Main Menu

My thoughts on witch characters should really come back.

Started by Joeofmars, January 21, 2008, 11:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeofmars

A lot of people argue on weather or not certain SSBM characters should come back, but have you ever really looked into it?

- Captain Falcon.

Yes. He is one of the original 12, and many people use him. He has an original moveset and has spawned a clone.

- Dr. Mario.

I think Dr. Mario could come back if he had an extremely original, newly reworked moveset. I will elaborate that in another topic.

- Falco.

I think he has a chance to come back. If they changed his moveset around to use items from Star Fox: Assault, he has a very good chance of coming back. I do not want him back, though.

- Ganondorf.

Ganon should almost definitely come back. He would be de-cloned and use his sword from Twilight Princess.

- Jigglypuff.

No doubt about it. She was original and part of the original 12.

- Luigi.

I think he will be back, but he should have a re-worked moveset to be more different then Mario. I do not think he is important, but I have no doubt he will be back.

- Marth.

Yes. He was, once again, an original character. He had a clone, but was not one himself. I do not see him coming back, seeing how Ike is here.

- Mewtwo.

I can see him being buffed, returning with slightly different moves.

- Mr. Game and Watch.

I do not see him coming back. I think he was a one time WTF character.

- Ness.

I originally did not see him coming back, but due to recent evens, I see him coming back with new moves.

- Pichu.

No. I do not see him coming back. He was bottom tier, extremely weak, and nobody used him.

- Roy.

I do not see him coming back, as he was a clone of Marth. I do not see him getting a new moveset.

- Young Link.

I see him coming back as WW Link, with a slightly different moveset.

That is my opinion.

Cornwad

G&W has an icon, he is probably coming back.
And Roy is a clone of Roy?
Also, Jigglypuff is already confirmed. But you probably knew that.

Tupin

I really can't see a Smash game without Luigi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and Young Link. (hey, I liked him)

I DO want Roy/Marth, though.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

I seriously don't see the need for Ness and Doc to come back. Doc is an alt costume at best (thats all he is anyway), and Lucas was supposed to replace Ness in Melee, and Lucas already copied all of Ness's moves, so it's sort of what's the point? We can get two extra newcomers if those two leave as well (not to mention I don't like either dude, and Ness mains can just use Lucas...same thing)

Ridley

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Shujinco2

Dr. Maqrio is a different character. There was several aspects of him that was different then Mario! I can't name them myself, but if they WERE truly the same character, I wouldn't be better with Dr. Mario and NOT with Mario.

Nintenfrk

Roy is a clone of Roy?!?!?! Gah, the paradox! Anyway, I agree with your list except for Dr. Mario and Mr. Game & Watch.
The man in black fled across the desert...and the gunslinger followed.

Triforceman22

Lol, @ Roy's reason...:P

Also, Roy can be unlocked first....
So Marth can be a clone of roy for all we know...:O

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Rius

Quote from: Triforceman22 on January 21, 2008, 01:01:46 PM

Don't you have to beat Single Player mode WITH Marth to unlock Roy? That's kind of a paradox. :-/

Triforceman22

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 21, 2008, 01:04:17 PM

Don't you have to beat Single Player mode WITH Marth to unlock Roy? That's kind of a paradox. :-/

umm.... Vs. Matches much?
If you play enough of them, you can unlock Roy first... :\
anyways to answer the question that you will be asking is that Marth takes less Vs. matches to get...
Well, if you don't beat Marth, you can go to Roy, and beat him first. Then you unlck Marth.
Pwnt

Rius

Quote from: Triforceman22 on January 21, 2008, 01:06:19 PM

anyways to answer the question that you will be asking is that Marth takes less Vs. matches to get...
Well, if you don't beat Marth, you can go to Roy, and beat him first. Then you unlck Marth.
Pwnt
I find it hard to believe someone would fight Marth after every battle for the next few hundred battles to unlock Roy first. And what if you can't unlock the next person using matches until you have beaten the previous one? *waits*

Triforceman22

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 21, 2008, 01:09:43 PM

Pwnt
I find it hard to believe someone would fight Marth after every battle for the next few hundred battles to unlock Roy first. And what if you can't unlock the next person using matches until you have beaten the previous one? *waits*

Iv'e done it before....
(Yeah I got too much free time...)

but Marth can be a clone of Roy...
end of discussion

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on January 21, 2008, 01:11:17 PM

Pwnt

Iv'e done it before....

end of discussion
Well, even if you lost to Marth, you still had to FIGHT him first, so since you see him first, Roy's still the clone.

Rius

Quote from: Nayrman on January 21, 2008, 01:12:32 PM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on January 21, 2008, 01:11:17 PM

Pwnt

Iv'e done it before....

end of discussion
Well, even if you lost to Marth, you still had to FIGHT him first, so since you see him first, Roy's still the clone.

Quote from: Triforceman22 on January 21, 2008, 01:06:56 PM
pwnt. :P

^___^

Playat

Mewtwo should come back with some new moves and much heavier. In fact he should be one of many heavy characters

Doc should be alternate color for Mario

Luigi, Jiggs, Ness and C Falcon are shoe-ins

Roy and Y. Link should be cut while Falco, Marth and Ganondorf returns

I guess you can say that Pichu is sorta in brawl. Just say that it evolved into the Pikachu we see today

I don't know about Game and watch