Main Menu

DH2 and T_L's rant thread! (new rant every Wednesday)

Started by Dr.Hobo2, March 19, 2008, 08:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Hobo2

Well...this is a result of PM conversations, events in Brawl, and sheer boredom. Enjoy!

DH2: Hello, I'm Dr.Hobo2 here with Triforce_Luigi to rant about random things in Brawl. We'll be doing a new rant every week. This week, we're going to talk about how Final Destination is chosen too much.

T_L: Hi, I'm Triforce_Luigi. Hobo explained it, pretty much. So yeah. Final Destination is used a little too much. I can understand wanting to be fair and even and all that crap, but honestly, it's getting a bit much.

DH2: So true, and I'm pretty sure that anybody who's played against Fox or Pit knows that it's not very fair with them spamming their regular b attack. That really doesn't seem fair to me. Plus, as T_L said, FD has been chosen a bit too much. Why can't we have some diversity in the stages that we choose? Is that so bad?

T_L: Diversity isn't too hard to come by when it comes to stages. We have no lack of unique stages in Brawl, but people choose to ignore them and Sora Ltd's hard work in making them, all in favor of plain, and rather boring Final Destination. Sure, occasionally, you'll get people fighting on Smashville, Battlefield, and similar stages, but the majority of matches end up on Final Destination.

DH2: Yes, there is the occasional change in stage instead of FD but then again, it's still only a select few that get chosen and the amount of times one comes onto one of these stages pales in comparison to how many times your character steps onto FD. There's at least 40+ stages, and even more if your playing with real life friends and custom stages are available, but FD comes up most of the time.

T_L: Yeah. I rarely see stages with gimmicks being played. I can understand not liking Poke Floats because it puts users of slow characters with bad jumping at an extreme advantage, but some stages like Mario Bros. are rarely used.

DH2: Yeah, I hardly ever see those stages online unless I'm the one who chooses the stage...and even then, it's still not likely because the other person/people chose--suerprise, surprise!--Final Destination! So that all I really have to rant about FD so do you have any final thoughts T_L?

T_L: Hm... Lemme think... Eh... Nope. That's all outta me. 

DH2: Alright then. I suppose that this sums up this week's rant. Oh, and your opinion of our rants and ideas for future rants would be greatly appreciated.

Dr.Hobo2

DededeCloneChris

Hmm, do we need this? Seriously, everyone discuss things here already and not between 2 persons, but with ALL the persons.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on March 19, 2008, 08:25:24 PM
Well...this is a result of PM conversations, events in Brawl, and sheer boredom. Enjoy!

DH2: Hello, I'm Dr.Hobo2 here with Triforce_Luigi to rant about random things in Brawl. We'll be doing a new rant every week. This week, we're going to talk about how Final Destination is chosen too much.

T_L: Hi, I'm Triforce_Luigi. Hobo explained it, pretty much. So yeah. Final Destination is used a little too much. I can understand wanting to be fair and even and all that crap, but honestly, it's getting a bit much.

DH2: So true, and I'm pretty sure that anybody who's played against Fox or Pit knows that it's not very fair with them spamming their regular b attack. That really doesn't seem fair to me. Plus, as T_L said, FD has been chosen a bit too much. Why can't we have some diversity in the stages that we choose? Is that so bad?

T_L: Diversity isn't too hard to come by when it comes to stages. We have no lack of unique stages in Brawl, but people choose to ignore them and Sora Ltd's hard work in making them, all in favor of plain, and rather boring Final Destination. Sure, occasionally, you'll get people fighting on Smashville, Battlefield, and similar stages, but the majority of matches end up on Final Destination.

DH2: Yes, there is the occasional change in stage instead of FD but then again, it's still only a select few that get chosen and the amount of times one comes onto one of these stages pales in comparison to how many times your character steps onto FD. There's at least 40+ stages, and even more if your playing with real life friends and custom stages are available, but FD comes up most of the time.

