News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

I just got Guitar Hero today

Started by THEEVILSPERKY, January 23, 2008, 10:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEEVILSPERKY

I got the double pack of GH and GH2 for PS2. 8)

I've come to realize I pretty much suck, haha, but I'm having fun... and I can't tell if I'm getting any better yet or not, hehe. ^__^

GH2 seems easier in some ways, but harder in other ways, compared to the original.

Any general advice on getting better.. any comments on getting GH2 for PS2 vs 360 version.. do you like the first or second better?... or anything else you can think of that relates is appreciated. :)
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

Razer

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on January 23, 2008, 10:58:50 PM
I got the double pack of GH and GH2 for PS2. 8)

I've come to realize I pretty much suck, haha, but I'm having fun... and I can't tell if I'm getting any better yet or not, hehe. ^__^

GH2 seems easier in some ways, but harder in other ways, compared to the original.

Any general advice on getting better.. any comments on getting GH2 for PS2 vs 360 version.. do you like the first or second better?... or anything else you can think of that relates is appreciated. :)
The original two GH games are excellent in their own ways. I've just come to dislike the first one because the Hammerons/Pulloffs are almost unresponsive. :P

I'd say get the 360 version of GH2 if you can; it's got ten songs more than the PS2 version, looks better, and has DLC. :P

Allegretto

They both have there strong points but the hammer ons are so hard! lol, im sure your getting better just practice ;D

THEEVILSPERKY

Update!

I am getting better, but slowly.

I beat Easy mode already.. but I just have to go back and do just under 5 more songs for 5-star ratings for everything.  You might want to note I'm a newbie and I'm playing this game between 1 and 7 am, it's my only free time (it's 4 am as of my writing this where I am) ~_^

I started Medium and did two songs so far and I tried Hard mode.. and I 4-starred Paint it Black!

I'm up and coming, but ever so slowly.  Great games, but I just don't know which version of 3 I'll want to get! ~_^

And yeah, hammer-ons are a pain, I don't bother with them anymore 'cause whenever I try it, it doesn't go through! ~_~
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on January 30, 2008, 02:10:30 AM
Update!

I am getting better, but slowly.

I beat Easy mode already.. but I just have to go back and do just under 5 more songs for 5-star ratings for everything.  You might want to note I'm a newbie and I'm playing this game between 1 and 7 am, it's my only free time (it's 4 am as of my writing this where I am) ~_^

I started Medium and did two songs so far and I tried Hard mode.. and I 4-starred Paint it Black!

I'm up and coming, but ever so slowly.  Great games, but I just don't know which version of 3 I'll want to get! ~_^

And yeah, hammer-ons are a pain, I don't bother with them anymore 'cause whenever I try it, it doesn't go through! ~_~

On GH I, don't bother HO/POing. It's difficult and a very different feeling from II and III.
On GH II, there's really no need to until you get to Hard.
On GH III, you'll need to be fairly good at them if you want to do well on Medium.

Just remember that only notes without the black border around the white circle can be HOPO'ed.