves are better in quality, have better customer service, are better looking.  My Macbook Pro has the same amount of RAM and a slower processor than the Windows PCs in the Computer Lab at school yet it runs significantly faster.   I am already on the internet before my friend is even finished booting his PC. OS X is a much faster OS and I have dealt with much less program crashes, and no system lock ups.

How are they better quality when they use the same components as everything else?
I don't experience crashes or lock ups either.

QuoteMacs don't get viruses?  I don't remember the last time I got a virus, if ever.  Macs are made for people too stupid to turn their computer on.  If you want full blown security, and you're not a dingbat at computing, Linux is a much better alternative.  Its free, and it runs on PC hardware, which is much, much cheaper than Apple Hardware.  $2000 for a mediocre PC?  Please, give me a break.  Macs even use the BSD kernel, which is Unix based, just like the Linux kernel.
Please don't use the argument made by that idiot Maddox and try to pass it off as your own.  Linux doesn't have the support that a Mac does. If you want security and support a Mac is the way to go.

I didn't even know Maddox said that, real computer users don't need support anyway.

QuoteMac users really need to shut up about Vista, I'm using Vista Ultimate as we speak, and I'm currently having no trouble with it.  The only problem I've ever had is earlier on when the Nvidia drivers weren't quite up to snuff, but thats not Microsoft's fault.  Nvidia's drivers are much improved now.  And Mac users continue to say that Vista is XP Service Pack 3, I agree to an extent, but when I look at Leopard, I see 10.4.11 instead of 10.5.  Is there anything different about it at all?&nbsp; Time Machine?  Please, Windows has had that forever.  Spaces?  Its frightening how Apple considers this to be a new feature, its been used in Linux since the dawn of time.  Whats left thats new in Leopard?  Nothing that I know of.
Windows' system restore isn't comparable to Time Machine.  Linux hasn't done the spaces feature natively.   While using Ubuntu I had to use Compiz or Beryl to get that feature.

Windows Server has the same thing Mac OS is going to use.  I don't use System restore anyway.
Ubuntu has multiple desktops with Compiz or Beryl.  O_o
It only has two, and I don't care enough to find out how to make more.

QuoteIn conclusion, Mac users need to shut up about how great their Macs are, because most of them use a Mac because they don't know anything about a computer, at all.  Why spend $2000 on a Mac when you can build a PC for $600 that will destroy a Mac in every possible benchmark.
I'm currently in college majoring in Computer Science, I know something about computers.

I'm going to be majoring in Computer Science too.  :P

TheKoopaBros.

Meh, I like Mac's why should I give a darn if you don't care for them?

I like the OS, the creativity programs (iMovie, Garageband, etc.), I find them really fast and I'm not a PC gamer to begin with so why would I play games on it?

Also when I get an error on a Mac I not only understand what the error is telling me, but if need be I can go into the preferences and fix it so it doesn't happen again. With windows I just get -"#### system error occured" program will now terminate. :|

Judas

I disagree with it strongly.

I don't have time to type out a page-long rebuttal, and these arguments suck anyway, but I'll just say that the average PC user definitely gets at least a couple viruses every now and then. With Windows, it's inevitable. Sure, if you're loaded with every form of security and anti-virus and the like you'll be perfectly safe, but who wants all of that running and taking up space?

Moreover, I sort of resent the statement that "Macs are for people too stupid to use a PC". I used PC's for the majority of my life prior to buying my Mac a year and a half ago, and still probably know the ins and outs of Windows far more thoroughly than your average guy.

When comparing Macs to custom-built PC's, yes, of course they're more expensive. No one's saying otherwise. But most people don't build their own PC's, do they? No, they buy the pre-made Dell ones or whichever brand you prefer, and those can get just as expensive.

I bought a Mac because I was simply sick of Windows. Turning on my computer on a normal day and having it tell me some system .dll was missing. Apps randomly closing. Explorer periodically disappearing for a couple minutes. Installing drivers for any piece of hardware I wanted to use. The way it looks. Its windowing system. NT Kernel. Everything. It's not because I couldn't figure out how to use it, and I'm sure you know that. It was because I was sick of taking care of it, and you shouldn't have to take care of your own computer. That's why I prefer OS X, because it just works. As much as Apple advertises that, it's true. Also, despite what you might think, I'm able to find task-specific apps for OS X much more easily than for Windows.
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Kuro Tsuwamono

I don't know much about hardware, but just three things.

One is that a friend of mine formerly known as PsychoRidley (The NOA's were afraid of him; but you will hear no word of him in history) had use of two operating systems at a time: Windows XP, and Linux. I believe he used this for gaming. However, none of the games he played were compatible with Linux, because of Microsoft's monopolies.

Second, which is similar to my first: the reason Linux doesn't have as many viruses is the same reason why firefox doesn't get many viruses: the majority of the population has Windows, and people such as hackers aim for these masses.

And I am afraid to get Vista, because I hear it cracks down on Mp3 downloaders. True or false? >_>

RedRaider

False, Kuro. Although I only torrent music I can't find on Zune Marketplace(which isn't much), I've never gotten in trouble for it.
[23:04] <RedRaider> join #intercourse me to intercourse  me
[23:04] *** 00KIRBY has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Jennifer has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Lavamania has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** WIIGAMER24 has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Sync has joined #intercourse me
[23:04] *** Kilroy has joined #intercourse me

Kuro Tsuwamono

Quote from: RedRaider on September 25, 2007, 04:04:43 PM
False, Kuro. Although I only torrent music I can't find on Zune Marketplace(which isn't much), I've never gotten in trouble for it.

So it doesn't report illegal activity? O.o