News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

For the love of god.

Started by Triforceman22, February 23, 2008, 08:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on February 23, 2008, 10:53:15 PM
Uh...triforce, the laziness is true tho....
still clones, something Sakurai didn't want in thefirst place. And he can't complain about development time now, since he got well over twice as much time as Melee, characcter models HANDED to him (thus, no work), delayed twice when overall probably nothing was done, etc.
The laziness is there, but other than cahracters not much to really complain about

I do agree with you there.
but still, be grateful for what you have.

5 clones added to the roster is better than having just 30 original characters... am I right?
I say more replay value = better.

and the clones are more like Luigi's.
Semi-clones. ;)

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

tibar7

Quote from: Triforceman22 on February 23, 2008, 10:49:47 PM
mkay.

You guys need to stop b*tching about all the tiny flaws this game has.
The reason online is...sub-par, is so it could fit in 1 disc.

there are 630 trophies I believe, and probably more stickers..
The stages i'm okay with.

Who cares if stage builder doesn't have that much customization, be happy you even got it in the first place.

The roster.
I don't hate clones...(coughcoughRoy) but you are right, some characters could have been decloned easily.
hey, at least it's better than melee's 25 characters... (Even though Roy isn't in...)
also more reps like Ridley, and such should have been in...
but then again, who else would have made a great metroid boss in SSE?

ah, SSE.
Who cares if it's 4-6 hours long.
It's better than the melee adventure mode....
doing the same crap over and over again, but only with a diffrent character.

and it has Co-op! so you can have an even more fun time with your friends.
and the cutscenes look like it was made for the bloody 360! (Especially the galactic battle one)

the reason there are only 2 third party reps, is because no other company asked for thier character to be in.

the music is godly. I mean, 300 songs? Please Don't b*tch about it.

Overall: your all being a little childish about it.
Sakurai and his team have been working for years on this and when it's finally out, you start bashing it.
would you like it if someone called your work crappy and called you lazy?

I didn't think so.

exactly. toon link is the only complete clone. falco, ganondorf, etc. are absolutely semi clones since they got a few new moves. my point is ur making the game seem worse than it is for no reason. this game will be as close to perfect you'll ever see for the Wii. *sigh* i just love argueing.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Jono2

Quote from: tibar7 on February 23, 2008, 10:43:35 PM
roster:
highly requested:
wario, lucario, olimar, wolf, toon link, lucas.

don't diss falco, he got some new moves if u bothered to look closely at him on the dojo.
ganondorf is a great character. he also has some new moves.
ROB= the WTF character of brawl. like Mr. G & W in melee. It's a tradition to have a WTF character.
the ice climbers are important
Samus really is the only main character in metroid. not really ridley.
Fire emblem got Ike. although i wish roy and lyn made it.
third parties is not what the game is about. it's about nintendo characters.
just cuz they didn't return any ancient stages and made one past stage a little smaller doesn't mean that it ruined stages. stage builder is just awesome! u wouldn't believe what kind of stages u can make with it. i saw a labrinth thing on youtube.

co-op is a nice thing they did to make the experience better for two siblings wanting to play at the same time to unlock characters.

trophies are so fun to collect. they help you understand the history of nintendo. stickers looks like a fun little feature.

to import CD's would take away the point of making music for the game at all.

classic and all-star will be fun little things to do when u get bored of the SSE (that'll take a while)

it'll outsell halo3. trust me. and if you think they have been horrible at making the game then why don't you help them instead of sitting at your computer complaing about everything in the game.

also highly requested:  Ridley, Geno, Krystal.  Assumed to get in:  Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, both likable characters, both got the shaft.  Geno's abscence, considering how high it was on the "list", is also evidence of them being lazy.

He doesn't have new moves, he has different moves.  not the same thing.

Ganondorf has perhaps one new move aside from his FS, which doesn't count.  his moves look different, but they're largely the same.

Yes, it's a tradition to have a WTF character, but ROB was not the choice to make.  Rygar would have been that choice.  I don't feel like going into why I feel like ROB was such a bad choice here.  some other time.

The Ice climbers are important, yes.  I liked their character.  which is why I'm wondering why you can't do the nana-popo  -> popo-nana swap anymore.  laziness.

Ridley is a recurring boss, and as evidenced by Melee, would have easily, easily worked.

Fire Emblem also lost a character (even though he was a crappy one that was worthless because he was just a crapy version of Marth).  I'm not a FE fan, so I can't really comment on it, but Fire Emblem was one of the big names that got shafted horribly.

If third parties is not what the game is about, why did they put them in in the first place?  If third parties did not matter, Kojima's begging to put snake into melee shouldn't have mattered, because sakurai would have rejected the idea.

I know that stage builder is awesome, I'm just saying they could have done so much more with the effort they had already put in.  They made an incredible game, it's just that they could have gone the extra mile to make it spectacular.  I'm sorry to say this, but it's true.  THPS3 had a better map editor.

they didn't make the past stage a little smaller.  they made the characters really big.  The stage selection is great, and that's one of the great points about the game.  Thing is though, I loved the original kirby island to death.  easily my favorite level of all time.  *cries*

Trophies are fun to collect, yes, but wouldn't it be more fun to have another character or stage?  maybe a new gameplay mode, a few assist trophies, pokemon, maybe some more bug testing instead?

no, importing CDs would not take away the point.  the game would still have great music.  there's no reason for them to not have included the feature.

They didn't do a horrible job at making the game.  That's not what I'm trying to say.  I'm trying to say that since they went through all of the work to make the game as great as it is, why not go the extra mile and make it spectacular?  There are plenty of glitches that make no sense that they could have bug-tested out.  They could have added in more pieces in the stage builder or... or finished the characters that they had started.  They could have made a ranked online system, and if they really had problems with that, they could have it run behind the scenes, so that you would always be playing people equal to you.

I just don't see why they would put so much effort into making a great game, but then not put in the little effort that is required to make it one of the best games ever.

Maybe it'll outsell halo 3, but not in the sense people are thinking.  It'll outsell in the years to come, but certainly not within the next two.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on February 23, 2008, 10:56:42 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 23, 2008, 10:53:15 PM
Uh...triforce, the laziness is true tho....
still clones, something Sakurai didn't want in thefirst place. And he can't complain about development time now, since he got well over twice as much time as Melee, characcter models HANDED to him (thus, no work), delayed twice when overall probably nothing was done, etc.
The laziness is there, but other than cahracters not much to really complain about

I do agree with you there.
but still, be grateful for what you have.

5 clones added to the roster is better than having just 30 original characters... am I right?
I say more replay value = better.

and the clones are more like Luigi's.
Semi-clones. ;)
Um...the only clone that makes any sense tho is Luigi...since he's supposed to be similar to Mario.
Toon Link = give him some freakin WW items please...
Falco and Wolf = they aren't fox...quite making them like fox...it's kind of annoying
Ganondorf = ultimate showing of laziness. Jeezus he has a sword and magic in the games, yet you choose to copy him off of....Falcon? Ultimate WTF move ever. seriously, he's not a futuristic racer, so don't make him act like one. And jeezus christ GIVE HIM HIS SWORD!!!

Triforceman22

hmm...
at least his sword is one of his taunts....XD
i'm just saying, stop bickering and be happy with what you got.
(God, I sound like a parent...)

Triforceman22

wow, it's been dead for quite along time...

Dei Enyt

Quote from: Joeofmars on February 23, 2008, 08:53:27 PM
Anybody not expecting a Wii Would Like To Play commercial, is a jackass.

This.  The only time they're not gonna do a Wii Would Like To Play is when they move on to the next console.

Unfortunately, nobody here seems to realize that. :|

.:DL:.

Aw great, again with the "Wii would like to play" commercial?  Hasn't Nintendo realized that it's starting to get lame now? 

Heck, it was lame with the first commercial, why continue?  ::)

Tupin

Quote from: darklink140 on February 24, 2008, 12:14:19 PM
Aw great, again with the "Wii would like to play" commercial?  Hasn't Nintendo realized that it's starting to get lame now? 

Heck, it was lame with the first commercial, why continue?  ::)
Because it's relatively easy to make.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Jono2

they'd better have a different mario kart commercial.  the one for Double Dash was so awesome...

tibar7

Quote from: Jono2 on February 23, 2008, 10:58:18 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 23, 2008, 10:43:35 PM
roster:
highly requested:
wario, lucario, olimar, wolf, toon link, lucas.

don't diss falco, he got some new moves if u bothered to look closely at him on the dojo.
ganondorf is a great character. he also has some new moves.
ROB= the WTF character of brawl. like Mr. G & W in melee. It's a tradition to have a WTF character.
the ice climbers are important
Samus really is the only main character in metroid. not really ridley.
Fire emblem got Ike. although i wish roy and lyn made it.
third parties is not what the game is about. it's about nintendo characters.
just cuz they didn't return any ancient stages and made one past stage a little smaller doesn't mean that it ruined stages. stage builder is just awesome! u wouldn't believe what kind of stages u can make with it. i saw a labrinth thing on youtube.

co-op is a nice thing they did to make the experience better for two siblings wanting to play at the same time to unlock characters.

trophies are so fun to collect. they help you understand the history of nintendo. stickers looks like a fun little feature.

to import CD's would take away the point of making music for the game at all.

classic and all-star will be fun little things to do when u get bored of the SSE (that'll take a while)

it'll outsell halo3. trust me. and if you think they have been horrible at making the game then why don't you help them instead of sitting at your computer complaing about everything in the game.

also highly requested:  Ridley, Geno, Krystal.  Assumed to get in:  Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, both likable characters, both got the shaft.  Geno's abscence, considering how high it was on the "list", is also evidence of them being lazy.

He doesn't have new moves, he has different moves.  not the same thing.

Ganondorf has perhaps one new move aside from his FS, which doesn't count.  his moves look different, but they're largely the same.

Yes, it's a tradition to have a WTF character, but ROB was not the choice to make.  Rygar would have been that choice.  I don't feel like going into why I feel like ROB was such a bad choice here.  some other time.

The Ice climbers are important, yes.  I liked their character.  which is why I'm wondering why you can't do the nana-popo  -> popo-nana swap anymore.  laziness.

Ridley is a recurring boss, and as evidenced by Melee, would have easily, easily worked.

Fire Emblem also lost a character (even though he was a crappy one that was worthless because he was just a crapy version of Marth).  I'm not a FE fan, so I can't really comment on it, but Fire Emblem was one of the big names that got shafted horribly.

If third parties is not what the game is about, why did they put them in in the first place?  If third parties did not matter, Kojima's begging to put snake into melee shouldn't have mattered, because sakurai would have rejected the idea.

I know that stage builder is awesome, I'm just saying they could have done so much more with the effort they had already put in.  They made an incredible game, it's just that they could have gone the extra mile to make it spectacular.  I'm sorry to say this, but it's true.  THPS3 had a better map editor.

they didn't make the past stage a little smaller.  they made the characters really big.  The stage selection is great, and that's one of the great points about the game.  Thing is though, I loved the original kirby island to death.  easily my favorite level of all time.  *cries*

Trophies are fun to collect, yes, but wouldn't it be more fun to have another character or stage?  maybe a new gameplay mode, a few assist trophies, pokemon, maybe some more bug testing instead?

no, importing CDs would not take away the point.  the game would still have great music.  there's no reason for them to not have included the feature.

They didn't do a horrible job at making the game.  That's not what I'm trying to say.  I'm trying to say that since they went through all of the work to make the game as great as it is, why not go the extra mile and make it spectacular?  There are plenty of glitches that make no sense that they could have bug-tested out.  They could have added in more pieces in the stage builder or... or finished the characters that they had started.  They could have made a ranked online system, and if they really had problems with that, they could have it run behind the scenes, so that you would always be playing people equal to you.

I just don't see why they would put so much effort into making a great game, but then not put in the little effort that is required to make it one of the best games ever.

Maybe it'll outsell halo 3, but not in the sense people are thinking.  It'll outsell in the years to come, but certainly not within the next two.
ridley and krystal are only 2 of the very few characters tahat deserved to be in that didn't make it. they tried to get Geno but the people who owned Geno were being stupid.

ganondorf sould be classified as a semi clone since he has more different moves than u think.

Geno was going to be the WTF character, but since they couldn't get him in they did ROB instead.

not being able to do the nana-popo swich isn't the end of the world.

melee was the very first time ridley was in a 3D game. Sakurai graphiced him his own way. in Metroid Prime Corruption Ridley is 5 times bigger than Samus. Ridley would have made a good playable, but he is truly meant to be a boss. Yes Bowser is a boss too, but he is not nearly as detailed as Ridley.

yes, FE lost a character, but they also got a replacement, so no, they id not really get the shaft

nintendo characters is what the game is about. that's why Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, and Link are on the cover. Sakurai didn't put more than 2 third parties in cuz he didn't want to upset the people opposed to third parties that bad.

since stage builder is probably the reason for the first delay, it was obviously extremely hard to make.  they didn't make as much as you expected but they perfected what they did do which is where it counts.

the stages are  perfect. there's a great selection and you can even creat your own stage if you don't like any of them.

yes charcter or stages would have been better, but they take a while to make, and there's enough of stages already. characters are such a hassle since they need to get permission from the peole that own their rights. we're even lucky we got as much characters as we did.

the music is incredible. u can even unlock music too by collecting CD's.

the game already is spectacular. no matter how good a game can be there is always going to be critic saying it should be better.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Jono2

Quote from: tibar7 on February 24, 2008, 01:05:23 PMridley and krystal are only 2 of the very few characters tahat deserved to be in that didn't make it. they tried to get Geno but the people who owned Geno were being stupid.

ganondorf sould be classified as a semi clone since he has more different moves than u think.

Geno was going to be the WTF character, but since they couldn't get him in they did ROB instead.

not being able to do the nana-popo swich isn't the end of the world.

melee was the very first time ridley was in a 3D game. Sakurai graphiced him his own way. in Metroid Prime Corruption Ridley is 5 times bigger than Samus. Ridley would have made a good playable, but he is truly meant to be a boss. Yes Bowser is a boss too, but he is not nearly as detailed as Ridley.

yes, FE lost a character, but they also got a replacement, so no, they id not really get the shaft

nintendo characters is what the game is about. that's why Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, and Link are on the cover. Sakurai didn't put more than 2 third parties in cuz he didn't want to upset the people opposed to third parties that bad.

since stage builder is probably the reason for the first delay, it was obviously extremely hard to make.  they didn't make as much as you expected but they perfected what they did do which is where it counts.

the stages are  perfect. there's a great selection and you can even creat your own stage if you don't like any of them.

yes charcter or stages would have been better, but they take a while to make, and there's enough of stages already. characters are such a hassle since they need to get permission from the peole that own their rights. we're even lucky we got as much characters as we did.

the music is incredible. u can even unlock music too by collecting CD's.

the game already is spectacular. no matter how good a game can be there is always going to be critic saying it should be better.

Krystal would have been an infinitely better choice than both Falco and wolf, and everyone knows it.  Metroid deserved another rep by this point, and didn't get one.

Tell me his different moves then.  just because they look different doesn't mean they don't do the same thing.  His special moves are the same with the exception of side B, and it still keeps it's old animation until the end.

I never said the nana-popo switch was the end of the world.  I said that's something they could have improved on.

No.

Metroid Prime was supposed to come out for the N64.  It took far too long, so it didn't.  Ridley had 3d proportions and sizes from Metroid Prime before the gamecube was even out.

He could have been both.  just like bowser.

FE got the shaft more than any other series except for Mario (-1 reps), but that was made up by the stages & other stuff that mario got.

the amount of people he would have gained by adding another third party would have far outweighed the amount of people disliking it for having third parties.

they did perfect what they did do, but it wouldn't have been that hard to add backgrounds... even to be able to import simple backgrounds.  you could do that on Animal Crossing (a different concept, but generally the same).