T_L: Yeah. I rarely see stages with gimmicks being played. I can understand not liking Poke Floats because it puts users of slow characters with bad jumping at an extreme advantage, but some stages like Mario Bros. are rarely used.

DH2: Yeah, I hardly ever see those stages online unless I'm the one who chooses the stage...and even then, it's still not likely because the other person/people chose--suerprise, surprise!--Final Destination! So that all I really have to rant about FD so do you have any final thoughts T_L?

T_L: Hm... Lemme think... Eh... Nope. That's all outta me. 

DH2: Alright then. I suppose that this sums up this week's rant. Oh, and your opinion of our rants and ideas for future rants would be greatly appreciated.

IMO- I think this kind of thread should be in the NSF SSBB Discussion Thread,
But a las that'll be up to MoM to decide.

Frankly I don't care what stage I play on, I just want to play.
I like FD over all, but I don't mine playing other stages either.

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: wiiboychris on March 19, 2008, 08:28:39 PM
Hmm, do we need this? Seriously, everyone discuss things here already and not between 2 persons, but with ALL the persons.
Hey, don't forget that it's not just us. You can post your own opinion too.

Joeofmars

Quote from: wiiboychris on March 19, 2008, 08:28:39 PM

Hahaha. You're the last person to tell ANYONE that we don't need certain threads. You working on anymore 'fanfics'?

Macawmoses

You are aware why gimmick stages are not chosen, correct? Stages like Mario Bros generate items, or other such things, that make the stage unusable fairly. Anybody can keep throwing crabs at you and win, while FD promotes skill. I believe FD is used too much, but Lylat Cruise and Smashville are excellent stages; core fighting at its' purest. You really gave no defense other than overuse, and spamming of moves. To touch on that, spammed moves weaken, and are easy to deflect/foresee. If you can't handle a spammed move, you shouldn't be playing/ranting.

Asides from that, grammar/double check did not exist.

"I can understand not liking Poke Floats because it puts users of slow characters with bad jumping at an extreme advantage"

Yes, as slow characters have a great advantage, don't they? Some areas did not make sense, and frankly, take away from the rant status. Try again, but put more effort into your defense, and be sure to provide a counter-argument.

~MoM~

Allegretto

I think Final Destination is an Exellent stage. I use it for matches I would like to be very intense and enjoyable.

It is also a good course for a final battle.

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: Allegretto on March 19, 2008, 08:57:35 PM
I think Final Destination is an Exellent stage. I use it for matches I would like to be very intense and enjoyable.

It is also a good course for a final battle.
True, but this is not about whether FD is a good stage or not, this is about how the stage is chosen too much as a place to fight on. Like MoM said, there are other stages to fight on other than just Final Destination.

tibar7

i don't choose FD a lot. i even it up with Battlefield, smashville, lylat cruise, yoshi's island, and delfino. plus any stages i make and hyrule from melee.
FD is a great stage cuz it's too small for pit and fox to spam their moves and get away with it. if you play at FD with no items, it's all about skill and nothing else. that's also why it's called Final Destination of course. lol.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Joeofmars

Wow... that made no sense. It's called Final Destination because it's your FINAL DESTINATION is the game... not because it takes skill to play on it.

Wow.

.:DL:.

I don't think there is a point in making this thead.  As Starwind mentioned, this should be taken to the discussion thread.  Of course, a KoH has the ability to do this, so....yea.

BTW, FD is an awesome stage.  It's the only stage that doesn't have unfair advantages.  It's plain and it is the main stage for core fighting.  And the music is awesome as well.

Fell

You know, FD is chosen a little too much, but for someone who experiences lag(For some horrid unknown reason) I like to choose that stage.

So really, I guess people choose that stage because of lag issues? Idk, I just don't have a problem with it.

Spongebob does not approve

HTA!

You want to know why we choose bland stages?

Any "unique" or "fun" stage lags horribly online.
Castle siege is almost unplayable without fantastic connection.

Therefore, picking simple stages lets the fighting flow quicker.

Shujinco2

So true. What's wrong with picking Kirby 64 occasionally?