News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Why the hell does everyone use Ike.

Started by Kilroy, March 23, 2008, 05:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSWiiMaster42

Because he has a lot of great attacks, and he's cool. He's way more powerful than King Dedede and Captain Olimar, that's for sure.

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)

Tupin

I only recently discovered the huge ownage of Ike.

I love his FS.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Avion-Finch

I use Ike because, I played RD, and hes a God in that game, I took a liking to him, and I like how hes a swordsman, with power, I dont use him because everyone else does, I just like him.

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Triforceman22

Quote from: Avion-Finch on March 24, 2008, 04:38:44 PM
I use Ike because, I played RD, and hes a God in that game, I took a liking to him, and I like how hes a swordsman, with power, I dont use him because everyone else does, I just like him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is also the reason why i main Ike. :)

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

ThePowerOfOne

I hate all Fire Emblem characters in SSB. They are all too slow and bulky for me...

Apollo

Quote from: Phaze on March 24, 2008, 06:08:17 PM
I hate all Fire Emblem characters in SSB. They are all too slow and bulky for me...
marth?

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Phaze on March 24, 2008, 06:08:17 PM

Yeah, Marth is really slow.  :|

[/sarcasm]

major tom

farf

I was an invincible beast with roy, but I totally suck with Ike.
ssbb name: farf

ssbb friend code: 2793-0398-4657

add me please!

Kilroy

Quote from: Co-Z on March 24, 2008, 04:14:52 PM
We can play whoever the intercourse  we want. We don't care if you think Ike sucks, we'll still play him.

No one ninnyed when everyone used Falco in Melee.
Falco wasn't broken, first of all. He was strong and slow, enough. Ike is STRONGER and FASTER than Melee's Falco.

I ninnyed whenever someone used Roy because HE was broken.

And also, a simple A combo with Ike can send someone flying at 60%, happened to me yesterday at my friend's house.

And also

Quote from: DSWiiMaster42 on March 24, 2008, 04:28:39 PM
He's way more powerful than King Dedede
Yeah, he's also FASTER than Dedede.

I think it's a problem when Character A is simply better than Character B, making whoever plays as Character B have an EXTREMELY hard time winning, not because whoever plays as character A is BETTER, he's using an ALL-AROUND BETTER CHARACTER. How can every character be beaten by every character if there's a character that can out-power powerhouses?

This is ALSO the problem with Kirby, somewhat -_-
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

HTA!

Quote from: Olimar on March 25, 2008, 03:12:01 AM
We can play whoever the f*** we want. We don't care if you think Ike sucks, we'll still play him.

No one b***ed when everyone used Falco in Melee.
Falco wasn't broken, first of all. He was strong and slow, enough. Ike is STRONGER and FASTER than Melee's Falco.

I b***ed whenever someone used Roy because HE was broken.

And also, a simple A combo with Ike can send someone flying at 60%, happened to me yesterday at my friend's house.

And also

I think it's a problem when Character A is simply better than Character B, making whoever plays as Character B have an EXTREMELY hard time winning, not because whoever plays as character A is BETTER, he's using an ALL-AROUND BETTER CHARACTER. How can every character be beaten by every character if there's a character that can out-power powerhouses?

Roy?
Broken?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Roy is the opposite of broken.

Marth was much more overpowered in Melee.
EVERY SINGLE ONE of Marths moves was better than Roy's, both in speed, use, damage etc.

Only Roy's charged phir3 blade was better, and if you fell for that you were an idiot.

Kilroy

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 25, 2008, 05:29:45 AM
We can play whoever the f*** we want. We don't care if you think Ike sucks, we'll still play him.

And also

Roy?
Broken?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

EVERY SINGLE ONE of Marths moves was better than Roy's, both in speed, use, damage etc.

Only Roy's charged phir3 blade was better, and if you fell for that you were an idiot.
A Combo, Counter, uncharged smash, all do more damage for Roy than they do for Marth -_-
 FOR NSF MASCOT

HTA!

Quote from: Olimar on March 25, 2008, 12:06:08 PM

And also

Roy?
Broken?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

A Combo, Counter, uncharged smash, all do more damage for Roy than they do for Marth -_-
Counter is far too chort.
A combo is easily dodged due to knockback.
Tipper.

Kilroy

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 25, 2008, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: Olimar on March 25, 2008, 12:06:08 PM

And also

Roy?
Broken?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Counter is far too chort.
A combo is easily dodged due to knockback.
Tipper.
Counter works on any move, including something like Luigi's Green Missle, or an A Combo, therefore, counter only can be "countered" if the person is using projectiles, since counter comes out EXTREMELY FAST, but then takes about 5 seconds to end (which is the only set-back I can see with Roy).

A Combo (When I say "A Combo", btw, I don't mean "One Combo", I mean "A-Button Combo", in case someone didn't get that)  will work almost EVERY time on ANYONE near Roy OR Ike (Moreso the latter, since he has an actual Combo, rather than two swipes).

What the hell is Tipper?
 FOR NSF MASCOT

WiinolikePS3

Firstoff, if you still think he's cheap, there's a differense between a character being cheap, and you playing people who are really good with him.

Take, for example, my cousin.

[spoiler]He uses Wolf. A LOT. Once he gets me in the air, I'm not coming back down. Why? For whatever reason, Wolf's aerial attacks are either faster or have a wider range than ANY of Ike's attacks. Aether may be able to get me down SOMETIMES, but the midair lag is long enough for him to finish me off. Wolf's blaster cancels Ike's B+Side charge, and prevents him from running straight up to him, then Wolf, being faster, can run up and slice at him. In other words, if you really want to beat Ike, Wolf is probably one of the best characters to use.[/spoiler]

If you're going to blame my skill, I can beat my cousin using ANY of my mains, and beat him no matter who he uses (Unless it's Ike vs. [spoiler]Wolf[/spoiler]). For the heck of it, he used Ike, and has only used him once to play through Classic, and let me tell you, Ike SUCKS with beginners. Firstoff, most who use his blocks end up getting hit. Hard. If your opponent isn't readable, then you're most likely going to get the timing off. This means that all you have to do is do something unpredictable, like rolling.

Rolling. Ike's biggest weakness. It dodges most of his attacks, and normally, you can hit him in the back due to his lag. Yes, it is a bit risky, but isn't that what the game is about?

The bottom line is, you're either fighting extremely good Ikes, or you just don't have the skills that are needed to beat an Ike. I'm not insulting your ability there, it's just you need to get rolling down pat if you want to completely destroy Ike. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO ROLL TO BEAT HIM.

I'm done.  :P