Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 15, 2008, 05:40:11 AM
Quote from: Apollo on January 15, 2008, 05:38:47 AM
this is DUMB
he has no good reason

Do you know that?
Completion is a good enough reason.

What if they found a major flaw just recently that would take time to fix?

Hector_the_Axe has a massive point in this discussion.

Apollo

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on January 15, 2008, 11:22:45 AM
this is DUMB
he has no good reason

Do you know that?

then how is the flaw fixable in just one week for japan.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Apollo on January 15, 2008, 11:27:05 AM
this is DUMB
he has no good reason

Do you know that?

*waits for answer*

Skye8600

you guys do know that the release date for japan was pushed back as well, right?
its now coming out on the 31 of january there

Nintendude92

Quote from: Skye8600 on January 15, 2008, 12:51:27 PM
you guys do know that the release date for japan was pushed back as well, right?
its now coming out on the 31 of january there

It's only a week more then they were originnaly getting it. One month here. (US)
I'm MarioBoy29. :o

Sig under construction, avatar to be updated. My sig is aincent.

Cakeman

wo..wo...wo...wo...wo..wo..wo.wo its still being released feb 10th here right?
<Insert amazing beautiful sig here>

Nintendude92

Quote from: Cakeman on January 15, 2008, 02:10:59 PM

Read the top of dojo, and bring life support.
I'm MarioBoy29. :o

Sig under construction, avatar to be updated. My sig is aincent.

Nayrman

I don't trust a thing until the day it comes out.
Why does Nintendo delay stuff for no reason? I swear, don't give a date if you cant gurantee that's the day. You don't see that happening in movies/music/tv, only games, and I'm sure 90% of those delays are Nintendo stuff. I can't even begin to imagine how long it's gonna take to get Mario Kart now X_X;;

Cakeman

Quote from: Nintendude92 on January 15, 2008, 02:14:54 PM
Quote from: Cakeman on January 15, 2008, 02:10:59 PM

Read the top of dojo, and bring life support.
*dies*
<Insert amazing beautiful sig here>

Nayrman

this is DUMB
he has no good reason

Do you know that?

Well, two things about that:
1. If there was some flaw, Japan would've been released later than an extra week. If it only takes that long to fix it, it shouldn't take that long just to get it over here then, not a whole month
2. The game is already done according to just about every development time in gaming. It usually takes two to three weeks to get everything set up from production to shipping,etc. So the extra week in Japan would prove nothing really. So overall unless they say something this delay is because of little/nothing on the development part. Either Japan hates us or NoA is being insanely lazy

Rius

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on January 15, 2008, 11:35:10 AM
Quote from: Apollo on January 15, 2008, 11:27:05 AM
this is DUMB
he has no good reason

Do you know that?

*waits for answer*
Flaws are fixable in mere minutes, and the flaw, if there's one, is probably fixed already. That week is, if there was a flaw, for recycling the already made discs and printing out new ones. Shipping was already figured into the date, so it should have no effect. If the flaw did exist, then that month accounts for catching up on translation and printing and shipping games. North America is a much larger entity when concerning the game market, so manufacturing can take a while.
Quote from: Nayrman on January 15, 2008, 02:15:34 PM
I don't trust a thing until the day it comes out.
Why does Nintendo delay stuff for no reason? I swear, don't give a date if you cant gurantee that's the day. You don't see that happening in movies/music/tv, only games, and I'm sure 90% of those delays are Nintendo stuff. I can't even begin to imagine how long it's gonna take to get Mario Kart now X_X;;

Game release dates are changed all the time, as seen with Square Enix games. The only flaw on Nintendo's part is turning their release dates into big press events.

Nayrman

Okay, Nintendo and Square make up the majority of game delays. You would think by now they'd learn to to have a date until they can GURANTEE that it'll come out on that day. Halo 3 got delayed what? Once? Smash twice (and god knows how many more based on Nintendo's track record), Galaxy twice, and not enough fingers to count how many times Twilight Princess got pushed back...

Rius

Quote from: Nayrman on January 15, 2008, 02:37:15 PM
Okay, Nintendo and Square make up the majority of game delays. You would think by now they'd learn to to have a date until they can GURANTEE that it'll come out on that day. Halo 3 got delayed what? Once? Smash twice (and god knows how many more based on Nintendo's track record), Galaxy twice, and not enough fingers to count how many times Twilight Princess got pushed back...
They're people, so they'll never learn from mistakes. *shrugs*

Nayrman

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 15, 2008, 02:38:52 PM
All I know is, when I become a game designer, I'm not giving a date until I can gurantee that date (unless of course some disaster like game crash happens). You owe the people at least that much.

I'm mostly just peeved on how this delay is for little to no reason. If it's because you don't have "enough", they're doing the same thing with the Wii, so why are they trying that with a game and not the system huh?

Rius

Quote from: Nayrman on January 15, 2008, 02:40:41 PM
Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 15, 2008, 02:38:52 PM
All I know is, when I become a game designer, I'm not giving a date until I can gurantee that date (unless of course some disaster like game crash happens). You owe the people at least that much.

I'm mostly just peeved on how this delay is for little to no reason. If it's because you don't have "enough", they're doing the same thing with the Wii, so why are they trying that with a game and not the system huh?
We don't know yet what the delay is for; everything here is just speculation. All you can do is make the best of the situation. And yeah, nowadays release dates are Advent important, so changing them isn't wise, but if it can't be helped, there's nothing we can do about it but not buy the game. Boycotting is the way to bring about change, and how many of you are willing to do that?