News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Series I Beleive should have gotten more reps (spoilers?)(dun lock k?)

Started by HTA!, February 15, 2008, 05:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Java_Java on February 15, 2008, 10:01:34 PM
You're complaining that Metroid and Fire Emblem got 0.5 and 0 reps respectively?

Look at Mario, they got -1 reps? :D

Mario should have also gotten another rep.
And Yoshi?

Java

Quote from: wiiboychris on February 15, 2008, 10:05:08 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on February 15, 2008, 10:01:34 PM
You're complaining that Metroid and Fire Emblem got 0.5 and 0 reps respectively?

Look at Mario, they got -1 reps? :D

Mario should have also gotten another rep.
And Yoshi?
Well Yoshi was never expected to get another rep.
It really isn't that big of a franchise.

Jono2

F-Zero, Metroid, FE & Yoshi got kinda screwed over.

Mario got some kickass stages though, so it makes up for it losing a character. :P

considering how Fire Emblem is in nintendo's top 5, there should be another character.  Yoshi could have had Boshi as an alternate skin, which would have lead to Geno (SMRPG for both of them).

but F-Zero and Metroid were really hit hard.

F-Zero should have had another representative, if only it being black shadow with ganondorf's moveset.  that would have freed up a character, and they could have given ganondorf a unique moveset that actually fits his character.

for metroid, really, Ridley is the only representative that could work, but ridley would have worked.  there's no real argument against ridley, other than "I hate the metroid series".  yeah, well, I hate the pikmin series, but you don't see me whining about olimar. -_-

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Rius

I'm over the roster size and lineup (kinda), but it's the clones that make me upset. >_>

Anyway, Mario sort of ended up with 1+ reps. All eight characters on the left side of the screen are related to Mario in some way or another, so we have Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Wario.

Pokemon has 0 rep increase since the Mewtwo was replaced with a Lucario... though if you want to be technical about it, Pokemon got 2+ reps due to Pokemon Trainer. Mewtwo should have returned anyway. Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucario.

Legend of Zelda has a 0 rep increase. Another villain or Tingle could've been added, but I think everyone would have been happier if Gannondorf and Toon Link were decloned instead. At least Gannondorf. >_> Link, Zelda, Shiek, Gannondorf*, Toon Link*.

Those are the three biggest franchises with 8, 6, and 5 representatives, respectively. Moving along...

Kirby has a 2+ increase, neither of which are clones, so Kirby won the best roster award in this game. Kirby, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe.

Metroid has a 1+ increase in Zero Suit Samus, but that depends on perception. Zero Suit isn't a clone, which is a plus, but Metroid is both important and popular enough to warrant a new character. Though I can see how Ridley would have been a lighter, faster Charizard clone. Varia Suit Samus, Zero Suit Samus.

Fire Emblem has a 0 rep increase, much to the dismay of Americans and Japanese alike. So I think the roster, while influenced by Japanese players, obviously wasn't as catered as you all make it out to be. I wanted Sigurd or Sothe in though... Ike, Marth.

Star Fox has a 1+ rep increase, but I'm really starting to hate this game's Smash influence. I mean, if Star Fox is the series that is destined to have clones, then gosh darnit make it the only series to have clones. Anyway, Star Fox has enough reps, but they should have been decloned more. Fox, Falco*, Wolf*.

Mother has 1+ rep increase, but see Star Fox argument. Ness, Lucas*.

Retro has a 2+ increase, neither of which are clones, so I am pleased. Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Pit, R.O.B.

Unique is what I call the all new roster, composed of characters who probably aren't meant to have new characters. If you don't fit elsewhere, you go here. :P F-Zero probably should have had a new rep since Captain Falcon is of the original 12, but meh... Sakurai promised us another 3rd party, but he also promised us there would be no clones. >_> Animal Crosser should have been playable, but I guess it was easier to give an old junk toy a moveset than a kid with an axe and slingshot. Captain Falcon, Pikmin and Olimar, Snake, Sonic.

Jono2

Sakurai promised us another 3rd party, but he also promised us there would be no clones. >_>

he never promised either of those.  he just promised "more characters than you can imagine".

Nayrman

Quote from: Jono2 on February 16, 2008, 09:34:15 AM
Sakurai promised us another 3rd party, but he also promised us there would be no clones. >_>

he never promised either of those.  he just promised "more characters than you can imagine".
Aactually, he did promise no clones sonce they were due to a lack of development time.

Rius

Actually, no clones was in Sakurai's journal, and, though I can't remember where this was from, Sakurai stated there would be 2 - 3 third parties, excluding Snake. If that one was mistranslated from including to excluding, then sure. However, in a December Famitsu interview, Sakurai stated more third parties were being added. Unless those third parties were those moronoes running in the background, he lies again.

amplas

Do I get points for saying that Hector should have been in? If so then WOOOO! But, in all seriousosity, I would have liked for Hector to be in.

