News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Series I Beleive should have gotten more reps (spoilers?)(dun lock k?)

Started by HTA!, February 15, 2008, 05:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

Alright so after coming to terms with the final roster... i had a few questions...

Why did Metroid and Fire Emblem get so screwed?
Its like all the other series got more reps, except for these two.
And both have had lets see... at least 2 games after Melee?

Fire Emblem should have had at the least 3 characters, seeing as
it has had 2 successful console releases.
I don't care how much "Ik3 is teh pwnzorz" Sigurd was almost assured going into this thing...

And Metroid? This one makes absolutely no sense. Corruption is out
and yet we get one measly character. Again, I could care less how Samus is the main character,
Metroid deserved another rep.

The only thing i can think of to satisfy the Metroid thing would be that Japan dislikes the Metroid series...

Thoughts?
And I know this changes nothing, and its too late, its a forum k?

Eizweir

I know, it shouldn't have been to hard to fit in a few more characters, and some of these replaced reps that should've been in.  I don't get it :|
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

CuccoGuy

Well, there isn't much of any other choice for Metroid other than Ridley. There should be more FE reps. Sothe is an assist trophy >:( And Lyn being an assist Trophy is just not right. Sigurd definitely should be in.

Joeofmars

Seriously. Mario, Zelda, and Metroid are Nintendo's biggest franchises.

Mario: 4 reps.
Zelda: 4 reps.
Metroid: 1 rep.

It doesn't fit. There could have been a lot of other characters for Metroid. The hunters from Prime DS, Dark Samus, etc. I do not think FE is underreped, though. 2 is enough for a not-as-popular game.

I think F-Zero deserved at-least 2 reps, like FE. No more, but 2 would have been good.

HTA!

Quote from: CuccoGuy on February 15, 2008, 05:19:28 PM
Well, there isn't much of any other choice for Metroid other than Ridley. There should be more FE reps. Sothe is an assist trophy >:( And Lyn being an assist Trophy is just not right. Sigurd definitely should be in.
Sothe Sucks
Lyn Sucks

Metorid had the hunters

Michael227

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 15, 2008, 05:20:42 PM
Sothe Sucks
Lyn Sucks

Metorid had the hunters
I'd still prefer ridley besides we knew him for a looong time

fredrickthethird

Sothe Sucks
Lyn Sucks

Metorid had the hunters
i agree oN metrOid. i can't say on Lyn. but sothe wAs awesome, he should of beeN playable.

DededeCloneChris

Sothe Sucks
Lyn Sucks

Metorid had the hunters
You're going to be punished soon for that from someone. :|

Nayrman

Metroid got royally screwed.
And who cares if Japan doesn't like it?! We get two Earthbound characters, when we american's hate it, so how about giving us some love every once in a while?
Sigurd should've been in as well. Exact same number of FE reps after all the attention it got from Melee? WTF is that?
F-Zero got screwed too. How does Earthbound get an extra rep when this F-Zero is far more well known overall and we can't even get one extra F-Zero rep?

Water ☮

I truly wanted a female FE rep but I lost most of my hope after lyn was confirmed as AT. sad really.

for metroid I wanted something! come on Sakurai!

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on February 15, 2008, 06:23:12 PM
And who cares if Japan doesn't like it?! We get two Earthbound characters, when we american's hate it, so how about giving us some love every once in a while?
Sigurd should've been in as well. Exact same number of FE reps after all the attention it got from Melee? WTF is that?
F-Zero got screwed too. How does Earthbound get an extra rep when this F-Zero is far more well known overall and we can't even get one extra F-Zero rep?
Because Lucas is an apology to America because Mother 3 never got in America.

HTA!

Quote from: fredrickthethird on February 15, 2008, 05:59:50 PM
Sothe Sucks
Lyn Sucks

Metorid had the hunters
i agree oN metrOid. i can't say on Lyn. but sothe wAs awesome, he should of beeN playable.
H-E-C-T-O-R

Sothe didn't deserve it

Nayrman

Quote from: wiiboychris on February 15, 2008, 06:30:52 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 15, 2008, 06:23:12 PM
Because Lucas is an apology to America because Mother 3 never got in America.
Lucas isn't an "apology". Lucas is the usual Nintendo favoritism to japan. I honestly can't remember the last time Nintendo bothered to go out of their way for America. The sole reason we got the Wii first was due to the larger number of sales for holiday season. And DON'T say Metroid Prime, since that's made by an american developer. The only NoJ input I think the game had was Miyamoto having some interest in it.

Ridley

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

DededeCloneChris