News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

I need to rant on something...the state of Toonami

Started by Nayrman, January 27, 2008, 07:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Saturday night was probably the last time I'll watch Toonami until Naruto Shippuden comes over to America...because Naruto is officially in the fillers now. Gawd this is gonna suck. What ever happened to the three hour a day thing with the good episodes of DBZ (no Cell, Buu, and junk), Gundam, and Tenchi Muyo? Now it's limited to a sucky two hour block (after...guh...Goosebumps which was made when I was in elemntary sschol with its sh*ty visuals) only once a week with only three shows. Now one show is in it's horrific filler content for at LEAST another forty three weeks (grr...), One Piece is just the DBZ voice actors getting new jobs (I swear I as watching DBZ when I watched it for the first time since the 4kids got done with it) and they're showing DBZ for what? The fifth run through or something? There is tons of decent anime out there so why was the best part of CN ruined forever now? Not that I liked the four thing they had before (Prince of Tennis!? C'mon!). Oh well...I guess Adult Swim is it now for anime on our tv's  :-[

ON the bright side....at least Deidara's VA is actually GOOD

Fell

Is BoBoBoBoBoBo-BoBoBoBo still on? If not....... :robotangry:

Spongebob does not approve

Nayrman

Quote from: Felldohs_wrath on January 27, 2008, 07:27:29 PM
Is BoBoBoBoBoBo-BoBoBoBo still on? If not....... :robotangry:
Nope:
1 hour of Naruto (Now in...argh...FILLER)
One Piece
The hundredth time they've shown the same episodes of DBZ we've all seen a million times.

Hiei

They never showed good Gundam on there. Wing was a pathetic pile of crap, and they edited the hell out of G Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Actually, I take that back. They used to do a midnight run of 0080 uncut. Of course, without Mobile Suit Gundam, you have no idea what's going on.

Mystic

major tom

I lol @ teenagers who whine when their favorite kid's cartoon goes off air and criticize all the new cartoons.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hiei on January 27, 2008, 08:35:45 PM
They never showed good Gundam on there. Wing was a pathetic pile of crap, and they edited the hell out of G Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Actually, I take that back. They used to do a midnight run of 0080 uncut. Of course, without Mobile Suit Gundam, you have no idea what's going on.
True, but it's still better than the stuff now.

Co-Z: I'm only talking about the anime... I couldn't care less about the american made stuff they'd waste time on there since it was usually crap anyway

Matt

Quote from: Mystic Swampert on January 27, 2008, 09:37:07 PM
CN sucked as soon as they stopping airing Zoids.

Lol'z one of the best shows that was on CN.

Quote from: Co-Z on January 27, 2008, 10:06:28 PM
I lol @ teenagers who whine when their favorite kid's cartoon goes off air and criticize all the new cartoons.

Quit trying to act cool, and act like you don't watch or like the shows.

Riosan

Once DBZ, and I admit, GT, were finished, I stopped watching, really. The story was convoluted anyway.

Quote from: Co-Z on January 27, 2008, 10:06:28 PM

srsly. If it bothers you guys that much, watch subbed anime.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

major tom

Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 10:36:50 PM
Co-Z: I'm only talking about the anime... I couldn't care less about the american made stuff they'd waste time on there since it was usually crap anyway
News for you: anime = cartoons. Just because Naruto is made by a Japanese guy doesn't mean it's any different than a white man's ninja cartoon.
Quote from: ChunkeyMunkey on January 28, 2008, 02:50:55 AM
Quit trying to act cool, and act like you don't watch or like the shows.
I don't. I did when I was ten, but not anymore.

Silly_Penguin

Well, i'm not really into Naruto at all. But to me, CN's been dead since they took off Rurouni Kenshin and YuYu Hakusho. Those where some of my favorite shows before they where taken off. (Well, i partly solved that problem. bought myself all 3 seasons of RK). Well, at least there's some good anime on adult swim like FMA and Death Note.... meh, mini-rant over now.

Lotos

Quote from: Nayrman on January 27, 2008, 07:20:44 PM
(Prince of Tennis!? C'mon!).

That was a poopty plot.  I never even watched the crap.

Zovistograt

You guys just have to stop watching inferior dubs and watch some good subs online at your leisure instead.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Beatnik

Trying to watch anime on network TV is like ordering a steak at McDonalds. Even if you do get something, chances are, it's going to suck.

I won't lie, I loved Toonami when I was younger. In hindsight, pretty much every show on there had such low quality animation. Even the new stuff looks like they're producing it with 10 cells an episode. Not quite as bad as Speed Racer, but they're cutting it close.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

JMV

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah