News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Better or worse than you expected?

Started by tibar7, March 12, 2008, 03:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oren

Quote from: Phaze on March 16, 2008, 06:09:54 PM
Well... Not better or worse. It is just what I was expecting. My only complaint is the SSE. Too repetitive.
i don't know why people say that they don't like SSE! it was one of the best parts of this game!

tibar7

Quote from: Oren on March 16, 2008, 06:12:38 PM
Well... Not better or worse. It is just what I was expecting. My only complaint is the SSE. Too repetitive.
i don't know why people say that they don't like SSE! it was one of the best parts of this game!
while the sub space is awesome i enjoy the multiplayer stock matches with siblings and friends the most.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Allegretto

I enjoyed it until the maze  >:(

tibar7

Quote from: Allegretto on March 16, 2008, 07:59:55 PM
I enjoyed it until the maze  >:(
i'm still stuck on the maze. i unlocked the whole roster by playing vs. matches.

ThePowerOfOne

I never said I didn't like it, I found it quite enjoyable. I just didn't like how all the levels were pretty much the same. You just run through the level, stoping to fight the annoying enemies that randomly pop up, and enter to the next level. It just could have been so much better.

Dawei

Quote from: tibar7 on March 15, 2008, 10:01:36 AM
Quote from: Dawei on March 12, 2008, 03:33:58 PM
Much, much worse than expected.

In all honesty, I like Melee more.
well, enjoy playing melee then. the fact that there's more to unlock in this game alone makes it better than melee. the only things i'm dissapointed with is the slight shortage of playables, the occasional triping, and the selection of characters/things for assist trophies. i'm pretty sure this game is as close to perfect the Wii will see (Nintendo will probably make their new console within the next ten years).
Oh, yeah. More unlockables instantly makes the game better. Thanks for pointing that out.

When it comes down to it, unlockables don't mean poop. So what if there are more unlockable stages? Most of them are crappy ones. The only thing that Brawl decently improves on is the characters. Put the characters in a melee play style (same physics engine and stuff like that), and I would orgasm. Melee is so much more deep than Brawl. Melee is a fighting game. Brawl is a party game.

StateAardvark

tibar7

Quote from: Dawei on March 17, 2008, 07:12:08 AM

well, enjoy playing melee then. the fact that there's more to unlock in this game alone makes it better than melee. the only things i'm dissapointed with is the slight shortage of playables, the occasional triping, and the selection of characters/things for assist trophies. i'm pretty sure this game is as close to perfect the Wii will see (Nintendo will probably make their new console within the next ten years).
Oh, yeah. More unlockables instantly makes the game better. Thanks for pointing that out.

When it comes down to it, unlockables don't mean s***. So what if there are more unlockable stages? Most of them are crappy ones. The only thing that Brawl decently improves on is the characters. Put the characters in a melee play style (same physics engine and stuff like that), and I would orgasm. Melee is so much more deep than Brawl. Melee is a fighting game. Brawl is a party game.
unlocking things is fun, and fun is what video games are about. its annoying when people don't like Brawl because of little things like once or twice a match tripping, or specialtechs being gone. unless my wii breaks down i won't be playing melee for a while. there is just so much to do in brawl. i haven't gotten bored from it yet. And Brawl is a fighting game. I don't see how you could say otherwise. its has almost completely the same gameplay as melee.

Lotos

Quote from: Java_Java on March 12, 2008, 04:16:07 PM
Quote from: darklink140 on March 12, 2008, 04:14:43 PM
It is better than I expected, but there are a few things that could have been better. The fact that you can unlock mostly all characters on SSE is dissapointing.  I wish that it could have been like the previous where you encounter them.
There's an easy remedy for that.

DON'T PLAY SSE.

What do you think I did?  I held off on SSE until it said that I needed to get the characters from the SSE.  I got my characters with the solo mode conditions, except [spoiler]R.O.B. (because I was one trophy away from 250, and I went to Brawl mode to get come coins easily, instead, I forgot that I was 9 brawls away from 160, I ended up challenging him.  After 5 tries [that Mario Bros. stage pisses me off], I beat him)[/spoiler] and Snake [spoiler]Because you have to play Shadow Moses Island 15 times in Brawl mode.[/spoiler]

Jono2

Quote from: tibar7 on March 17, 2008, 06:57:43 PM

When it comes down to it, unlockables don't mean s***. So what if there are more unlockable stages? Most of them are crappy ones. The only thing that Brawl decently improves on is the characters. Put the characters in a melee play style (same physics engine and stuff like that), and I would orgasm. Melee is so much more deep than Brawl. Melee is a fighting game. Brawl is a party game.
I'm a sheep.

and I once again fix your post.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

tibar7

Quote from: Jono2 on March 17, 2008, 07:06:31 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on March 17, 2008, 06:57:43 PM

I'm a sheep.

i'm a sheep.
stop fixing the posts or my thread will get locked.

Java

Quote from: Lotos on March 17, 2008, 06:57:57 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on March 12, 2008, 04:16:07 PM
Quote from: darklink140 on March 12, 2008, 04:14:43 PM
It is better than I expected, but there are a few things that could have been better. The fact that you can unlock mostly all characters on SSE is dissapointing.  I wish that it could have been like the previous where you encounter them.
There's an easy remedy for that.

DON'T PLAY SSE.

What do you think I did?  I held off on SSE until it said that I needed to get the characters from the SSE.  I got my characters with the solo mode conditions, except [spoiler]R.O.B. (because I was one trophy away from 250, and I went to Brawl mode to get come coins easily, instead, I forgot that I was 9 brawls away from 160, I ended up challenging him.  After 5 tries [that Mario Bros. stage pisses me off], I beat him)[/spoiler] and Snake [spoiler]Because you have to play Shadow Moses Island 15 times in Brawl mode.[/spoiler]
I held off on playing SSE too and the only character that I used to get SSE was [spoiler]R.O.B. and obviously Toon Link, Jiggs, and Wolf.[/spoiler]

JrDude

Worse than I expected.
I expected SSE to be much longer and cooler, and include all the characters in a storyline.
[spoiler]But Sonic (Who was only in the end), Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf, [/spoiler] had no story line, and had no meeting with any other character, it just showed a little movie, then you fought him (excluding Sonic in that last part)

And Classic mode is always the same cycle, from Zelda seires to DK/Yoshi series, to blah, I like it random, and no Race to the finish, not having that is HORRIBLE.
Then comes Target smash, there's only 5 different ones, what's up with that? I liked it better when each character had their own.

Though the game is better than melee, I was expecting more.
[move][/move]
Dude .

THEEVILSPERKY

Personally, I loved the repetition of SSE.  The scenes were fun and it was a neat mode to play.  It's not the main game though so it shouldn't be treated like it was supposed to be super-amazing.  A lot of it reminded me of Kirby Superstar for SNES. ^_^

The Great Maze at the end was pretty cool too.  I wound up getting everything but one item on my first play-through of that entire area (must've been a single CD or some trophy somewhere I rushed by).

Some things I miss... Saffron City and Board the Platforms!  This game completely lacks original SSB goodness.. save the bumper item.  The bonuses were something I loved in Melee at the end of matches... and now without that... Classic is what feels old to me.  New life needs to be breathed into that and getting rid of the bonuses was a big let-down for me.  That mode actually took a step back in the wrong direction.. whereas I really enjoyed it back in Melee and the original.

Also, the game-play is pretty different for all 3 games and also, unrelated, I must say... I don't like how SSE unlocks a billion things just like that.  The solution is not skipping it 'cause I wanna be able to enjoy that mode from the get-go without everything "hidden" falling right into my lap.

I would've liked to have had a few less original levels and included a few more levels that related to the different franchises which was something I liked about Melee's adventure mode.  You had those special levels that were clearly Mario-based or Zelda-based... not enough of that in Brawl.  A lot of it was just really generic locations.  The music was nostalgic but the places didn't match really..
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

Apollo

the only things i dont like are:
the use of c stick in single mode
shorter target test
co-op everything
longer classic mode

i love the character choice and sse