News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Book review (feedback?)

Started by Metalbott, May 03, 2008, 07:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalbott

A book review of Angels and Demons. Feedback greatly appreciated. This is my first ever book review, so I'm still learning how to write them.   ;)

Angels and Demons Review

Dan Brown?s writing often blends fiction with factual information. At the beginning of the novel, a ?Fact? segment quickly reveals that the historical brotherhood and scientific lab heavily involved in the storyline are/were in fact in existence. Also at the beginning of the book are maps of Rome and Vatican city, along with a note stating that all reference to landmarks and architecture is accurate. Both these really help the setting; Italy, come alive from the pages. Furthering the setting is the small use of the foreign language from time to time.

Readers who experienced ?The Davinci Code? will see similarities between both of Brown?s works. Not only is Angels and Demons it?s prequel, but both titles involve many plot twists, mystery and some religious influence.

Sitting right on a time bomb is Vatican City. A new pope is to be chosen, yet the four preferit are in captivity of an Anti-Christian group. Throughout, each of them suffer horrible events. Readers follow Robert Langdon and Vittoria Vetra through a series of clues left by the events forming a read that is highly intelligent, funny and provocative.

Tupin

It was short.

It really doesn't tell me much about the book...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Miiman56

too lazy to read so i'll say good job :)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Metalbott on May 03, 2008, 07:08:47 PM

Angels and Demons Review
needs more original title???
Dan Brown?s writing often blends fiction with factual information.
clich?d start...
Quote from: Metalbott on May 03, 2008, 07:08:47 PMAt the beginning of the novel, a ?Fact? segment quickly reveals that the historical brotherhood and scientific lab heavily involved in the storyline are/were in fact in existence.
are/were?  what tense are we in?
Quote from: Metalbott on May 03, 2008, 07:08:47 PMAlso
Quote from: Metalbott on May 03, 2008, 07:08:47 PMinsert comma at the beginning of the book are maps of Rome and Vatican city, along with a note stating that all reference to landmarks and architecture is accurate. Both
insert "of" here
Quote from: Metalbott on May 03, 2008, 07:08:47 PMthese really help the setting; Italy, come alive from the pages.
FRAGMENT ALERT!  Should be: "Both of these really help the setting; Italy comes alive from the pages."
Quote from: Metalbott on May 03, 2008, 07:08:47 PMFurthering the setting is the small use of the foreign language from time to time.
This is short and undetailed so far...

Readers who experienced ?The Davinci Code? will see similarities between both of Brown?s works.
SUPER GENERAL, so much so that I don't get anything from that
Quote from: Metalbott on May 03, 2008, 07:08:47 PMNot only is Angels and Demons it?s prequel, but both titles involve many plot twists, mystery and some religious influence.
still nothing juicy

Sitting right on a time bomb is Vatican City. A new pope is to be chosen, yet the four preferit are in captivity of an Anti-Christian group. Throughout, each of them suffer horrible events. Readers follow Robert Langdon and Vittoria Vetra through a series of clues left by the events forming a read that is highly intelligent, funny and provocative.
bleh, no analysis!!!

go write a few more pages and get back to us D:
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Smashin

Review was uninformative, the book was good though. Better than The Da Vinci Code.

BOSSNIG

I learned nothing at all D:.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER