News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

XPS or Alienware???

Started by Speedanimal, February 22, 2008, 08:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedanimal

Been looking at some computers but i'm not sure which is better...any reviews on both that might be helpful do any of you have one and are happy with it?
I am a Dragonite!"</a>

Riosan

Alienware has the most overrated computers. It would be cheaper just to build your own.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Zovistograt

With Alienware, you're paying more for the name, the pretty case, and the superfluous stuff.  I'd say an XPS would be the better deal, unless you really wants an Alienware for some reason.

I must say though, Alienwares do look nice :P
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

ME86

I think the XPS 700 series is rather attractive... Hmmm.

Friendly Hostile

Build your own.  Alienware is overpriced as poop and Dell's are pieces of poop.

Silverhawk79

XPS would be slightly cheaper, but...like everyone else is saying, it'd be cheaper to build your own souped-up computer and then get a purdy case for it.

major tom

Dell sucks, and Alienware is too expensive and overrated. Get something like an HP and pimp it out.

Oh, and one question. What are you gonna use it for? I'd only get a pimped out mega-computer if you're gonna do stuff like gaming.

(And I mean like, games that are totally hXc. I'm running WoW on a laptop with 1GB RAM and it's fine, anything that takes more to run that WoW might suck for me.)

Genius

Either choice would be stupid.

If you're gonna buy a gaming PC, build it yourself.  It's the only way to go.  If that's not an option, buy from a place like CyberPowerPC. 

Riosan

Quote from: Co-Z on February 22, 2008, 10:13:29 PM
(And I mean like, games that are totally hXc. I'm running WoW on a laptop with 1GB RAM and it's fine, anything that takes more to run that WoW might suck for me.)

There's always the option to lower your resolution and run it in a window. I think you can do that with WoW.

Unfortunately, it's the way I play the Orange Box engine games. My graphics card is integrated and way out of date, and I don't even have 1GB of RAM.

Kayo

i'd not listen to Genius and get XPS. it would be cheaper...
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Riosan

Quote from: KAOS on February 23, 2008, 08:12:18 AM

You can build yourself a PC that can run Crysis fairly well for 600-800 dollars. The first result on Dell.com for "xps" starts at 1000 dollars.

Don't let your bias for Genius cloud your judgment.

Kayo

Quote from: Riosan on February 23, 2008, 08:17:38 AM
Quote from: KAOS on February 23, 2008, 08:12:18 AM

You can build yourself a PC that can run Crysis fairly well for 600-800 dollars. The first result on Dell.com for "xps" starts at 1000 dollars.

Don't let your bias for Genius cloud your judgment.
no, not just that
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]