News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

A Tribute to the Sega Dreamcast

Started by DSWiiMaster42, June 11, 2008, 07:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

The Genesis had online, so did the Saturn and even the SNES which had to use a third party adapter.

But it didn't take off until the Dreamcast. Until the Dreamcast came out, people thought that online gaming was a gimmick.

The only really good Saturn game was NiGHTS.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DSWiiMaster42

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 29, 2008, 02:58:41 PM
Same here, and also Shining Force 3. Other than that, all the other games on Saturn either:

A: Sucked, or...
B: Were on other consoles.

And not to mention, the commercials sucked, it was the highest-priced console on the market back then, and the processor was so huge that it was a ninny to program for.

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)

Kaz

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 29, 2008, 02:58:41 PM

If you were a shmup fan like me, you'd say there were a poopload of good games. The Saturn just isn't for people who only play the genres that are most popular today.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Level_9_Chao

Funny, I just bought a Dreamcast with Crazy Taxi and Space Channel 5 and Jet Grind (both new, surprisingly). The whole shebang cost around 60 bucks but it was worth it, I think. I hope. >.>
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Kaz

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on July 11, 2008, 09:35:48 PM
Funny, I just bought a Dreamcast with Crazy Taxi and Space Channel 5 and Jet Grind (both new, surprisingly). The whole shebang cost around 60 bucks but it was worth it, I think. I hope. >.>

Not really. More like $45, and that's only if you got two controllers and at least one VMU.

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Kaz on July 12, 2008, 12:02:51 PM

Not really. More like $45, and that's only if you got two controllers and at least one VMU.

System w/ one controller was $30, VMU was 5, games were 10 each for unopened, 3 for used. 58 bucks.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Kaz

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on July 12, 2008, 03:05:47 PM
Quote from: Kaz on July 12, 2008, 12:02:51 PM

System w/ one controller was $30, VMU was 5, games were 10 each for unopened, 3 for used. 58 bucks.

Realistically, a system with two controllers and a VMU is worth $30. The game prices vary a lot, though.