News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Does homework at your school count for anything?

Started by Tupin, May 07, 2008, 07:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

At my school, the only thing homework related that goes into your grade is the fact that you completed it.

Next year, it won't count for anything.

What about you?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

HTA!

10% of my grade.

And we usually have none.
However, my stupid English teacher decided to put the 4 books a quarter we had to read down as homework, just for the lulz.
So now the reading isnt worth S***

Dawei

Out of all the classes I get it it matters, except Math. Last year I passed with an A and had a 40% homework completion average.

bluaki

In most of my classes it's between 30-40% of my grade. It's almost always just completion grades, teacher doesn't care if you are some idiot who doesn't understand the concept at all as long as it looks like you wrote some stuff and what you thought were answers for each question.

Kaz

Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. Just depends on the course. My College Writing II class requires a paper turned in almost every day, so that course's grade is pretty much entirely based on homework. My Biology class, on the other hand, has absolutely no homework.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

えっちーせんぱい

Some classes its 25%, others its 15 or 10. Eitherway I'm forced to do it.

Totla

Only in LA and Science. Other classes you can pass without doing any homework.

Triforce_Luigi

Yes. They grade and average it, then it is 40% percent of the total grade.

Jono2

thankfully, yes.  as I complete my homework well but do poopty on tests.

it's usually between 10% and 20%.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Magnum

Some of my classes are only homework. :| No test, quizes, assignment, just homework.

AND IT WILL NOT HELP ME IN THE REAL WORLD AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! MY TEACHERS EVEN AGREE WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Jono2

Quote from: MagnumSonic on May 07, 2008, 09:46:44 PM
Some of my classes are only homework. :| No test, quizes, assignment, just homework.

AND IT WILL NOT HELP ME IN THE REAL WORLD AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! MY TEACHERS EVEN AGREE WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it gives you more work ethic than writing tests.  tests are a very arbitrary examination of what you actually know.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Macawmoses

Sometimes, for Math it is only 5%, while the rest it depends on what you call "homework." I get papers and stuff to do that are worth 20% or more in some classes.

Matt

It is good amount of my grade, though you just need proof you did... Whether it is wrong or not. I still don't do it, but intercourse ... I am going to summer school anyways, so no point as of now.

Kilroy

Most of my teachers give us "Magical Classwork"

"If you don't finish it in class, when you put it in your binder, it slowly changes into Homework!"

Yeah, that's what my 6th grade Math Teacher called it :P
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT