News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Mario Sluggers

Started by Macawmoses, May 19, 2008, 11:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

We all know Nintendo loves exploiting their plumber in every possible means, but really, when it comes to not so real sport games....they do a good job. Mario Strikers Charged and Mario Kart Wii are both excellent titles, and it is high time Wii Sports' Baseball got some competition, which is where Super Mario Sluggers comes in.

[spoiler= Big Image][/spoiler]

Quote from: NintendoBatter Up, Super Sluggers!

Step up to the plate with Mario and friends. Make the intuitive Wii Remote controller your bat as you dominate the diamond with Mario, Luigi, Peach and the rest of the gang!

-- Simple, Active Controls: Rookies and veterans alike will be hittin' it home in no time. Simply swing the Wii Remote controller like a bat, or use a pitching motion to test your strike power from the mound!

-- Live the Dream: Show your face at the plate; play as your Mii!

-- Play Ball! ...With Friends: Up to four players can challenge one another on a single Wii console. Go nine innings or try one of the minigames - including a home run contest!

-- Stadium Mania: Select from nine unique stadiums - everything from an ice-filled castle to an urban cityscape! Many stadiums can be acccessed day or night, allowing double-headers under the lights!

Dust off your cleats! It's time to play ball!

-http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/mQUJKyuhSvoByoNYTahPTY6ln-H-_ZtE#features

We also know a few other things, through speculation and other sources, such as Night cycles, and other things......

So, is this a title that interests you?

SkyMyl

I'll most likely try to pick it up, seeing as I couldn't pick up the first one.

I hope Mii is playable. ;D

Shujinco2

Gwen Khan

I'm looking forward to it

Tupin

Meh, I wasn't a fan of the GCN one but this one looks OK.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Java

This doesn't look half bad, but I doubt I'll be getting it.

I'm a fan of the Mario spin-offs, but I don't want to go overboard.

I already have: Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, and I'm looking to get Mario Kart Wii.

Water ☮

I will most likely get it, just not on the release date. I loved the first one.

jnfs2014

I loved the 1st one as well. I'll get it.

JrDude

I'll probably at least rent it, dunno about buying it though.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Giga

I liked the first one, and this one seems to be good too, so I'll probably get it.

Light

The use of the Wiimote looks very innovative, and should add to the new game's replay value! =D This game will be fun at parties... yes, I will most likely get it.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Shujinco2

I hope they keep Dixie Kong in. She was my star pitcher, believe it or not. :D

I also hope Shadow Mario, seperate from Bowser Jr., gets in.

Light

Quote from: Shujinco on May 22, 2008, 12:52:39 PM

Shadow Mario doesn't stand much of a chance; expect Rosalina to make some sort of appearance, though.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Shujinco2

Quote from: LightningSword on May 22, 2008, 01:33:56 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on May 22, 2008, 12:52:39 PM

Shadow Mario doesn't stand much of a chance; expect Rosalina to make some sort of appearance, though.
He would be such a good character though! He already has a bat (Paint brush), and can run and such, why not?

And yeah, Rolsalina is an OBVIOUS choice. :|

Nayrman

No, merely because I've played the first and the "arcade" style of baseball is long dead and will remain that way.
Also, Nintendo needs to spend more time on actual Mario games rather than the annoying spin-offs. RPG's are good, Kart good (since it's a nice sidestep and has been around for a LONG time), and Golf are good (since it actually plays like all the golf games, with just a Mario twist). Please Nintendo, enough of the Mario crud. I want Mario Galaxy 2 rather than this X_X;;