Java

Quote from: NINNIN6 on February 16, 2008, 11:45:23 AM

Actually, no clones was in Sakurai's journal, and, though I can't remember where this was from, Sakurai stated there would be 2 - 3 third parties, excluding Snake. If that one was mistranslated from including to excluding, then sure. However, in a December Famitsu interview, Sakurai stated more third parties were being added. Unless those third parties were those moronoes running in the background, he lies again.
I thought that he said after Snake there would be 1-2 third parties added.

And one more was Sonic.

Rius

Quote from: Java_Java on February 16, 2008, 12:15:23 PM
Quote from: NINNIN6 on February 16, 2008, 11:45:23 AM

I thought that he said after Snake there would be 1-2 third parties added.

And one more was Sonic.
That's why I included the possibility of mistranslation, because I heard the opposite. I am sure of the December interview though.

ssbmfan5

Quote from: Joeofmars on February 15, 2008, 05:20:09 PM
Seriously. Mario, Zelda, and Metroid are Nintendo's biggest franchises.

Mario: 4 reps.
Zelda: 4 reps.
Metroid: 1 rep.

It doesn't fit. There could have been a lot of other characters for Metroid. The hunters from Prime DS, Dark Samus, etc. I do not think FE is underreped, though. 2 is enough for a not-as-popular game.

I think F-Zero deserved at-least 2 reps, like FE. No more, but 2 would have been good.
no, actually it's mario, pokemon, zelda, in that order.  Metroid is fourth.
My sig is gone cause it had spoilers:(

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on February 15, 2008, 08:02:43 PM
Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 15, 2008, 07:59:56 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 15, 2008, 07:51:06 PM
Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 15, 2008, 07:47:17 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 15, 2008, 07:41:59 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 15, 2008, 07:38:42 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 15, 2008, 07:36:11 PM
Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 15, 2008, 07:34:33 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 15, 2008, 07:24:22 PM
Quote from: Apollo on February 15, 2008, 07:22:31 PM
metroid doesnt have many other characters to offer
fire emblem has plenty i promise ;)
sonic strongly needed another character
along with several series that were completely left out
Golden Sun, Chibi Robo, Custom Robo,
Tails, Knux, Shadow, hell, even Eggman would be acceptable
Sigurd, Lyn, Hector
Metroid: Any of the hunters, Rundus, Dark samus, hell, even reformatiing Ridley is POSSIBLE, albeit a stretch though
Guh, so many possible great characters, only to get stuck with another Link clone and ROB X_X;;
Eggman?  Are you kidding me?  If we needed crappy villians I would've voted for Spooky or Swiper the Fox. 
He could ride his mech or something.
Still better than ROB....
hell, TINGLE would've been better than ROB...
Seriously, why do we need sh*ty arse peripherals that suck in the game!?
ROB has a HUGE part in Subspace.
as do koopa's in Mario...so should they be in?
Has anyone even PLAYED with a ROB before!? They are the wosrt pieces of junk ever. I'm surprised they not as hated as the Virtual Boy was!
ROB is my eternal punching bag now....
You'll learn to like him.  You're only mad at ROB because you think he's a waste of space.  It's not his fault that the roster was limited to 35.
He is a waste of space! Other than being a crappy peripheral what else has he done!?
I can name fifteen better choices right off the top of my head right now!
Sigurd, Lyn, Isaac, Chibi Robo, Ray MK1, Tom Nook, Tails, Megaman, Bomberman, Black Shadow, Poo, Samurai Goroh, Mewtwo, Takemaru, Krystal
I don't know who the hell Takamaru and Isaac are but the ones I crossed out are the crappy ones.  It's funny how two of them are part of stage background.  We have enough third parties anyway.  Why do you hate a character you haven't played as anyway?  I really hoped you were joking.  If those crossed out characters made it in then Brawl would be ruined.  Playing a wuss like Tails or Nook in the SSE is something I just couldn't handle.  
It's not the playability I hate, its the fact that he's even a character. and how the Hell is Bomberman and Chibi Robo bad!? They'd be great to play as!
I like Bowser is in, even though he's one of hte worst characters.
well i love that fact that toon link is a character
i wish they wouldve decloned him but...
as for sonic, hes almost as big as mario
and mario has so many reps

Java

Quote from: ssbmfan5 on February 16, 2008, 07:48:26 PM

It doesn't fit. There could have been a lot of other characters for Metroid. The hunters from Prime DS, Dark Samus, etc. I do not think FE is underreped, though. 2 is enough for a not-as-popular game.

I think F-Zero deserved at-least 2 reps, like FE. No more, but 2 would have been good.
no, actually it's mario, pokemon, zelda, in that order.  Metroid is fourth.
You are correct.

Macawmoses

Didnt read whole thread, but wrong.

Mario is 1st.
Pokemon 2nd.
LoZ 3rd.

5th or 6th is Metroid.

Jono2

mario
pokemon
legend of zelda
DK
fire emblem
kirby
metroid
et cetera
star fox
f-zero

I think that's how it worked at last report.