Main Menu

Why does most of Nsider hate rap?

Started by phatyo, April 06, 2008, 07:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

Quote from: `Munkey` on April 08, 2008, 02:54:48 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 06, 2008, 07:51:46 PM
Some Nsiders just like Daft Punk too much, I guess....

So is that a bad thing D:? Anyways I myself like most forms of Hip-Hop or Rap in this case. Examples would be the "Wu-Tang Clan", "Kanye West", and heck I even like "Immortal Technique". Some rappers are overly cocky, even though they make poop for music, and therefore I dislike them.

Quote from: Mystic Fury on April 07, 2008, 10:10:34 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on April 07, 2008, 09:29:49 PM
I don't listen to it because I really just don't like the whole culture behind the genre, nor do I like the genre itself... I liked eminem back in the day.

back in the day.

nor do I like hip-hop generally these days... it's mostly the same beat over and over again (OVER AND OVER AGAIN).

electro pop is where it's at (hot chip ftw)
The whole culture? Last I checked, there is more than one rapper?

If I am correct then I think he means, culture as in what the territory that comes with being a rapper.
I believe the word you're looking for is stereotype.

Smashin

They hate it because they like to piss me off.

Pixie

Because they get beat up by rap likers at school lol
(:

Smashin

Quote from: Pixie on April 08, 2008, 06:25:17 PM
Because they get beat up by rap likers at school lol

lol They're probably afraid to say anything to them in real life. So they pick on others online.

CYBER BULLYING IS WRONG.

Jono2

Quote from: Mystic Fury on April 08, 2008, 06:16:56 PM

So is that a bad thing D:? Anyways I myself like most forms of Hip-Hop or Rap in this case. Examples would be the "Wu-Tang Clan", "Kanye West", and heck I even like "Immortal Technique". Some rappers are overly cocky, even though they make poop for music, and therefore I dislike them.

I don't listen to it because I really just don't like the whole culture behind the genre, nor do I like the genre itself... I liked eminem back in the day.

back in the day.

nor do I like hip-hop generally these days... it's mostly the same beat over and over again (OVER AND OVER AGAIN).

If I am correct then I think he means, culture as in what the territory that comes with being a rapper.

there's no christian rap, and everything I hear is about sex, drugs and money.  so why would I have any inscentive whatsoever to look into the genre any more?  I don't like spoken word, so why would I like rap?  it's the same thing with music. :|

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Mystic

Quote from: Jono2 on April 08, 2008, 06:41:07 PM
Quote from: Mystic Fury on April 08, 2008, 06:16:56 PM

back in the day.

there's no christian rap, and everything I hear is about sex, drugs and money.  so why would I have any inscentive whatsoever to look into the genre any more?  I don't like spoken word, so why would I like rap?  it's the same thing with music. :|
1. Rap is music :\
2. I never said you had to like it. I was pointing out that you're idea that rap is one culture is ridiculous and completely false.

Jono2

I never said rap wasn't music. :P

i didn't say it was all one culture... I don't like the culture behind the rap groups.

Java

Quote from: phatyo on April 07, 2008, 07:42:06 PM
Thats why Lil wayne made Lollipop :(

I swear that's the most disgusting song I've ever heard.
I don't even have to listen to the lyrics to think it's disgusting.
I just don't get how anyone can even listen to the song? His voice is just irritating. Maybe he'd be more appealing to dogs...

If supposedly this guy is so great, which I heard from a friend, this song would completely turn me away from looking into his music. It's quite possibly one of the worst songs I have ever heard and this includes Soulja Boy and Ay Bay Bay.

Jono2

Quote from: Java_Java on April 08, 2008, 08:26:10 PM

I just don't get how anyone can even listen to the song? His voice is just irritating. Maybe he'd be more appealing to dogs...

If supposedly this guy is so great, which I heard from a friend, this song would completely turn me away from looking into his music. It's quite possibly one of the worst songs I have ever heard and this includes Soulja Boy and Ay Bay Bay.

lol

The Hot Dog song by Limp Bizkit? :P

Syncopathic

Nothing compares to ay bay bay.

Mystic

Ay Bay Bay is good.
Anything made by Souljaboy sucks. Crank Dat is one of the worst songs ever made.

The best thing SB has ever done is give us Yahh Trick Yahh, and even that is pathetic D:

Zovistograt

Hm, I'll say this though: rap is good in fast-paced electronica.  For example, I'm listening to "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT" by DJ Sharpnel right now.  It's basically a speedy hardcore remix of some otherwise second-rate rap song, but it's just amazing when sped up to chipmunk speed.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Qsmash

You haven't heard Bedroom Boom. ;)

Cardinal

You are completely and utterly misinformed, my friend.

For one, Lollipop shouldn't even be considered as Wayne, because it's a new style he's trying out. He's using a new electronic voice "synthesizer", much like the one T-Pain uses, to add imposed layers to his voice, but only in that one song. The rest of his music is darn good, if I say so myself.

And if you think that's worse than ABB or SB...that's sad. :x

ZGDK

Rap takes no talent. Just write a poem and add a beat.