News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

You know what would be a bad job?

Started by Tupin, April 24, 2008, 07:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

The guy who has to change the gas price signs.

I've seen a few digital signs, but they are still mostly just plastic numbers around here.

Never actually seen anyone changing the signs though, which is surprising because the gas price changed about 3 times this week alone. They have to go out in whatever weather there is and replace numbers. People who do this job must understand the saying, "Don't shoot the messenger."  :P

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kaz

I'm pretty sure they don't hire a guy that only changes the signs. I would think that it would be a sort of side-job for an employee or two that works at the station.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Tupin

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on April 24, 2008, 07:14:01 PM
I'm pretty sure they don't hire a guy that only changes the signs. I would think that it would be a sort of side-job for an employee or two that works at the station.
Yeah, but I wouldn't want to be the one to change the sign.

Ridley

They have a long pole with a suction at the end and pull the numbers off and on. I have seen it done.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Tupin

Quote from: Ridley on April 24, 2008, 07:56:25 PM
They have a long pole with a suction at the end and pull the numbers off and on. I have seen it done.
The ones near me are at ground level.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 24, 2008, 07:58:22 PM

even easier then.  I don't think it's that big of a deal around here...I mean, gas prices are high, but they're not rising at such a rate that would justify rebellion.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kilroy

Quote from: Zovistograt on April 25, 2008, 05:36:01 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 24, 2008, 07:58:22 PM

even easier then.  I don't think it's that big of a deal around here...I mean, gas prices are high, but they're not rising at such a rate that would justify rebellion.
Someone around here was tackled to the ground while changing the sign >_>
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

RevolutionSoldier

You know what would be even worse jobs. Insurance salesman, bill collector, or telemarketer.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Doodle

Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on April 26, 2008, 07:22:38 PM
You know what would be even worse jobs. Insurance salesman, bill collector, or telemarketer.

I always get the Asian telemarketers you can't understand. :(
YEAH

Kilroy

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on April 26, 2008, 07:26:41 PM

Recordings are worse.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

major tom

RevolutionSoldier

Quote from: Olimar on April 26, 2008, 07:27:51 PM
Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on April 26, 2008, 07:26:41 PM

Recordings are worse.

I hate it when I have to lessen to a machine on the other end of the phone.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Zovistograt

actually, being a telemarketer might be fun.  As long as you do what you're supposed to (which is to pitch a product or service), you can get pretty creative to try to get the people to stay on the phone :)
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on April 26, 2008, 08:58:12 PM
actually, being a telemarketer might be fun.  As long as you do what you're supposed to (which is to pitch a product or service), you can get pretty creative to try to get the people to stay on the phone :)
I never answer them in the first place.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Zovistograt on April 26, 2008, 08:58:12 PM
Speaking in really fast japanese doesn't work.