Started by StarWindWizard7, October 02, 2007, 03:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawei

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 09, 2008, 06:34:13 PM
Quote from: Dawei on January 09, 2008, 06:27:51 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 09, 2008, 06:21:58 PM
Quote from: Dawei on January 09, 2008, 06:02:30 PM
Quote from: Depster on January 09, 2008, 05:35:26 PM
But remember dawei, those of us here that can't do those won't be affected since they aren't in Brawl.  Either way, I really really want to play Bloshi's Yoshi =]
Most things are in Brawl, just in a different way. And even then, you will have to learn to do the things in Brawl. ALSO MINDGAMES

Ledge hop is most certainly in Brawl and L-cacleing as well.
Who ever said that no advanced techniques were being put in.
Gimpy said Ledgehop isn't as useful because of the new floatiness factor, and L-canceling is different. But no lag at all after it!  ;D

Good.

I forgot... is there wavedashing?
Not really. Because of the new-air dodge engine, you dodge using momentum, not Control-stick. Though you can waveland using moves that "bring you to the ground" like Mario's Bair. With that said, technically you could wave dash with Peach by float-cancelling and then using her dair.

HTA!

Quote from: Dawei on January 09, 2008, 06:39:28 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 09, 2008, 06:34:13 PM
Quote from: Dawei on January 09, 2008, 06:27:51 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 09, 2008, 06:21:58 PM
Quote from: Dawei on January 09, 2008, 06:02:30 PM
Quote from: Depster on January 09, 2008, 05:35:26 PM
But remember dawei, those of us here that can't do those won't be affected since they aren't in Brawl.  Either way, I really really want to play Bloshi's Yoshi =]
Most things are in Brawl, just in a different way. And even then, you will have to learn to do the things in Brawl. ALSO MINDGAMES

Ledge hop is most certainly in Brawl and L-cacleing as well.
Who ever said that no advanced techniques were being put in.
Gimpy said Ledgehop isn't as useful because of the new floatiness factor, and L-canceling is different. But no lag at all after it!  ;D

Good.

I forgot... is there wavedashing?
Not really. Because of the new-air dodge engine, you dodge using momentum, not Control-stick. Though you can waveland using moves that "bring you to the ground" like Mario's Bair. With that said, technically you could wave dash with Peach by float-cancelling and then using her dair.

Tch...

Ah well, not very useful for me unless i used luigi anyway.

However, this ruins some of Fox's more complex comboes.

Depster

That's why I said the really good players aren't as good, they can't pull their old combos.

And who said I don't use mindgames?  My friends can barely touch me...  :P

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

DRIFTYOSHIZERO11

Quote from: Depster on January 09, 2008, 07:09:46 PM
That's why I said the really good players aren't as good, they can't pull their old combos.

Mind tricks are always a good thing. The oppent won't find you as predictable.
YOU DON'T MESS WITH THAT!!!!

Ridley

I am able to do all of those. ;D Also my main is Bowser but for the good players I use Marth. ;)
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Dawei

Quote from: Ridley on January 09, 2008, 08:47:47 PM
I am able to do all of those. ;D Also my main is Bowser but for the good players I use Marth. ;)
EXPLAIN THEM!

You haven't said anything before, and since most people don't know what they are talking about here, I'm kind of suspicious... <_>

Ridley

L-canceling is pressing L right before you land your aerial and speed up recovery time, wavelanding  is when your landing on a platform and you wave dash, wavedashing is short hopping then air dodging toward the ground here by allowing you to do any attack out of it, and for other things shield grabbing and other crap such as wave shielding which is wave dashing out of the shield. Happy now?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Dawei

Better than I expected, that is for sure. Makes me feel less alone.

Though you don't need to short hop to wavedash. All that matters is how soon you airdodge into the ground.

StarWindWizard7

:robotindifferent:

Uhh,

Like before we get in a debate over something like this using techs, let's atleast wait and see
if some if not all these techs are in SSBB in the 1st place...

In SSBM, Techs like those played a factor, but we are still unsure.

As the Scheudle I listed said, we will practice by ourselves, AND THEN fight against eachother.

You think we are just gonna go challenging anybody in the 1st 1-3 months of SSBB release?

Please don't take things out of context.  :-\

*is not feeling good*

*goes to lay down*

Shujinco2

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on January 09, 2008, 09:40:32 PM

Uhh,

Like before we get in a debate over something like this using techs, let's atleast wait and see

As the Scheudle I listed said, we will practice by ourselves, AND THEN fight against eachother.

You think we are just gonna go challenging anybody in the 1st 1-3 months of SSBB release?

*is not feeling good*

*goes to lay down*
Star, we gotta get that alien embreo out of your stomach! :O

BTW, Wavedashing sounds HARDER now! :'(

I can barely pull it off as it is!

Above ALL else, though, we MUST know if L-Canceling is in the game. It would be a VERY quick thing to pull off, AND it's a MAJORLY important technique.

HTA!

Quote from: Depster on January 09, 2008, 07:09:46 PM

Wrong again.

Pros didnt rely on all those techs to be great, they have underlying skill that wont go away because you can still shorthop and l-cancel.

The one tech that is eliminated, wavedashing, is not the end all tech because half of the characters dont even have that much of a use for it.

gbwyoshi

Well Star I will get some sort of rival list ready on the NS2 side.

And SmashRevolution is still part of NS2 since it is mostly their members split on both forums.

Ridley

Quote from: Dawei on January 09, 2008, 09:19:39 PM
Better than I expected, that is for sure. Makes me feel less alone.

Though you don't need to short hop to wavedash. All that matters is how soon you airdodge into the ground.

Why thank you but I won't know if this helps in Brawl. I'm sure people will find things though anyway !@ Macor. Still think you can beat me?
...It's quite obvious...

Dawei

Quote from: Shujinco on January 09, 2008, 10:23:21 PM

Uhh,

*is not feeling good*

*goes to lay down*

Above ALL else, though, we MUST know if L-Canceling is in the game. It would be a VERY quick thing to pull off, AND it's a MAJORLY important technique.
To L-cancel in Brawl, you fast-fall before you do the aerial. And now, instead of just canceling half of the lag, it cancels all lag.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Dawei on January 10, 2008, 07:18:09 AM
Quote from: Shujinco on January 09, 2008, 10:23:21 PM

Uhh,

*is not feeling good*

*goes to lay down*

To L-cancel in Brawl, you fast-fall before you do the aerial. And now, instead of just canceling half of the lag, it cancels all lag.
Where are you getting all this info? ????