News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Zelda series, you opinion and how you feel about it

Started by Sk8teland85, January 02, 2008, 12:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sk8teland85

There are many great gaming series out there in the world of gaming. Each one has it's good and bad parts to it. So let us now discuss how we all feel about one series in particular that gets a lot of scrutiny for it The Legend of Zelda series:

I have been playing the Zelda series since the beginning and I do think it is a great series overall. That being said I do think that there can be improvements to the series.

For one I would like to see more original games like Phantom Hourglass. Twilight Princess is a great game but it could have been so much better if they made some changes to the general design. Like make the environments much more open and the dungeons more complex.

Also, I would like to see more complex puzzle elements in the games. That is one thing I liked about Phantom Hourglass, the puzzles were very inventive and took some thought to solve since the solutions were not as obvious as in other Zelda games. Another thing I would like to see is more character development. I mean don't get me wrong the characters are still good but it would be nice if they flushed them out more.

LinkXLR

I love the Zelda series and how it can make you think in ways you wouldn't normally think. However, my favorite game would have to be Majora's Mask. I'd love to see that games formula again, even if it's just a port.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

ThePowerOfOne

I love the Zelda series. My favorites are Majoras Mask and Wind Waker. Those were both really fun and original.

britneymahboy

I love the Zelda series i've played all the console games not the handheld ones since Ocarina and every game is so amazing there's no series quite like it.
NAMBLA

Waveburner

Fell

I like the Zelda games because of the huge lands and places you can explore. MM and TP are my most favorite because of this. I felt they were really Big, and very fun to roam around.

I like the sense of adventure you can get from it. Like you're actually Link fighting through a horde of monsters, trying not to get lost in the lost woods, helping friends that you feel like yoy know, in short, you're apart of the game.

That's why I like it.  ;D

Spongebob does not approve

えっちーせんぱい

I only really like the Wind Waker. The openess of that game... O_o

Too much water..

Rius

Quote from: Blaziken on January 02, 2008, 01:21:04 PM
I only really like the Wind Waker. The openess of that game... O_o

Too much water..
Burning Rooster must drown now.

I like the Zelda games, and I loved TP's art style, but I wish it was bigger like Wind Waker. Exploration is all you have at the end if a Zelda game, and TP didn't have enough of it. Also, how did Mario get voice acting before Zelda? The way things are looking, Pokemon will have full voice acting before Zelda, and the stories in those games aren't even worthy to be spoken. >_>

Zovistograt

I think Zelda games are among the best RPG's, but its biggest fans are kinda perfectionists and always want more than is realistic.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Halfthefun

Quote from: Zovistograt on January 02, 2008, 01:32:52 PM
I think Zelda games are among the best RPG's, but its biggest fans are kinda perfectionists and always want more than is realistic.

If you expect something good, sure, it might not come out as what you expected, but it will probably be better than something you thought was going to be bad. And the perfectionists try to come up with targets, so games can improve much faster ;)

BOREDFOREVER

Well, I love the series, that's for sure.  There are too many things that I love about it to list, so I'll just hit some of the things I would like to see improved (or returned to.)

I definitely want more DS titles.  The quality of the handhelds has kept rising game by game.  What I really needed out of PH was some length and more dungeons.  I know the fact that it's on a handheld will always limit it's length, but I could have used a lot more than what we were given.

As for TP, that game needed a lot more depth, in both storyline and gameplay.  While it was a nice title to have early in the Wii lifetime, it just felt shallow and short.  I don't know for sure if we'll get another title on the Wii, but I am willing to wait if another release is going to reflect the shallowness of TP.

THEBIRD

I liked OoT, WW, TP, and MM. Majora's Mask was probably the hardest of the series. Especially if you are planning on trying to get every mask >.>. I probably would never play it again to beat the entire thing, but I'd play it just for the dungeons and story line.

Wind Waker was great since you could ride in a boat. It had a new design, and added new characters and a whole new look to the series. Instead of the usual Link, it was just a supposively normal boy who became of age and ended up saving more then just his sister by the end.

Twilight Princess has the best controls, a new different form, and great details. It was a little too short, but all the places to explore in Hyrule Field and all the shops to visit make up a lot for the quick and easy temples.

Ocarina of Time was the best of its time. It had the best graphics back then, a great story line, and some good dungeons with plenty of side quests. There were plenty of dungeons to go to, even though they were fairly easy. Plus, there were so many places to visit, a kid and an adult link to explore, that the game didn't get old fast.

GrimTuesday

I love the zelda series for it's storyline, music and great gameplay

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

demonic_muffin_man

OK, my opinion, lately games have sucked. PH, for example the dungeons were so boring and short in 45 minutes of entering i'd be at the boss. The sailing was still boring and dull, and the game itself was pretty lame. Then TP was a joke. The bosses were so easy, over half didn't hurt me at all. Everything in the combat was easy in that game, sure most of the other stuff were pretty good, but that was just so  easy.I think zelda should be more like ALTTP and MM those 2 games i played for hours and hours but the new ones are just not as fun anymore... 

weeeeeeeeee