Main Menu

Why does most of Nsider hate rap?

Started by phatyo, April 06, 2008, 07:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen Khan

Quote from: ZGDK on April 09, 2008, 12:02:02 PM
Rap takes no talent. Just write a poem and add a beat.

it's barely even a poem, some of it is just random words stuck together

SkyMyl

Spamspamspam
is hamhamisham

There, now add swearing and a beat and it's rap.

Rap is boring, it repeats two or more lines, and it irritates me.

Kaz

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 09, 2008, 12:05:27 PM

sort of like a chorus in most rock/pop songs

or even a guitar riff in most rock songs

oh boo hoo not repetition ;-;

It's not like writing a rock song takes much more talent.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Lotos

I dislike how people obnoxiously blast it on their car stereos or iPods.  As long as I don't have to hear it, I don't give a intercourse  really.

Cardinal

You could say the same thing for county music, because 95% of it is sad/love poems over a guitar/violin/drum/fiddle combo.

Any and all music takes talent. I could do about 500 songs from any genre, and they wouldn't be good, because I can't sing.

Spamspamspam
is hamhamisham

You're a moron.
I could take those same two lines and make, oh I dunno, a rock song too.
Add in some words about breaking up/losing a friend/high school, and there's an alt rock song.
Add in some words about drug usage/hell/satan, and there's some heavy metal.
Add in something about a farm/best friend dying/falling in love, and then put it over an acoustic guitar - woah, country music!

Jono2

yes, but nobody in their right mind likes country music.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

JMV

Quote from: Jono2 on April 08, 2008, 06:41:07 PM

there's no christian rap,
I hope you can break the news to Lyrycsyt

Quoteand everything I hear is about sex, drugs and money.  so why would I have any inscentive whatsoever to look into the genre any more? 
i once watched the news and all i saw were muslims who were terrorists, why would i have any incentive whatsoever to find ones who aren't?

QuoteI don't like spoken word, so why would I like rap?  it's the same thing with music. :|
i dont like spoken word, so why would i like rock? it's the same thing with varying pitch :|
Quote from: Jono2 on April 09, 2008, 01:00:08 PM
yes, but nobody in their right mind likes country music.
johnny cash
Write a poem, read it to a beat.  I promise that the result won't be a rap song. You're an idiot if you believe otherwise.
Spamspamspam
is hamhamisham

Pretty broad generalization there.  omg i just found these lyrics to some rock music
QuoteYou're crazy, hey, hey
You know you're crazy, oh my!
You're intercourse in' crazy, oh child
You know you're crazy
Ay,ay,ay,ay,ay,ay,ah,ah,ah,ah, yeah!
Woh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh na,no,na,no,na,no,na,no,na,no,no,no
No,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no
No,no,no, no, no, no, no,no,no,no,no,no
no,no,no! Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, Oh no, ow! -Woooh, yeah!

Say, boy, where ya comin' from?
Where'd ya get that point of view?
When I was younger
I knew a Motherintercourse er like you,
and she said,
'You don't need my love,
You wanna sati-satisfaction,' Bitch
You don't need my love,
You've got to find yourself another
Another piece, another piece
Of the action

OMG OMG OMG HE SAID A SWEAR, THAT'S SOMETHING EXCLUSIVE TO RAP. OMG OMG HE REPEATED HIMSELF LIKE 30 TIMES

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Miiman56

Quote from: Lotos on April 09, 2008, 12:18:46 PM
I dislike how people obnoxiously blast it on their car stereos or iPods.  As long as I don't have to hear it, I don't give a f*** really.
Amen

JMV

Quote from: Miiman56 on April 09, 2008, 01:40:01 PM
I dislike how people obnoxiously blast it on their car stereos or iPods.  As long as I don't have to hear it, I don't give a f*** really.
Amen
My neighbor enjoys coming home at 1 AM blasting heavy metal, I guess I should start hating the genre m i rite.

Miiman56

Quote from: JMV290 on April 09, 2008, 01:41:18 PM
Quote from: Miiman56 on April 09, 2008, 01:40:01 PM
Amen
My neighbor enjoys coming home at 1 AM blasting heavy metal, I guess I should start hating the genre m i rite.
That must really suck
I really dont like music in the first place :P

Jono2

i don't know what I was thinking when I said there's no christian rap, because I knew there was. o_O

you don't have to have any inscentive to find any non-muslim terrorists, but at the same time, you don't have to treat any muslims you see as terrorists.  I don't go out looking for rap, but when it's playing, I won't shut an ear to it just because it is rap.

johnny cash is the only country music that I can stand to hear.  everything else is poop.

I don't care if others listen to rap.  I just don't like the genre.  I prefer something with more music behind it, i guess.

Spam

Spamspamspam
is hamhamisham

That sounds AWSOME!!!

Fo shizzle my pizzle.

major tom

You're all retarded if you generalize about rap.

Not all rap is about gangz, drugz, seckz and moneyz. Today, most of it is, but it began as something else. It began as something anyone could have fun with - whether you're dancing, rhyming, or making beats. 25 years ago, most rap didn't have immoral lyrics. It was all fun, usually meaningless, but not in a bad way.

Lyrics really give rap a bad reputation. A lot of rap haters like rock or metal or somethin' like that. My favorite band is Guns N' Roses. Listne to Appetite For Destruction - it's just as dirty (or even dirtier) than the typical gangsta bling-bling rap album is today.

Rap CAN be artistic and also can not, like all music. I really hate what rap has become. Poetry is an art, and there's alsoa bit of art into making a good beat.

Y'know what's funny? People who bash rap, yet listen to Linkin Park, MCR, AFI, and the like.

Jono2

Quote from: Co-Z on April 09, 2008, 03:07:03 PM
You're all retarded if you generalize about rap.

Not all rap is about gangz, drugz, seckz and moneyz. Today, most of it is, but it began as something else. It began as something anyone could have fun with - whether you're dancing, rhyming, or making beats. 25 years ago, most rap didn't have immoral lyrics. It was all fun, usually meaningless, but not in a bad way.

Lyrics really give rap a bad reputation. A lot of rap haters like rock or metal or somethin' like that. My favorite band is Guns N' Roses. Listne to Appetite For Destruction - it's just as dirty (or even dirtier) than the typical gangsta bling-bling rap album is today.

Rap CAN be artistic and also can not, like all music. I really hate what rap has become. Poetry is an art, and there's alsoa bit of art into making a good beat.

Y'know what's funny? People who bash rap, yet listen to Linkin Park, MCR, AFI, and the like.

I just haven't found any rap that I really like, and I have no reason to go looking for it, because I love my electro pop as it is.

it's not that I hate the genre, it's that I have no reason to like it.

JMV

Quote from: Co-Z on April 09, 2008, 03:07:03 PM
My favorite band is Guns N' Roses. Listne to Appetite For Destruction - it's just as dirty (or even dirtier) than the typical gangsta bling-bling rap album is today.
I posted some lyrics from "You're Crazy" earlier in the thread using that exact example.  8)