News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Super Smash Bros. DS Thread!!!!

Started by Neerb, January 23, 2008, 06:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on January 23, 2008, 07:18:44 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 23, 2008, 07:17:24 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on January 23, 2008, 07:13:08 PM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 23, 2008, 07:10:42 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on January 23, 2008, 06:59:29 PM
Hmmm....
Of coarse you would need Pokeballs, Boxes, Barrels....
Mabye have Mushroom Kingdom as a stage :P

Of coarse, it could just be SSB64 with Wi-Fi and better graphics....

Oh... and as for Newcomers... mabye Tom Nook :P

Just to make things easier, please post a moveset (specials and FS) for any newcomers you suggest.

Do I have to? Where's Tuppylover? Ummmm....
I'll have to get back to you on that.
I'm here.

But I'm not sure what to do.:(
You must have a Nook moveset... right?

Don't worry; I just posted one!  :)

And to Dawei's question, I PM'd mackormoses about it saying official, and he said "OK" as long as I get mad at spam  and stay on topic.  And speaking of which, I think we've proven bey now that a SSBDS is possible, so let's have some more ideas for the game, people!

Tupin

Quote from: Dawei on January 23, 2008, 07:26:13 PM
Does this really need to say "official"?

And to people saying the overall game itself is impossible, look at Jump Ultimate Stars.
Once again, Nintendo should just rip out and replace sprites, call it Super Smash Bros. whatever their next handheld is, and release it as a launch title.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 23, 2008, 07:31:24 PM
Quote from: Dawei on January 23, 2008, 07:26:13 PM
Does this really need to say "official"?

And to people saying the overall game itself is impossible, look at Jump Ultimate Stars.
Once again, Nintendo should just rip out and replace sprites, call it Super Smash Bros. whatever their next handheld is, and release it as a launch title.

1.  You better be sarcastic!  >:(
2.  Does ANYONE have any suggestions for the game?!?  Although, I guess talking about SSBDS in general is allowed... (unless mackormoses dissaproves)

GrimTuesday

Unfortunately there is a few flaws in a Smash Bros. DS...

1. Smash Bros. requires to have VERY precise movements, I don't believe that a control pad would allow that.

2. How would the game be able to tell the difference between a Smash Attack and a Tilt Attack?

3. Hardware limitations, IMO the very best style Smash Bros. game they could do on DS would have to be limited to a smash bros. of N64 calibur.

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

Neerb

Quote from: GrimTuesday on January 23, 2008, 09:11:25 PM

1. Smash Bros. requires to have VERY precise movements, I don't believe that a control pad would allow that.

2. How would the game be able to tell the difference between a Smash Attack and a Tilt Attack?

3. Hardware limitations, IMO the very best style Smash Bros. game they could do on DS would have to be limited to a smash bros. of N64 calibur.

OMG WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?  HAVE YOU READ THE FIRST POST?  HAVE YOU SEEN ANY OF THE WIIMOTE CONTROL UPDATES?  HAVE YOU SEEN ANY OF THE GAMEPLAY VIDEOS USING THE WIIMOTE?  IF ANYONE HAS ANYMORE COMMENTS ABOUT USING A CONTROL PAD, GO TO THIS LINK READ THE WHOLE THING: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/basic07.html!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cornwad

Quote from: GrimTuesday on January 23, 2008, 09:11:25 PM

DS' graphics are much better than the N64s ::)

Neerb

Hey, what's the Ray's name from Custom Robo Arena?  I'm gonna add him to the list as a DS replacement for Ray 01 (who SHOULD be in Brawl!).

HYRULESEAS

Meta Ridley (even though I want him in Brawl ;D) As for a moveset....... well......um.....I guess user Ridley could.........* goes to find user Ridley* User Ridley where are you!!

Ridley for Brawl!  hi i'm Toad! :)

Mutilator7

Hmmm... a good idea, not that it hasn't been thoguht of before, i think it could be possible, only with ds "touch screen" gameplay

Neerb

I don't want you guys to criticize the idea of SSBDS, I want you to submit ideas for what could be in it if there was one!

Also, can someone please give me the name of the main Ray in Custom Robo Arena (possibly with a moveset)?

Tupin

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 24, 2008, 04:40:22 PM
I don't want you guys to criticize the idea of SSBDS, I want you to submit ideas for what could be in it if there was one!

Also, can someone please give me the name of the main Ray in Custom Robo Arena (possibly with a moveset)?
Ray 01.

And there are movesets in Ridley's thread.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 24, 2008, 04:43:25 PM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 24, 2008, 04:40:22 PM

Ray 01.

And there are movesets in Ridley's thread.
I know Ray 01 was in Custom Robo (GC), but I want to know the Ray in Custom Robo Arena (DS).

As you may have noticed by now, I'm making it to where the characters become their DS forms (TP Link is replaced by PH Link, TP Zelda/Shiek is replaced by PH Zelda/Tetra, and CR Ray 01 is replaced by CRA   Ray _____)

Neerb

Okay, I found the Robo I was looking for, now does anyone have any suggestions as to which Veterans should return and which Newcomers should be in, because there are only gonna be 25 total, not including Transformations, so some veterans are gonna have to be kicked out.

Also on the to-do list, does anybody have a good idea for a new Story Mode (like SSE)??

tollhouse2006

Sorry to break it to you guys but Sakurai said in his interview with Iwata that Brawl is the last Smash Bros game.  The DS game can't happen.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Neerb

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 25, 2008, 11:51:46 AM
Sorry to break it to you guys but Sakurai said in his interview with Iwata that Brawl is the last Smash Bros game.  The DS game can't happen.

So Sakurai owns all rights to Smash?  If not, then they could still make another one, just like they made more DK and Star Fox games without Rare.  And even if there isn't gonna be another one, this thread is an automatic assumption, meaning WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE IN IT IF THEY WERE GONNA MAKE ONE.