News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Tell me what you think...

Started by ::Poledra::, January 29, 2008, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riosan

Meh. It's not bad, but you could probably buy all the parts and have someone assemble it for much cheaper.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

PsychoYoshi

Alienwares and other boutique computers are a waste of money...you can get an HP or Dell with similar specs for 250 or 500 bucks less.

Or, as Rio says, build it yourself.

Syncopathic

That just made my laptop look like crap...

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: KAOS on January 29, 2008, 02:20:34 PM
how much does it cost? ????

It says "Starting at $2099" right on the page...

::Poledra::

Starts at $2149 - or about $63 a month on financing. Yikes!  I'd rather not attempt building one myself, besides, there's a lot of extra cool features. And, no Dell's thank you very much. I have one at work & I hate it!

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: ::Poledra:: on January 29, 2008, 02:26:24 PM
Starts at $2149 - or about $63 a month on financing. Yikes!  I'd rather not attempt building one myself, besides, there's a lot of extra cool features. And, no Dell's thank you very much. I have one at work & I hate it!

...Dell owns Alienware. Do you really think it's going to be any better because it looks prettier and has a few extra 'special features' that add nothing to the computer's reliability?

Again, get the middle or high-end generic brand. If you don't like Dell, get HP. Or Toshiba. Or Gateway. Or even Apple, for god sake. OK, well, maybe Apple is pushing it...

::Poledra::

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on January 29, 2008, 02:31:04 PM

...Dell owns Alienware. Do you really think it's going to be any better because it looks prettier and has a few extra 'special features' that add nothing to the computer's reliability?

Again, get the middle or high-end generic brand. If you don't like Dell, get HP. Or Toshiba. Or Gateway. Or even Apple, for god sake. OK, well, maybe Apple is pushing it...
Dell owns Alienware because they acquired them, but they remain a wholly owned subsidiary. Dell wanted them because they are that good. And, no, I don't have to have the highest-end version, it's just got more power, otherwise the 'special features' are the same. I will probably never actually get it, but it's nice to think about :)

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: ::Poledra:: on January 29, 2008, 02:56:32 PM
Quote from: PsychoYoshi on January 29, 2008, 02:31:04 PM

Dell owns Alienware because they acquired them, but they remain a wholly owned subsidiary. Dell wanted them because they are that good. And, no, I don't have to have the highest-end version, it's just got more power, otherwise the 'special features' are the same. I will probably never actually get it, but it's nice to think about :)

'Ssalright. To each his own.

LinkXLR

Quote from: Riosan on January 29, 2008, 02:00:48 PM
Meh. It's not bad, but you could probably buy all the parts and have someone assemble it for much cheaper.
You could probably have someone assemble it for you for around only $1000. That's half of what that costs.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR