PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: Nayrman on January 10, 2008, 03:34:51 PM
Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on January 10, 2008, 03:32:42 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 10, 2008, 03:26:15 PM
Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on January 10, 2008, 03:07:54 PM
Quote from: Skye8600 on January 10, 2008, 01:23:21 PM
Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on January 10, 2008, 04:39:49 AM
Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 10, 2008, 04:35:55 AM
There won't be another third party.  Nobody else deserves to be in.  Please do not say Pac-Man or Megaman and crap.  If they confirm another third party on the Dojo I won't post for a month.

WHAT? Sonic doesn't deserve to be in, MEGAMAN does though! Sonic is this stupid speed hedgehoge (sp? = wrong xp) whose F.S. is complelty like Pikachu's and then all of his attacks are the same! At least Megaman would have a variety of moves and not a cloned F.S!
oh god
not another megaman fanatic
Sonic deserves to be in the game far more than megaman does
and if you want to go into cloning,wouldnt megaman be a semi clone of samus?
lets see....he shoots beams outta a cannon.....samus shoots beams outta a cannon....you charge megamans cannon a stronger/bigger blast comes out.....you charge samus a stronger and bigger blast comes out....nope i dont see any similarities whatsoever

Yeah another Megaman fanatic I guess -shrugs-
Sonic > Megaman NEVER! Megaman > Sonic FTW! Megaman is far superior then Sonic, have you looked at Sonic's moveset and FS?
Megaman has those similarities really, he has difference such as Double Soul, Ability Change (forget what it is called), battle chips! He has SOOOOOOOO many options for a moveset and F.S. much more then Sonic and his same moves, and cloned F.S.
Sonic is completely unique...you don't see anyone use a spindash  anywhere do you? Also, the FS isn't cloned. If you would care to watch any vids  about the Final Smashes, you'd see Pikachu's is more about dealing damage, rather than KOing, and has far less force. Super Sonic is faster and more force behind it, but not as much damage. So it's not a cloned FS. Also, Sonic is still in the top five of most well known game characters ever, Megaman isn't....soo....yea...

What back when Sonic was actually popular? Or was Sonic only fans asked because I don't see him being on the top 5, for me it would be (Nintendo franchises)

1) Mario Franchise
2) Pokemon Franchise
3) LoZ Franchise
4) Kirby
5) Megaman (has been along for a LONG time)

Sonic wouldn't even be on that list! Their F.S. is pretty much the same, they had to change Sonic's a bit to make it not look like a clone although we already know it is...

Megaman isn't a Nintendo franchise X_X;;
Top five overall famous characters (possibly with SOME variation) but goes something like this:
1. Mario (duh...mascot of all gaming)
2. DK
3. Sonic
4. Pac-Man
5. Luigi

The final smash is different. THey play differently which is evidenced by the E for All videos. Also, Ike's FS is EXACTLY the same as Link's, yet you don't seem to be complaining about that.

I haven't seen their final smashes D= xP

Anyway that DEFINATLY WOULDN'T be the list first of all it would probably be this:

1) Mario, Luigi, D.K., the crew
2) Pokemon crew
3) LoZ crew
4) Kirby
5) Metroid

Also last time I checked Sonic was Sega educate;

Nayrman

Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on January 10, 2008, 03:38:17 PM

Anyway that DEFINATLY WOULDN'T be the list first of all it would probably be this:

2) Pokemon crew
3) LoZ crew
4) Kirby
5) Metroid

[/quote]
I'm talking about INDIVIDUAL characters, and the likelyhood anyone random off the street would recognize them. Not their popularity in the GAMING community. Of course I know SEGA is Sonic, you don't seem to know that MEgaman is Capcom tho...which is oddly disturbing. Also, probably Pikachu is the only real "famous" pokemon...since there are so many. Metroid is pretty high up on the popularity list don't you think? After all, it had a eight year hiatus, and never took off in the company's homeland in Japan...

Skye8600

Quote from: Nayrman on January 10, 2008, 03:26:15 PM
Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on January 10, 2008, 03:07:54 PM
Quote from: Skye8600 on January 10, 2008, 01:23:21 PM
Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on January 10, 2008, 04:39:49 AM
Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 10, 2008, 04:35:55 AM
There won't be another third party.  Nobody else deserves to be in.  Please do not say Pac-Man or Megaman and crap.  If they confirm another third party on the Dojo I won't post for a month.

WHAT? Sonic doesn't deserve to be in, MEGAMAN does though! Sonic is this stupid speed hedgehoge (sp? = wrong xp) whose F.S. is complelty like Pikachu's and then all of his attacks are the same! At least Megaman would have a variety of moves and not a cloned F.S!
oh god
not another megaman fanatic
Sonic deserves to be in the game far more than megaman does
and if you want to go into cloning,wouldnt megaman be a semi clone of samus?
lets see....he shoots beams outta a cannon.....samus shoots beams outta a cannon....you charge megamans cannon a stronger/bigger blast comes out.....you charge samus a stronger and bigger blast comes out....nope i dont see any similarities whatsoever

Yeah another Megaman fanatic I guess -shrugs-
Sonic > Megaman NEVER! Megaman > Sonic FTW! Megaman is far superior then Sonic, have you looked at Sonic's moveset and FS?
Megaman has those similarities really, he has difference such as Double Soul, Ability Change (forget what it is called), battle chips! He has SOOOOOOOO many options for a moveset and F.S. much more then Sonic and his same moves, and cloned F.S.
Sonic is completely unique...you don't see anyone use a spindash  anywhere do you? Also, the FS isn't cloned. If you would care to watch any vids  about the Final Smashes, you'd see Pikachu's is more about dealing damage, rather than KOing, and has far less force. Super Sonic is faster and more force behind it, but not as much damage. So it's not a cloned FS. Also, Sonic is still in the top five of most well known game characters ever, Megaman isn't....soo....yea...
exactly

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: Nayrman on January 10, 2008, 03:40:42 PM

2) Pokemon crew
3) LoZ crew
4) Kirby
5) Metroid

I'm talking about INDIVIDUAL characters, and the likelyhood anyone random off the street would recognize them. Not their popularity in the GAMING community. Of course I know SEGA is Sonic, you don't seem to know that MEgaman is Capcom tho...which is oddly disturbing. Also, probably Pikachu is the only real "famous" pokemon...since there are so many. Metroid is pretty high up on the popularity list don't you think? After all, it had a eight year hiatus, and never took off in the company's homeland in Japan...
[/quote]

Alright then:

1) Mario
2) Pikachu
3) Link
4) Kirby
5) Luigi

I know Megaman is Capcom I am not dumb but I consider him Nintendo...although he is Capcom's mascot -sigh- =P Anyway then for individual characters that is my list, and I am pretty sure people would reconixe them, and Sonic wouldn't be in the top 5...

Nayrman

Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on January 10, 2008, 03:46:22 PM

2) Pokemon crew
3) LoZ crew
4) Kirby
5) Metroid

Alright then:

1) Mario
2) Pikachu
3) Link
4) Kirby
5) Luigi

I know Megaman is Capcom I am not dumb but I consider him Nintendo...although he is Capcom's mascot -sigh- =P Anyway then for individual characters that is my list, and I am pretty sure people would reconixe them, and Sonic wouldn't be in the top 5...
[/quote]
I know for a fact Pac-man and Sonic would take the place of Kirby abd Link. As great as Zelda games are, Link isn't exactly the most well known videogame character. Same goes for Kirby...

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: Nayrman on January 10, 2008, 03:50:06 PM

2) Pokemon crew
3) LoZ crew
4) Kirby
5) Metroid

Alright then:

1) Mario
2) Pikachu
3) Link
4) Kirby
5) Luigi

I know for a fact Pac-man and Sonic would take the place of Kirby abd Link. As great as Zelda games are, Link isn't exactly the most well known videogame character. Same goes for Kirby...
[/quote]

EVERYONE knows Pacman, so in that case Pacman > Link, and then Kirby > Sonic

Nayrman

Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on January 10, 2008, 03:52:54 PM

2) Pokemon crew
3) LoZ crew
4) Kirby
5) Metroid

Alright then:

1) Mario
2) Pikachu
3) Link
4) Kirby
5) Luigi

[/quote]
How can you honestly say Kirby is more recognizable than Sonic? Heck, he's had more tv shows than any game character (that INCLUDES Mario), third in overall game total to Mario and Megaman (only due to the fact that they're nine years older...). If you were to ask anyone randomly on the street, I can gurantee more people would recognize Sonic over Kirby...

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: Nayrman on January 10, 2008, 03:57:33 PM
Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on January 10, 2008, 03:52:54 PM

2) Pokemon crew
3) LoZ crew
4) Kirby
5) Metroid

Alright then:

1) Mario
2) Pikachu
3) Link
4) Kirby
5) Luigi

How can you honestly say Kirby is more recognizable than Sonic? Heck, he's had more tv shows than any game character (that INCLUDES Mario), third in overall game total to Mario and Megaman (only due to the fact that they're nine years older...). If you were to ask anyone randomly on the street, I can gurantee more people would recognize Sonic over Kirby...
[/quote]

Megaman = 20 years, he would be more reconizable (sp?) then Sonic would be, and everyone knows Kirby more. Mario anime was bad, and Kirby anime I saw once, but NO anime based on a game has more then Pokemon (son't ask why I just said that about Pokemon =P).

Nayrman

By sheer episode number, then yea I guess pkmn gets it.
I seriously doubt the kirby thing. Same logic goes for the megaman thing: Prince of Persia is well over 20 years old (even going back to the atari days), but that isn't popular overall (just showing how age means nothing). Why else do you think Sonic was one of the first four characters inducted into the "walk of game" in San Fransisco? It must be because he's well known

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: Nayrman on January 10, 2008, 04:03:13 PM
I seriously doubt the kirby thing. Same logic goes for the megaman thing: Prince of Persia is well over 20 years old (even going back to the atari days), but that isn't popular overall (just showing how age means nothing). Why else do you think Sonic was one of the first four characters inducted into the "walk of game" in San Fransisco? It must be because he's well known

Who on earth is Prince of Persia? Megaman at least has had A LOT of games for a long 20 years. Anyway just because Sonic is in there doesn't mean he is more well known then Kirby, everyone knows the cute little pink ball that we all know and love =P

Nayrman

Quote from: PHOENIXBLAST on January 10, 2008, 04:10:06 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 10, 2008, 04:03:13 PM

Who on earth is Prince of Persia? Megaman at least has had A LOT of games for a long 20 years. Anyway just because Sonic is in there doesn't mean he is more well known then Kirby, everyone knows the cute little pink ball that we all know and love =P
Look it up. He had three games last generation (Sands of Time was actually good).

And by lots of games you mean tons of annoying spinoffs on handhelds that no one thought too highly off. Not to mention they change his look every two years or so...
At least Sonic stays consistant, and is actually getting better overall. Sonic is more well known than Kirby...get over it. I'm sure everyone on this forum would probably agree with me on that.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Skye8600 on January 09, 2008, 04:25:08 PM
seems ive made a mistake
i just realized i had a different def. of third party in my head
my mistake
It's ok, we all make mistakes.  :robothappy: