Main Menu

Oooh... the official starting roster?

Started by The Riddler, January 22, 2008, 12:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

Quote from: CrazyGamer on January 22, 2008, 12:57:14 PM
Sonic and Snake are unlockable? Doubt it.

Also, there shouldn't be a "Random" Button. Thats because when you turn Play thing off it randomly picks a character then.

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 22, 2008, 04:39:32 AM
Captain Falcon and Ness are unlockables?
They were in Smash Bros. 64...
Sakurai already said that Snake and Sonic were unlockable, and only revealed them to build hype for the game. And there was, essentially, a random button in Melee, it was just invisible. Switching play modes proves to be cumbersome.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 22, 2008, 01:06:02 PM

Also, there shouldn't be a "Random" Button. Thats because when you turn Play thing off it randomly picks a character then.

Sakurai already said that Snake and Sonic were unlockable, and only revealed them to build hype for the game. And there was, essentially, a random button in Melee, it was just invisible. Switching play modes proves to be cumbersome.
But in melee that random button only existed when you had all 25 characters.  There is a random button in Brawl now.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Rius

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 22, 2008, 01:17:32 PM
Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 22, 2008, 01:06:02 PM

But in melee that random button only existed when you had all 25 characters.  There is a random button in Brawl now.
Which is much more convenient than waiting to unlock every character for one. While a random button does seem to go against Sakurai's style, looking at his other projects, maybe someone convinced him, otherwise.

StarWindWizard7

I'm not saying it's false, but lol..the characters just look Random.

You know in SSBM, you had Link, Young Link, and Zelda together,

You had Mario, Peach together......... it just looks...bleh.

Neerb

Quote from: RedSox on January 22, 2008, 06:41:20 AM
I think it's fake. Get one of our wii game cases now. Open it up, compare the things in the center of the disc that is hold it in, the one in the picture is different than any other wii game case. :O

OMG YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!!!  NONE OF MY WII CASES LOOK LIKE THAT!!!

Of course, there is the possibility that the Japanese case is different from the American case...

Macawmoses

Why is it fake? The generic poses right out of the Dojo might explain it?!

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: mackormoses on January 22, 2008, 04:29:12 PM
Why is it fake? The generic poses right out of the Dojo might explain it?!
EVERYTHING IS SO CONFUSING! ????

Daft Pink

It looks real! And the disc looks awesome. I hope the disc looks like that for us too.

Skye8600

Shortfuse of SWF just contacted me and pointed out something very interesting. Here's what he had to say:
I started the "Japanese Forums" thread almost 3 weeks ago. It got some attention and was pretty popular. Gimpyfish grew interested in the way the SWF community was involved in this project of checking Japanese sites. He went to talk to a few friends who are major smash players in Japan. What happened later (and he announced on the SMYN podcast) is that he said he obtained some link to some great sites including what he though to be the Japanese Smashboards. It turned out it wasn't and the rest of the sites where just simple tournament sites. I didn't pay much attention to them. Gimpy did say since one of his friends would likely get the game early, since he hosts Melee tournaments. One of the tournament sites is http://ketubato.com . Interesting enough, this video surfaced: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VxrQiCz4_o

What's the correlation? Well, look at the user who uploaded the video. It's queensaki. Who is queensaki? It's none other than the webmaster of ketubato.com. What am I getting at? Yes, Gimpy's friend who he said was going to have Brawl early...who hosts tournaments is the one who uploaded the Brawl video to youtube. Yes guys, it's real.

I agree very much with what he said, and it looks like this video is indeed real, using the logic explained above. I'll let you be your own judge on the matter.

HYRULESEAS

Ridley for Brawl!  hi i'm Toad! :)

Skye8600

Gwen Khan

Skye8600

Cornwad

tollhouse2006

So, if it is real than why was the video only 9 seconds?  It made it look like he was hiding everything.  I hope this is a demo otherwise we are going to get random spoilers everyday and that means I have to leave.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi