News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Brawls lone flaw. Possible spoilers.

Started by Ares300, March 11, 2008, 08:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ares300

SSBB is probably the best Wii game out so far. This game is what the Wii was meant for, yet, it contains a crucial flaw that may not affect you, but it means a lot to me.

Simplicity of unlocking characters through SSE.

I am actually insulted my this pathetic flaw. In both the Original and Melee, unlocking characters required hard work and patience. Now, because of SSE, I already unlocked the entire roster minus *spoiler*, *spoiler*, and *spoiler*. I didnt even have to fight them to earn them which is just stupid. I hate how Nintendo is making their games simpiler (take Twilight Princess for example).

While it may not be THAT big of a difference, it spells DOOM for all us hardcore gamers who like a challenge.

Apollo

yeah i wish you couldnt unlock them by sse

Jono2

if you want hardcore games, you picked the wrong console, bud.

I'm annoyed that it got to this point too, but even metroid is a wimpy franchise at this point. :|

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Geno

Quote from: Jono2 on March 11, 2008, 08:46:40 PM

I'm annoyed that it got to this point too, but even metroid is a wimpy franchise at this point. :|
Seriously. Nintendo is done with hardcore gamers after Smash Bros. Brawl.

NEXT SUMMER WE'LL BE GETTING WII LOVE! A DATING SIM WHERE YOU USE THE WII MOTE AS YOUR PENIS! :|

reefer

Jesus you guys complain at everything.

You're right about TP but who cares? I want my characters unlocked the day I get it so I can have people over to play with.

Macawmoses

The con: You don't fight them....that annoys me
The plus: I had to play it go get some things (like Boss Rush mode so I could get a demo), so, why not get characters ASAP?

Geno

Quote from: mackormoses on March 11, 2008, 10:06:52 PM
The con: You don't fight them....that annoys me
The plus: I had to play it go get some things (like Boss Rush mode so I could get a demo), so, why not get characters ASAP?
I completed SSE before I did anything so that's how I unlocked my characters.  8)

Mystic

You're blaming Nintendo because YOU took the easy route instead of working for the characters?

WiinolikePS3

It's not like the alternate methods are hard anywa- *Facepalms* OH MY GOD. I FORGOT TO [spoiler]Beat Classic mode with Link to get Toon link[/spoiler]  :|

I can't do it until tomorrow now.  :-\

Jono2

Quote from: Geno on March 11, 2008, 08:59:10 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on March 11, 2008, 08:46:40 PM

Seriously. Nintendo is done with hardcore gamers after Smash Bros. Brawl.

NEXT SUMMER WE'LL BE GETTING WII LOVE! A DATING SIM WHERE YOU USE THE WII MOTE AS YOUR PENIS! :|

lolwut

nintendo was done with hardcore games around the time of Metroid Prime 2 (yes, i know it was retro that made MP2)  Basically everything since then has been catering to a non-gamer crowd, even MP3.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Tupin

Casual games aren't bad, shovelware that lasts 2 minutes are.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Java

That's why you DON'T play SSE the first time you get the game.

I'm proud to say that I haven't started to play SSE yet and I've unlocked every single one of my characters the other ways.

That's 8 Characters that I've unlocked
[spoiler]Ness, Marth, Luigi, Falco, Captain Falcon, Snake, Lucario and Ganondorf.[/spoiler]

There might be 3 or 4 characters that I actually play SSE to unlock.

WiinolikePS3

I'm only playing SSE up until I'm about to unlock some characters.

Since I already have the characters up to [spoiler]Lucario[/spoiler], I don't really have to worry for a bit. I'm about 27% through.

Tupin

I'm getting sick of SSE.

I will just do several Special Brawls with one hit KOs.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.