News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I just got a new Toshiba laptop...and I need halp D:

Started by Zovistograt, December 26, 2007, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

The freaking wireless adapter won't turn on.  I enabled all that I can enable, disabled and reenabled, and diagnosed the problem.  When it's saying it's "repairing" (i.e. trying to turn it on), it just stops and says it's still turned off.

Is this more confirmation that Vista sucks?

I WANT INTERNETS ON MAH LAPTOP AAAAAAAAAA

:(
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Pokesamrus

unplug your router, count to ten, plug it back in?

that's what I have to do, usually, not just vista, it's usually the router's fault.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Pokesamrus on December 26, 2007, 10:50:04 AM

that's what I have to do, usually, not just vista, it's usually the router's fault.
nononononono, that's not the problem.

The problem is solely in the laptop itself.  The wireless adapter inside the computer is not turning on.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Pokesamrus

Quote from: Zovistograt on December 26, 2007, 10:52:00 AM

The problem is solely in the laptop itself.  The wireless adapter inside the computer is not turning on.
oh. was it installed wrongly? Is your OS uncompatible with the router? like a different bit vista?

Zovistograt

Quote from: Pokesamrus on December 26, 2007, 10:52:59 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on December 26, 2007, 10:52:00 AM

oh. was it installed wrongly? Is your OS uncompatible with the router? like a different bit vista?
But this has nothing to do with the router >_>

BOSSNIG

WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING A LAPTOP BUT ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Silverhawk79

Sounds like you might have some bad drivers installed, such as Windows Vista. :P
Downgrade to XP.

Pokesamrus

Quote from: Darklink on December 26, 2007, 10:53:55 AM
WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING A LAPTOP BUT ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(.
i have a desktop computer. HA HA ITS FASTER THEN SLOWFAG LAPTOPS

Pokesamrus

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on December 26, 2007, 10:54:45 AM
Sounds like you might have some bad drivers installed, such as Windows Vista. :P
Downgrade to XP.
Actually, XP is an upgrade from vista in my eyes XD

but yeah, it's the drivers.

Zovistograt

Downgrade to XP.
I'd love to, but I don't have a copy of XP with me at the moment and The Best Buy guy (who I hope is lying) said that you can't downgrade to XP cleanly because of unsupported hardware.

Pokesamrus

Quote from: Zovistograt on December 26, 2007, 10:56:11 AM
Downgrade to XP.
I'd love to, but I don't have a copy of XP with me at the moment and The Best Buy guy (who I hope is lying) said that you can't downgrade to XP cleanly because of unsupported hardware.
likely not, xp supports most hardware, it's vista that doesnt. u dont need new hardware ,do you?

Zovistograt

Quote from: Pokesamrus on December 26, 2007, 10:57:44 AM
Downgrade to XP.
likely not, xp supports most hardware, it's vista that doesnt. u dont need new hardware ,do you?

this is a new computer, I hope not :D

So would just running another OS solve the problem?  Does the problem solely have to do with Vista?

Pokesamrus

Quote from: Zovistograt on December 26, 2007, 10:59:54 AM
Downgrade to XP.

So would just running another OS solve the problem?  Does the problem solely have to do with Vista?
New OS, with support for your drivers. or a different bit vista?

Zovistograt

Quote from: Pokesamrus on December 26, 2007, 11:00:47 AM
Downgrade to XP.

New OS, with support for your drivers. or a different bit vista?
you think Gutsy Gibbon will have support? ::)

And I'm guessing that since Vista Home Premium 32bit is preloaded on this computer, the computer was made for it :P

Silverhawk79

Downgrade to XP.

Most likely.