News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Official NSF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament Thread (Tourney 4 brackets up)

Started by King_Gamer28, February 18, 2008, 06:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Gamer28

Skye, I'm willing to give you the win, but I don't know what happened behind closed doors. Did Smashin ever make a conscious effort to show up here or even attempt to get a match done? If not, you can just have the win since he didn't show up, obviously, but if he was trying, too, then that's why I wouldn't just award you the win. From what I see here, though, he wasn't trying too hard. Again, this is all I see, though.

Geno

So wait, I'm fighting Wiiboychris? Why am I not fighting Skye?  ????

Allegretto

Quote from: Geno on March 19, 2008, 08:52:55 PM
This is Brain racking  ????

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Leobreaker36

screw tourney 2. I hate smash balls. I'll have to try to sign up for tourney 3 when its up.

RoarOfAges[

Geno

Ridley

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Eizweir

Man I can tell I am missing out, I missed tourney 1 because I didn't get Brawl on release, and right now I am on vacation and my Wii isn't connected to the internet here, I am going to be driving tomorrow and saturday, so I don't know if I'l make it...

Eh, sign me up I guess, I'll pull out if I need to.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Skye8600

Quote from: King_Gamer28 on March 19, 2008, 08:47:44 PM
Skye, I'm willing to give you the win, but I don't know what happened behind closed doors. Did Smashin ever make a conscious effort to show up here or even attempt to get a match done? If not, you can just have the win since he didn't show up, obviously, but if he was trying, too, then that's why I wouldn't just award you the win. From what I see here, though, he wasn't trying too hard. Again, this is all I see, though.

he did contact me the day of the tournament beginning, but i could not play due to serious lag issues. I did say we could play the next day, and then i waited and he never showed any other day

King_Gamer28

Quote from: Geno on March 19, 2008, 08:52:55 PM
Lame reason: It would have been fair to have just ignored that match, since they never got it done.

Real reason: I don't want to let Skye go through now and then have an poop hole in a few months make the same argument when the other guy really did try to play, but they couldn't get a match together. I think it would be better (and a hell of a lot more fair) to advance Skye. I don't want this to be used as a placeholder for future events, though - it needs to be on a case-by-case basis.

Alright, I think I'm going to go make that a rule, now. That being that all "we didn't get our match played" issues will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

It looks stupid now, sure, but I'm going to edit the bracket and put Skye in where he belongs - playing against Geno in the next round. Please see the first page for this update. Thanks. 

Depster

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Geno

Alright Skye, I'll fight you tonight.

Also, sign me up for Tourney 3.

Java

I'd like to sign up for Tournament 2.

I know I'll get my butt kicked, but hopefully it'll be fun.  :D