Marth and Roy might not be in Brawl.

Started by Daft Pink, January 19, 2008, 08:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daft Pink

According to brawl central. Here it is:

"Ness/Marth/Roy Article Translations
We've translated the article showing Ness, and this is what we got:

Title: "Do you remember Ness?

Ness, a representative of the Mother 2 series, has been appearing in Smash. He started out in Smash Bros. as a hidden character. In order to make him playable all that trouble you had to go through...Incidentally, the movie featured on the official website reveals that Mr. Saturn is still a throwable item."

And now for Marth and Roy's:

Title: "Do you Remember Marth and Roy?"

They are touched upon in the column page, but these two participated in Melee from the Fire Emblem series. One of them is Marth who's from the game Fire Emblem and the Sword of the Dark Dragon and Light. The other is Roy who comes from Fire Emblem The Sword of Seals. Marth wields a fast flowing sword, and though immature Roy wields a potent blade. Can Ike surpass his two predecessors? Stay tuned!"

They point out that they are Ike's predecessors, which could mean they're not in Brawl. Since the magazine is doing these features on old characters, is this the final nail in the coffin for Ness? This could mean a number of things, so take it as you may."

La Pared

Yea I think a lot of us had a feeling about Roy but Marth and Ness is something that I kinda did expect back.

www.Revolutionists.co.nr

Neerb

Seeing as how Lucas is a 100% improved clone of Ness, I highly doubt Ness will return.  i was expecting Marth, but now that they've announced Ike's side special as "Quick Draw" and his down as "Counter", both of those moves sound eirily similar to Marth, so now I'm having doubts.  As for Roy, he was a clone who was in Melee for the sole purpose of advertising for his upcoming game--i never expected him to make a return.

QingXin

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 19, 2008, 09:06:08 PM
Seeing as how Lucas is a 100% improved clone of Ness, I highly doubt Ness will return.  i was expecting Marth, but now that they've announced Ike's side special as "Quick Draw" and his down as "Counter", both of those moves sound eirily similar to Marth, so now I'm having doubts.  As for Roy, he was a clone who was in Melee for the sole purpose of advertising for his upcoming game--i never expected him to make a return.
... Are you high? Lucas is a clone of Ness, yes, but they have different Normal Attacks. If you read the Dojo update, he has different Smashes, Grabs, etc.. Alike, but not 100% clone.

I hope Marth and Roy don't leave. If they do, though, Marth would get replaced by Sigurd, and Roy's position was taken by Ike.

Water ☮

Quote from: TamJammerz on January 19, 2008, 09:45:12 PM
... Are you high? Lucas is a clone of Ness, yes, but they have different Normal Attacks. If you read the Dojo update, he has different Smashes, Grabs, etc.. Alike, but not 100% clone.

I hope Marth and Roy don't leave. If they do, though, Marth would get replaced by Sigurd, and Roy's position was taken by Ike.
so what your saying is that Ness and Lucas would be kinda like Mario and Luigi? I think that could work out fine :)

Triforceman22

I agrre...
I hope roy and marth return...
Also you used the same sprites in your sig as me...:P

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

tollhouse2006

Can the source of this article be trusted.  How can you say characters are not in the game if you haven't spied of Brawl's development.  The article doesn't have good proof.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Mutilator7

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 20, 2008, 06:04:59 AM
Can the source of this article be trusted.  How can you say characters are not in the game if you haven't spied of Brawl's development.  The article doesn't have good proof.

Ah you can't know for sure, but i think if marth or roy would come back, it would be marth

Nayrman

They know about as much as we do about the game, so we don't konw for sure, but Ness and Roy going is probably going to happen.

SHUTOKOU BATTLE 89

I dont really care much foy Roy, but hopefully they dont get rid of Marth.

Neerb

No, I don't mean that Lucas is a 100% clone who's better than Ness, I mean that Lucas is a clone who is 100% better than Ness.

Mystic

M&R are predecessors in the fact that they came before Ike. Doesn't mean they're gone though. Although, I don't mind much, since I never used Roy. I liked Marth though, but it's ok.

Ness sucked, 100%, in my opinion, so good riddance.

Red

Quote from: Mystic Swampert on January 20, 2008, 05:15:21 PM
M&R are predecessors in the fact that they came before Ike. Doesn't mean they're gone though. Although, I don't mind much, since I never used Roy. I liked Marth though, but it's ok.

Ness sucked, 100%, in my opinion, so good riddance.
He was the best in SSB64.

BOWSERFREAK13

Need...Roy...  He was one of my Mains in Melee.  I doubt he will be back in Brawl, but I can dream can't I?

Hey RedSox.  "Official RE Thread" forever!!

Red

Quote from: BOWSERFREAK13 on January 20, 2008, 05:54:05 PM
Need...Roy...  He was one of my Mains in Melee.  I doubt he will be back in Brawl, but I can dream can't I?

Hey RedSox.  "Official RE Thread" forever!!
Roy is coming back, even if Marth has to be cut.