Main Menu

Why the hell does everyone use Ike.

Started by Kilroy, March 23, 2008, 05:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy

Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 27, 2008, 02:48:39 PM
Trust me,[spoiler] Lucario, Wolf, and Marth[/spoiler] are WAAAAAAAAAY cheaper than Ike.

Ike actually isn't that cheap....
does he have a tipper too?
or is it like roy's?
I can't tell....

all his attacks are like the slowest in the game...

even [spoiler]Ganondorf[/spoiler] is quicker...
so stop complaining.
You need real skill to use ike efficientley.

Roy has a "Middler" like Roy.

Ganondorf is the slowest character in the game, moron.

The characters you mentioned aren't cheap, since "L" and "M" are very light, and "W" has a horrible jump, and his recover isn't THAT great.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Shujinco2

So...I noticed you didn't respond to mine.

Did I win ? ;D

Triforceman22

Quote from: Olimar on March 27, 2008, 05:48:31 PM
Trust me,[spoiler] Lucario, Wolf, and Marth[/spoiler] are WAAAAAAAAAY cheaper than Ike.

or is it like roy's?
I can't tell....

so stop complaining.

Ganondorf is the slowest character in the game,

The characters you mentioned aren't cheap, since "L" and "M" are very light, and "W" has a horrible jump, and his recover isn't THAT great.

ha!
your wrong!

If you can get landings right on"G's" Aerial attacks, there is no lag.
I tested.
It takes Ike. about a second to pull off a F-Smash
it takes less time for "G's" F-smash to finish.

and what are you smoking?
"L's" Recovery is god-like. He can cling onto walls for god's sake.
Beside his power goes up the more he is beaten on.

And I meat Melee version of [spoiler]Marth[/spoiler]
he was cheap.  but now he sucks.

and your telling me [spoiler]Wolf[/spoiler] isn't cheap?
But Ike is?
I lol'd at that.

[spoiler]Wolf[/spoiler] can be one of the cheapest characters in the game.
so what if he doesn't have good recovery...
His overall attack power and speed make up for it.

Even his fricken blaster is powerful.
So don't tell me wolf is not cheap.

If you fight a good wolf user,

Prepare to be raped.
So think twice when you call someone a moron, K?

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Red

Quote from: Olimar on March 27, 2008, 12:13:54 PM
also, RedSox, I've already answered all of your answers to my complaints, not directly answered TO YOU, but if you actually, you know, read the thread, you'd understand that your opinion has been stated numerous times.
I've read the thread over for the lulz several times, and this single part of this post made me laugh the most. No where in the thread have I seen most of my opinions stated. If you actually bothered to read my post, you'd know that. Sure there are some, but not enough to discredit the entire post.

Dawei

I must say, I was trying to stay out of this. But, I'll have to come in.

Ike is not broken. I don't care if you say he is "too fast for his power". Guess what? He isn't! :O Sure, maybe on a completely piece of poop he is too fast. "ahhhhhh his f-smash y cant i evr dawg it?!?!?!" Not to mention most all of his other attacks are slow as well. Any good speed character can rape him. Power means nothing with the amounts of lag he has. As I said, he can do good at a low level, but if you put him in a tournament situation, he will lose. Yeah, everyonce in a while he might get in the top five, but more often than not he won't win. I'm willing to bet middle tier at best.

Not to mention, the fact that you thought Roy was broken really gives me a reason to think that you are just a mentally ill child who's rants should just be discredited as a lack of getting medicine. Even Triforceman, our local "lol ike raeps u lol" guy doesn't believe he is broken. Unless I'm missing something, almost all of the actively posting Ike mains here don't believe he is broken. And if you still truly believe he is broken, take it to the smashboards (www.smashboards.com). They will show you the light.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Dawei on March 28, 2008, 07:14:17 AM
I must say, I was trying to stay out of this. But, I'll have to come in.

Ike is not broken. I don't care if you say he is "too fast for his power". Guess what? He isn't! :O Sure, maybe on a completely piece of s*** he is too fast. "ahhhhhh his f-smash y cant i evr dawg it?!?!?!" Not to mention most all of his other attacks are slow as well. Any good speed character can rape him. Power means nothing with the amounts of lag he has. As I said, he can do good at a low level, but if you put him in a tournament situation, he will lose. Yeah, everyonce in a while he might get in the top five, but more often than not he won't win. I'm willing to bet middle tier at best.

Not to mention, the fact that you thought Roy was broken really gives me a reason to think that you are just a mentally ill child who's rants should just be discredited as a lack of getting medicine. Even Triforceman, our local "lol ike raeps u lol" guy doesn't believe he is broken. Unless I'm missing something, almost all of the actively posting Ike mains here don't believe he is broken. And if you still truly believe he is broken, take it to the smashboards (www.smashboards.com). They will show you the light.

Umm...
Lol. :P
I'm the "lol ike raeps u lol" Guy.
Thanks.

Tourney fag. XD

but I agree with you in every aspect.

Kilroy

Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 28, 2008, 04:37:03 AM

or is it like roy's?
I can't tell....

so stop complaining.

ha!
your wrong!

Ha! You fail at typing!

Which is hard as hell to do, seeing as his jump sucks

I tested.

That has a intercourse ing God-like range and does more damage than Link's, I've tested

His Final Smash only works well on small stages/flat stages

So can about half the other characters.

He's light as hell, however

He was never cheap, nor sucky -_-

But Ike is?
I lol'd at that.

"W" is very slow, and if you didn't notice, most of his attacks take ages to perform.

It has a shorter blast than [spoiler]Falco's[/spoiler], moves slower, and does 6%, unless you count getting hit by the blaster itself

Prepare to be raped.

"W's" are easily defeated with someone like "G&W", or Luigi, or even Snake for Christ's sake.

I think thrice ;)

Also, moron.
 FOR NSF MASCOT

major tom

ARGUING ABOUT A VIDEO GAME CHARACTER IS SERIOUS BUSINESS, YOU GUYS.

This thread is dumb.

Kilroy

Quote from: Co-Z on March 28, 2008, 02:39:22 PM

This thread is dumb.
I totally agree with your personal text ^_^
 FOR NSF MASCOT

major tom

Quote from: Olimar on March 28, 2008, 02:40:11 PM
Quote from: Co-Z on March 28, 2008, 02:39:22 PM

This thread is dumb.
I totally agree with your personal text ^_^
HOLY SHIT, DID YOU JUST HEAR THAT GUY? HE THINKS THAT INSULTING EACHOTHER OVER A VIDEO GAME IS DUMB.

LET'S KICK HIS ASS.

Tupin

Who really cares?

People will use whatever they want.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Olimar on March 28, 2008, 02:24:06 PM

or is it like roy's?
I can't tell....

so stop complaining.

ha!
your wrong!

Ha! You fail at typing!

Irrelevant.

So wait till the enemy is within reach. Mindgames and strategy.

I tested.

That has a intercourse ing God-like range and does more damage than Link's, I've tested

So roll away or ground dodge. Or get the intercourse  away from him!

Not if you apply it correctly. If you use it when the foe is directly in front of you, then it can do just as well.

Why don't you name a couple? It's limited to only a few, not half the roster.

Uh, we weighs about the same as Mario, by my estimation. Which is not "light as hell.

Hahahahahahah! God... Either you're joking or you're a moron. Marth in Melee was almost as fast as Fox. Almost. Not to mention that the majority of his attacks did good damage, he is fairly easy to combo with. In Brawl, most of his attacks were weakened, his range is slightly lessened, and his speed is a bit lower. He sucks compared to his Melee counterpart.

But Ike is?
I lol'd at that.

"W" is very slow, and if you didn't notice, most of his attacks take ages to perform.

Wow. Hypocrite. "W" is fairly fast, not as fast as Fox, but still around Mario's speed. His attacks are all pretty powerful and his attacks aren't nearly as slow as Ike's. If anyone's cheap, it's "W."

It has a shorter blast than [spoiler]Falco's[/spoiler], moves slower, and does 6%, unless you count getting hit by the blaster itself

Still, his blaster does more damage and is also kinda versatile. It can rack up damage, stun an enemy. Plus, the blade on it makes it useful for close range as well.

Prepare to be raped.

"W's" are easily defeated with someone like "G&W", or Luigi, or even Snake for Christ's sake.

Yeah, Ike can be defeated with someone like "G&W," Pit, Luigi, Sheik, Snake, Zelda, Samus, ZSS, and pretty much the whole roster. Same with "W." Anyone can beat anyone as long as you have enough skill.

I think thrice ;)

I think several more times. ;)
Also, moron.
Kay, moron, read the italics. ;)`

Triforceman22

Quote from: Olimar on March 28, 2008, 02:24:06 PM

or is it like roy's?
I can't tell....

so stop complaining.

ha!
your wrong!

Ha! You fail at typing!

I tested.

That has a f***ing God-like range and does more damage than Link's, I've tested

But Ike is?
I lol'd at that.

Prepare to be raped.

I think thrice ;)

Also, moron.

onoez.
Iv'e been called a moron twice.
I'mma go cry in corner now.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Jono2

dude.

Roy sucked.

he was just a poopty version of Marth.  Marth's tipper owned, and Roy wasn't even more powerful, unless you hit with his flare blade or his counter.  To add to that, his counter lasted a much shorter time and had quite a bit more lag IIRC.

Roy requires you to get close to the Opponent.  Marth can deal more damage while staying out of reach of opponents.  Marth wins.

Just because Roy has "teh phier" doesn't mean he is a better character.  He was a much worse character, and really there was no point in playing him, because he was just a really bad version of one of the best characters in the game.

Ike is completely different than Roy.  The only things they really have in common are "teh phier" and a victory pose. :|

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

NINTENDO_PAWNAGE_RAWK

Let's look at everything you have said for a moment. During this time my 1337 Cross Examination skills will completely and utterly render almost all of your statements false. Let's start at the begging shall we?

Wow, a rant and it's only my first day -_-

This in general is just a bad idea in the first place, review the facts and what people are talking about on the subject before ranting next time. First of all your title itself is incorrect Ike may be good by only a fraction of the people here use him and every person in general. I do use Ike however, so don't hold it against me or anything for defending this point and or saying I am a hypocrite for saying his weaknesses.

I find it saddening that people don't understand the problem with Ike.

I find it saddening that you can't understand that he is balenced and beatable... and for that matter not even a "...demented form of Roy.", but I will get to that later.

I'm going to assume that people that use Ike know how Roy was like in Melee, because all Ike is is a demented form of Roy.

OOOR, I could get to it right now. The following are just a few reasons why Roy is not in any way shape or form Ike:
1. Ike's up smash is a smash attack that covers a much broader area than Roy's and has a chance of hitting the side as well. It is also more powerful and SLOWER.
2. Every single air attack Ike has is different that Roy's
3. His standard A is different than Roy's and SLOWER. (See a pattern yet?)
4. His side B is easier to avoid and not combo able yet MUCH FASTER.  (Ok, so no pattern, sue me.)
5. Even though his Standard B involves fire, this never happened in his game and Sakurai did this just for the Roy fans. This is the ONLY move that he has similar besides the Moves all Fire Emblem characters have. These being Side A, Counter, and Down A smash.
6. His Standard up a is much different and covers a smaller range with greater hit back.
7. Standard Side A is different than Roy's who does a vertical motion while Ike's is horizontal.
8. Ike is slower than Roy in not only attack speed, but speed in general.

Let's start out with Roy in Melee.

Roy came from an epic game series know as Fire Emblem, which you all know. Roy, however, unlike Marth, sucks ass. Not only is he extremely overpowered, he's too quick for his overall power. He is an EXTREMELY cheap character to use, seeing as if you try to counter Roy with a fast character, he'll blow you away, and if you try to counter Roy with a powerful character, Roy can simply zoom past you, and then blow you away. It was almost impossible to beat Roy unless you had a stroke of luck with items, which most people turn off anyway. The only way I've ever beaten Roy without any sort of luck was with Pichu. And they removed him from Brawl.