I didn't say the stages were bad.  I said that the stages were great.

wouldn't you rather have 400 less trophies and mewtwo in instead?  They have all the rights to Mewtwo.  I'm not a huge fan, but they had certainly already started on him, as they did with the rest of the "forbidden 7".

wasn't saying the music was bad.

and I'm one of those critics.  there are small things here and there that they could have done to make it incredible, but they chose not to in order to release the game earlier.  It looks rushed.  I'll be enjoying it for years to come regardless, but the fact remains that it looks rushed.

Java

Quote from: Jono2 on February 24, 2008, 01:17:08 PM
FE got the shaft more than any other series except for Mario (-1 reps), but that was made up by the stages & other stuff that mario got.
I believe F-Zero was also largely ignored.

At least, FE got a whole new character (despite replacing one)

tollhouse2006

I'm sorry Jono2, but you really deserve to be slapped for saying all that.  I wish I got to this topic sooner.  So here it goes!!!  This is for all of you complainers out there.  

Olimar:  He got in because Pikmin was popular.  Japan doesn't care that you hate the games.

Toon Link got in because of the success of WW and PHG.  He's Link so they are bound to be both clones.  They have different speeds and their attacks cause different damage.

Falco and Wolf: Saying the Starfox series sucks in sales you are wrong.  Starfox Assault is one of gamecube's best sellers.  I didn't get that best seller tag for nothing.  The franchise is popular and that's why it deserved 3 reps. If you haven't played Starfox it's not your position to say that Krystal deserves to be in more than these two.  They're both from the first Starfox.  Falco is the ace pilot from the team.  Wolf is Fox's rival and Krystal is a newcomer of the team that showed up a few years ago.  Falco is more important than Krystal.  That's fact.  So he must be the 2nd rep.  Wolf is the antagonist so he should be in plus he's Fox's rival.  Krystal on the other hand was major in a couple of games, not so much in Assault be if there were to be 4 reps she's be in.  Now, let's get this straight.  Fox and Falco are on the same team.  Noticed I made that text bold and italic?  They are on the same team so they use the same weapons!!  Including Landmasters!!!  In Brawl, Falco uses his weapons differently than Fox does.  His gun is different, he uses his reflector differently and his side smash is different.  Clone is defined as an exact copy of somebody or something else.  Is Falco a clone now?

Fire Emblem is not as popular enough as Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon to have more than two reps.  Deal with it!  

Metroid reps: Ridley never had a 3d appearence before Melee so that melee movie never gave him chances.  Face it he's more boss material.  You only need Samus for Brawl.  Nobody else deserves to be in.

Stage Builder:  Wow, you get to make stages and send them to Nintendo?!!!  Cool!!!  And you're complaining that there's few unlockables?  Big deal.  

Third-parties:  The naked hedgehog got in so everybody should be happy.  Sonic's the only one who really deserved to be in.   Having to much of these outsiders would take to much of the nintendo element to the game.  

Ganondorf:  Okay, I agree it's stupid that he's cloned from Falcon but he's different now.  His moves look different.  Ones fast and the other's slow.  We got plenty of swordsman anyway.

ROB:  You might like him.  Just because you didn't want him in you're gonna wine about it?

Music:  You think Sakurai would let you put your music in the game after he put so much work into it already?  There are over 200 songs on there to choose from.  

F-Zero lacking reps:  It only needs one.  Not popular enough.

The game wasn't rushed!!!  We got two delays, remember?!!  If you have Brawl right now and you play it for an hour and then play melee for an hour what are you gonna think?  If you're human you'll think melee's a piece of crap compared to Brawl.  Melee is btw the best selling game for the gamecube.  

So in conclusion Sakurai put so much time into making this game.  He did a great job with the roster.  He took out the pointless characters like Pichu and Doc.  Now we have over 20 characters with their own moveset unlike in melee.   All the franchises have an appropriate amount of reps.  I think you guys expected to much of a game you haven't played yet.  If you're a real Smash fan you should be counting down the days left and talking about the stuff you like about it.  
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

CrazyGamer

Nintendo makes mistakes when they reach the "Win" area.
Mistakes like the Virtual Boy.
Although the commercials are much better that the VB...
Your computer is unable to compute me.