Main Menu

Underrated characters

Started by Ridley, May 15, 2008, 07:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: tibar21 on August 07, 2008, 07:25:45 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on August 07, 2008, 07:22:59 PM
Quote from: tibar21 on August 07, 2008, 07:21:07 PM
i wasn't bragging. i proved that zsmaus's tether recovery is really good. maybe not against the most advanced players, but against average players.
That doesn't make it useful though... X_X;;
yes it does, because most smash players are average.
*looks at most people here*...uh...I doubt that... X_X;;

tibar21

so you're saying most smah players are advanced gamers. That's bull. Most smash players are casual gamers.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Nayrman

Quote from: tibar21 on August 07, 2008, 07:30:48 PM
so you're saying most smah players are advanced gamers. That's bull. Most smash players are casual gamers.
*most people HERE*
If Nintendo had their way only babies and grandma would be playing Smash X_X;;
Also, you're missing the point completely... >_>

Dawei

Any smasher that is smart enough to edgehog in the first place is smart enough to renew their invincibility frames. Please, stop trying. You are completely retarded. You are not making yourself look any better. You're the only person in the entire world that thinks it's a good recovery.

tibar21

Quote from: Nayrman on August 07, 2008, 07:32:20 PM
*most people HERE*
i wasn't talking about smash players *here* i was talking about smash players in general.

Nayrman

Quote from: tibar21 on August 07, 2008, 07:52:53 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on August 07, 2008, 07:32:20 PM
*most people HERE*
i wasn't talking about smash players *here* i was talking about smash players in general.
Edgeguarding is still a basic concept...they even use it in J.U.S. X_X;;
If the point is to keep ppl off the stage, taking away the edge which saves people is only a natural idea for people to have. Besides, the second you try to use that in a competitive match you are immediatley screwed...

JrDude

Some of you said that an edge guarding would prevent ZSS from recovering. Well a while ago, on a "With anyone" match, someone tried to edge guard my recovery, they did it a little early so when I used ^B, it pulled him off into an instant death while I succesfully recovered.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Dawei

They need to learn to hug the edge well? It doesn't make up for the fact that it's a terrible recovery. I'll admit her overall recovery is better than Olimar's thanks to her down b though.

Java

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 07, 2008, 01:42:32 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on August 07, 2008, 01:36:34 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 06, 2008, 06:53:40 PM
ZSS isn't under rated, but no one really uses her enough to develop her meta game.

The low weight and tether recovery hurt her a lot, but she is one of the few character who actually have moves that combo into each other.
How does tether recovery hurt her?

Or...unless you're talking about her Up Special.
Precisely.
Since that's her only form of recovery, it is easily gimped. (She is unable to recover due to edge guarding)
Ah. I thought you meant tether recovery as in the ability that Link, Samus, and Shiek share.

QingXin

Quote from: JrDude on August 07, 2008, 09:52:45 PM
Some of you said that an edge guarding would prevent ZSS from recovering. Well a while ago, on a "With anyone" match, someone tried to edge guard my recovery, they did it a little early so when I used ^B, it pulled him off into an instant death while I succesfully recovered.
How did you successfully recover? As an avid Zero Suit Samus user, I've seen that and done that many times, and it's almost impossible to recover after doing it. Yeah, you almost instantly KO your opponent, but you still don't recover >_> It's sort of a trump card, I guess.

Besides, if you successfully recovered, how did you hit them with the Plasma Wire? It only hits when it doesn't snap onto the ledge, but to recover, it does snap on the ledge, so you're kinda contradicting yourself :|

I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you're saying, though.

tibar21

just because a move has a weakness doesn't mean it sucks.

CommanderFlint

Quote from: tibar21 on August 08, 2008, 02:56:16 PM
It just means there's much better recoveries out there then. >_> Snake's, Pit's, Rob's, etc.

tibar21

Quote from: CommanderFlint on August 08, 2008, 03:13:33 PM
It just means there's much better recoveries out there then. >_> Snake's, Pit's, Rob's, etc.
are you kidding when snake uses his to get back up to the edge you just grab him and throw him back over the edge. Pit's leaves him vulnrable to all kinds of attacks even though he can go really far with it. but ROB's doesn't really have a weakness.

Nayrman

Quote from: tibar21 on August 08, 2008, 03:19:56 PM
Quote from: CommanderFlint on August 08, 2008, 03:13:33 PM
are you kidding when snake uses his to get back up to the edge you just grab him and throw him back over the edge. Pit's leaves him vulnrable to all kinds of attacks even though he can go really far with it. but ROB's doesn't really have a weakness.
Snake's recovery is good because he can't flinch when using the Cypher at certain points, also he can still use all of his other attacks once he lets go of it (not to mention it still goes pretty high). Pit has the best recovery in the game what are you talking about? X_X;;

QingXin

Quote from: tibar21 on August 08, 2008, 03:19:56 PM
Ummm... What? Snake's recovery is amazing. And if Cypher does fail for any reason, he can easily C4 recover, which is pretty good.

Pit has the best recovery. I have really no idea where you're getting that it's less than great.