How is sucking ass and overpowered related again? Anyway the point I will try to make here is that Roy was not overpowered, in fact, he sucked more than Marth. Meaning that Marth was the better Character as someone has already explained. He has a multitude of weaknesses and if you could only beat him with Pichu something is not right. Do you always play a professional Roy user/really good one? That could be why you resent it, the player is most likely just better than you, it is nothing to get worked up about the same thing happened with a Roy user in our neighborhood. It took me 2 years to figure out how to beat the guy!

Now to Ike.

On March 9th, Super Smash Brothers Brawl came out, and one of the starting characters was Ike. In seeing that, and also in reading his section on the Brawl website, I knew he was a half-clone of Roy. Yes, indeed he does move SLOWER, but not slow enough. And also seeing that they replaced Roy's Side-B with a move that can send Ike more than half-way across Final Destination is just as bad as being fast and powerful. He, I believe is actually MORE Powerful than Roy. And the fact that they kept the idea from Roy where if you touch a certain point of his sword, you're a goner, is even worse with someone like Ike.

You can't judge if someone is even close to a clone until you see all of their moves and play as them. If you call him a half clone of Roy, you might as well call him a half clone of Marth. Which would not make sense, so why compare to Roy?

I can somewhat give Nintendo credit for TRYING to fix Roy, seeing as if they completely changed Roy it would piss too many people off, they simply got rid of Roy and put Ike in, thus somewhat fixing the problem. But not enough Nintendo, not enough. He IS beatable, if someone who just got the game and has never played a fighting game before is playing as him, yes, he is beatable. Otherwise, I can only see MAYBE Pit beating a semi-experienced Ike.

Geez, this is getting tedious. The following refute your points:
1. Ike is beatable, however so was Roy. Easily in fact as stated by others already.
2. Granted, Pit does have an edge over Ike, but my point is anybody could have beaten anybody. Roy was never overpowered, and neither is Ike.

That's my rant, now, I'll just put my flame shield up and wait a little while...Roy and Ike are STILL too fast for their power.

If you think Ike or Roy is fast you are crazy.

Roy can easily blow anyone away at 50-70%,  and even though he is a clone of Marth, he is not inferior.

Yes he is and everyone (almost) on the board who participated in the Roy V.S. Marth Debates on Oldsider will believe me.

I perfer Marth to Roy, but still, Roy is simply too fast for his power.

Look at points above.

Ike, yes, is completely helpless when thrown too far, but there's a problem there.

YOU CAN'T GET IKE AT A HIGH ENOUGH PERCENT TO THROW HIM THAT FAR WITHOUT HIM EITHER BEING FAR TOO FAR IN THE LEAD.

Don't use Caps Lock, also that is a load of bull my 11 year old brother is a beast with Young Link and is even with me throughout all of our battles.

Ike can't beat someone like Fox, it's impossible, Ike is too slow for Fox.

I beat Fox all the time, you just use L/R down shield or counter at the right time and have a good placed move or two.

But what about someone like Luigi? or Bowser? or even Falco? It's impossible for someone who's either all-around or slow to beat Ike. It's simply unfair.

See above.

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 23, 2008, 05:46:07 PM
By the way, I owned as Roy. >:(

I own as Ike too!
Because They're BOTH BEGINNER CHARACTERS THAT ARE EASY TO USE AND EASY TO WIN WITH BECAUSE OF HOW LITTLE DISADVANTAGES THEY HAVE.

JUST LIKE PIT, but that's for another rant.

That, or maybe you just can't stand the fact that you cannot beat him. End of counter rant. Have a nice day.
[/quote]
EDIT:
Also, since I typed this you have stated numerous disgustingly obvious contradictions and I am wondering why people have not pointed them out, put I will just roll with it and hope someone yells objection for me, because you are honestly not worth my time.