Main Menu

I got a laptop.

Started by Silverhawk79, May 20, 2008, 04:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L10

Quote from: Blaziken on May 20, 2008, 04:03:13 PM
Quote from: Lichig0 on May 20, 2008, 03:34:48 PM
Quote from: Blaziken on May 20, 2008, 03:29:23 PM
That sounds like you wasn't taking care of your computer very well.
Ummm, I resent that, I discovered that people that have have tones of software installed on Windows, it will become unstable and just have a melt down, and then very similar problems will show up.
I have loads of programs on mines, and the only one I know that gives me problems is my USB Access Point, because the Driver I had to modify isn't very stable.
probably not enough programs.
0o!f

Syncopathic

Quote from: Lichig0 on May 20, 2008, 04:05:08 PM
Ummm, I resent that, I discovered that people that have have tones of software installed on Windows, it will become unstable and just have a melt down, and then very similar problems will show up.
I have loads of programs on mines, and the only one I know that gives me problems is my USB Access Point, because the Driver I had to modify isn't very stable.
The OS depends on the user, not on how many programs you have installed.
If it crashed, you probably caused it.
I have XP and it never crashes on me.

L10

Quote from: Sceptile on May 20, 2008, 04:15:41 PM
too many programs can affect it also, and if I'm abusing Windows it just makes me want to use it less if it can't handle such simple things.
0o!f

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Lichig0 on May 20, 2008, 04:46:03 PM
too many programs can affect it also, and if I'm abusing Windows it just makes me want to use it less if it can't handle such simple things.
You'd need to do it intenionally then, Not even the advanced user would have that many programs on a computer to make it run slower.

LinkXLR

Hot.

Get some Orange Box on thar.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

L10

Quote from: Blaziken on May 20, 2008, 05:07:40 PM
Quote from: Lichig0 on May 20, 2008, 04:46:03 PM
You'd need to do it intenionally then, Not even the advanced user would have that many programs on a computer to make it run slower.
Well I'm not doing it on purpose, I'm not the only one with these issues, if you look around on any of the Linux's forums that people have similar problems, and there is a specific topic in the Ubuntu forums that I noticed many of the same problems, the topic had to do with why people left Windows...but if you don't have enough to make Windows unstable then fine use it, but When I use Linux, i have almost no problems, and if there is one I can actually fix it because I can get "inside" and repair the problem.
0o!f

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Silverhawk79

Quote from: LinkXLR on May 20, 2008, 05:33:17 PM
Hot.

I'm seeing if it can run the programs first.

LinkXLR

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on May 20, 2008, 08:13:56 PM
Hot.

I hope you checked the Video Card before buying...

Silverhawk79

Quote from: LinkXLR on May 20, 2008, 08:28:43 PM
Hot.

It's not a gaming card, but it can still run it.

LinkXLR

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on May 20, 2008, 08:35:23 PM
Quote from: LinkXLR on May 20, 2008, 08:28:43 PM
Hot.

It's not a gaming card, but it can still run it.
Awesome add meh
KarthXLR

Kaz

Quote from: Lichig0 on May 20, 2008, 03:22:50 PM
Everything...
Explorer will crash all the time, Mozilla and Pidgin both don't work well in Windows, it has issues connecting to the internet, it takes FOREVER to do anything(or compared to Linux Forever), login takes like 5 min, turns off randomly(usually when I'm sleeping or at school), is open to annoying viruses/ad-ware, its not open to be modified if there is a problem, it needs retarded drivers to notice something in USB, and the most annoying thing about it, it thinks it knows better than I do.....like WHAT FUCKING HARD DRIVE TO FORMAT!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

guess what

Your computer sucks or you suck at using it. I have a poopty Dell laptop and yet Firefox and Pidgin work beautifully. Turns off randomly? Haha. Never had that happen with any version of Windows. I only needed a driver for my printer. Everything else I use is plug-n-play or whatever. No drivers needed.

I'm not the biggest fan of Windows either, but I know how to stop myself from exaggerating how bad it is. It's not as unstable as you seem to think it is.

Overall, my want for a nice Macbook still overweighs my liking for this current poopty laptop, so I'll most likely be buying a Macbook before the next college semester.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

extraz

L10

Quote from: Kaz on May 20, 2008, 10:58:35 PM
Everything...
Explorer will crash all the time, Mozilla and Pidgin both don't work well in Windows, it has issues connecting to the internet, it takes FOREVER to do anything(or compared to Linux Forever), login takes like 5 min, turns off randomly(usually when I'm sleeping or at school), is open to annoying viruses/ad-ware, its not open to be modified if there is a problem, it needs retarded drivers to notice something in USB, and the most annoying thing about it, it thinks it knows better than I do.....like WHAT FUCKING HARD DRIVE TO FORMAT!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

guess what

Your computer sucks or you suck at using it. I have a poopty Dell laptop and yet Firefox and Pidgin work beautifully. Turns off randomly? Haha. Never had that happen with any version of Windows. I only needed a driver for my printer. Everything else I use is plug-n-play or whatever. No drivers needed.

I'm not the biggest fan of Windows either, but I know how to stop myself from exaggerating how bad it is. It's not as unstable as you seem to think it is.

Overall, my want for a nice Macbook still overweighs my liking for this current poopty laptop, so I'll most likely be buying a Macbook before the next college semester.
I'm not exaggerating
0o!f

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Lichig0 on May 21, 2008, 03:32:07 AM
Quote from: Kaz on May 20, 2008, 10:58:35 PM
Everything...

guess what

I'm not exaggerating
I'm pretty sure we both aren't stupid. You're the stupid one here.