Main Menu

Xbox 360

Started by Linkmaster404, February 11, 2008, 01:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linkmaster404

Im thinkin about buying an Xbox 360. So i wannna know what makes a Pro Xbox 360 and an Elite Xbox 360 different besides color and 120 GB memory? Theres a 100$ difference between the 2.
Anyone like the guy in the my Avatar?

Here this lists all the differences between the consoles http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm?WT.svl=nav
I personally think that the Elite is the better buy because a 120 gig xbox360 hard drive by itself is $180.

Edit: Here is a pic of the info from that site
...̅̅̅

LinkXLR

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on February 11, 2008, 02:09:48 PM
Here this lists all the differences between the consoles http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm?WT.svl=nav
I personally think that the Elite is the better buy because a 120 gig xbox360 hard drive by itself is $180.

The only thing about that is, will 1 one person really use up 120 Gigabytes? That's the size of a laptop computer hard drive. I personally think that for less than 5 people, and regular xbox (not the arcade) is the best buy.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Tupin

Quote from: LinkXLR on February 11, 2008, 03:20:58 PM

The only thing about that is, will 1 one person really use up 120 Gigabytes? That's the size of a laptop computer hard drive. I personally think that for less than 5 people, and regular xbox (not the arcade) is the best buy.
Yeah, but you get an HDMI cable that's worth like $80 and a 120 GB HDD that's worth $180 for just $100 more.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

LinkXLR

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 11, 2008, 03:31:38 PM

Yeah, but you get an HDMI cable that's worth like $80 and a 120 GB HDD that's worth $180 for just $100 more.
The cable is worthless unless you've got an HD tv. Besides, a HD cable comes with the regular 360.

Tomboh

lmao 360

Upgrade your PC or get a PS3.

LinkXLR

Quote from: Tomboh on February 11, 2008, 05:08:58 PM
lmao 360

Why on earth would he waste his money on that?

He can get a blu-ray player for a much cheaper price elsewhere!

I have the Elite and I now have about 95 gigabytes left on it. So I have already used up over 20 gigs which is the size of the regular 360 hard drive. I am the only one using it. And the question really shouldn't be "will you use up 120 gigabytes?" it should be "do you think that you will use over 20 gigabytes?" Because another 20 gb hard drive is $100 and a 120 GB hard drive is $180.

120 GB will give you a lot more freedom about downloading games, game demos, videos, and other stuff. And also for putting music onto it.
...̅̅̅

LinkXLR

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on February 11, 2008, 06:26:15 PM

I have the Elite and I now have about 95 gigabytes left on it. So I have already used up over 20 gigs which is the size of the regular 360 hard drive. I am the only one using it. And the question really shouldn't be "will you use up 120 gigabytes?" it should be "do you think that you will use over 20 gigabytes?" Because another 20 gb hard drive is $100 and a 120 GB hard drive is $180.

120 GB will give you a lot more freedom about downloading games, game demos, videos, and other stuff. And also for putting music onto it.
Yes, I can understand downloading games, game demos, but music and videos? Is that not what a computer is for?

Linkmaster404

Edit: Here is a pic of the info from that site

Im going to say i agree with you thanks that made it alot easier.
Anyone like the guy in the my Avatar?

Quote from: LinkXLR on February 11, 2008, 06:36:44 PM
Yes, I can understand downloading games, game demos, but music and videos? Is that not what a computer is for?
Well I honestly don't care about downloading movies on there but the game videos, I've downloaded a few of those and I've put a few of my CDs onto it so I can listen to some of my music while playing the games.

Quote from: Linkmaster404 on February 11, 2008, 06:42:17 PM
No problem, glad I could help.
...̅̅̅

LinkXLR

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on February 11, 2008, 06:47:49 PM
Quote from: LinkXLR on February 11, 2008, 06:36:44 PM
Well I honestly don't care about downloading movies on there but the game videos, I've downloaded a few of those and I've put a few of my CDs onto it so I can listen to some of my music while playing the games. Understandable. But a few CD's should only take up around 300 megabytes. Why on Earth would it take up so much memory?....wait a minute, I just contradicted myself! D:

Quote from: Linkmaster404 on February 11, 2008, 06:42:17 PM
No problem, glad I could help.
Hope I helped a bit too. If not, your not welcome.

Llama on Steroids

No, actually thr Pro console is the best one to get. The regular 360 doesnt come with a hard drive, so you'll end up paying just as much money and for even more money for headset, etc.
But if you like to download a lot of TV shows, etc, the Elite is the way to go.

Allegretto

No red ring of death!!!! Which makes your games turn off aka overheat...might be the same for pro idk  ;)

Matt

Quote from: Tomboh on February 11, 2008, 05:08:58 PM
lmao 360

Lmao PS3.

You need a lesson, http://youtube.com/watch?v=0mK5D23fVJM

Anyways I find no difference between the Elite and Normal, Sure different color if you want, and 100 more GB of Memory, but wtf do you expect to use all that? Anyways get either one.