Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 19, 2008, 04:02:00 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 19, 2008, 01:46:23 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 19, 2008, 10:12:37 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 19, 2008, 04:20:59 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 18, 2008, 07:45:19 PM
Quote from: Unknown0 on June 18, 2008, 07:24:47 PM
I wish.  Looks like it deserved a 10.

...Unlike GTAIV.  Which I HAVE played.

I was never into the series that much.  But cmon, GTA?
Both deserve a solid 10.

And I've played both.
GTA does not deserve a ten. Maybe an 8 or 9 but it was no where near perfect X_X;;
Yeah, but it deserves a 10 because the replay value is limitless.

There's SO much to do.
10 means perfect...not "close" or "has a lot to do" and such. There are so many flaws in the GTA series. MGS4 truely deserves it's ten
Yeah, it does.

It doesn't mean I am going to stop playing GTA, though.

You realize that no game is perfect, right? No game is ABSOLUTELY perfect and has no absolutely problems whatsoever.
OoT and MGS4 only have picky flaws which is why I put it into my "perfect" category. The few flaws it has are rather picky. GTA  and Halo have plenty of real flaws which is why I always get annoyed when people and places say "ZOMG TEH BEEEEST GAME EVA!LOLWUT!"
Yeah, GTA IV has a few problems. Why did they take out all of the planes?  :|

But yeah, MGS4 is awesome, and I would buy it if I had money and my brother wasn't taking the PS3 to college.
I'm starting my second playthrough tomorrow. No way in hell am I trying to get the Big Boss Emblem though. I just want to mess around, get all the camo's, and take pics of stuff.
BEST...ENDING....EVER

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on June 19, 2008, 04:27:37 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 19, 2008, 04:21:45 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 19, 2008, 04:19:01 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 19, 2008, 04:02:00 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 19, 2008, 01:46:23 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 19, 2008, 10:12:37 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 19, 2008, 04:20:59 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 18, 2008, 07:45:19 PM
Quote from: Unknown0 on June 18, 2008, 07:24:47 PM
I wish.  Looks like it deserved a 10.

...Unlike GTAIV.  Which I HAVE played.

I was never into the series that much.  But cmon, GTA?
Both deserve a solid 10.

And I've played both.
GTA does not deserve a ten. Maybe an 8 or 9 but it was no where near perfect X_X;;
Yeah, but it deserves a 10 because the replay value is limitless.

There's SO much to do.
10 means perfect...not "close" or "has a lot to do" and such. There are so many flaws in the GTA series. MGS4 truely deserves it's ten
Yeah, it does.

It doesn't mean I am going to stop playing GTA, though.

You realize that no game is perfect, right? No game is ABSOLUTELY perfect and has no absolutely problems whatsoever.
OoT and MGS4 only have picky flaws which is why I put it into my "perfect" category. The few flaws it has are rather picky. GTA  and Halo have plenty of real flaws which is why I always get annoyed when people and places say "ZOMG TEH BEEEEST GAME EVA!LOLWUT!"
Yeah, GTA IV has a few problems. Why did they take out all of the planes?  :|

But yeah, MGS4 is awesome, and I would buy it if I had money and my brother wasn't taking the PS3 to college.
I'm starting my second playthrough tomorrow. No way in hell am I trying to get the Big Boss Emblem though. I just want to mess around, get all the camo's, and take pics of stuff.
BEST...ENDING....EVER

I know!

I almost cried at the end. (Because it's the last MGS game Kojima is making ;-;)

Who would have thought, that [spoiler]Big boss was still alive?[/spoiler]

Raiden vs. Vamp was still epic.

and Snake vs. Ocelot was so cool!
[spoiler]especially at the end where Snake beats the poop out of him. Kind of makes you feel bad for the original ocelot. Stupid Liquid...[/spoiler]

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Nayrman

Big Boss still alive was the ultimate shocker...
sucks for Solidus tho X_X;;
Last boss was kinda anti-climactic tho

CommanderFlint

Beat it two days ago.

Epic battle, if the MGS theme played in that battle and the ending, it would had rocked.

CommanderFlint

The Sorrow and Psycho Mantis's cameos were nice too.

Nayrman

Quote from: CommanderFlint on June 20, 2008, 04:14:17 PM
The Sorrow and Psycho Mantis's cameos were nice too.
Psycho Mantis was a main plot point at the end...he wasnt just a cameo (alhtough I did love his little freak-out at the end there. "No memory card? WHAT!? NO RUMBLE EITHER!?!?!?!"

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on June 20, 2008, 12:38:10 PM

Use spoiler tags plz.  >:( >:(

[spoiler]Yeah. Solidus was turned exra crispy.. and then fell off a building 10 years later XD[/spoiler]

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on June 20, 2008, 06:46:29 PM

[spoiler]Yeah. Solidus was turned exra crispy.. and then fell off a building 10 years later XD[/spoiler]
It's obvious this thread has spoilers X_X;;

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on June 21, 2008, 08:22:27 AM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on June 20, 2008, 06:46:29 PM

It's obvious this thread has spoilers X_X;;

some people are stupid enough to do it.
We don't want another Brawl spoiler fiasco on our asses again.

Nayrman

If they're stupid enough to think otherwise, they deserve it X_X;;

Well, just finished "Big Boss Hard" difficulty. I'm not trying Big Boss Extreme...no way am I daring enough to try that.
Somethings I found different from Liquid easy:
Well, obviously you do a WHOLE lot less damage and they do a poop load more to you. Gekko's are the biggest pain in the ass during the Shadow Moses levels. Bosses...not too hard oddly enough. The only hard one was Screaming Mantis cuz you couldn't hide under stuff to regain health. Although I did finish off Crying Wolf with a sniper headshot (To quote the TF2 sniper: "Boom, headshot") with a quarter health left. For some reason I always get lucky with this boss.
Also, the AI is pretty amazing at times. They actually regrouped after I knocked one of them out and did a triangle formation to make sure I had to use the stun guns to take them out (rather than my favorite CQC choke hold).
Also, funny thing happened in Act 3 start, the mission where you have to tail a resistance member. If you turn around after you walk past a corner (it doesn't matter, just after you pass any old corner), you'll notice the three Gekko-mini's following you in that suit. It's rather amusing that they went into that great a detail.
Also, I wish more boss fights were like Psycho Mantis...everything seems mundane after him X_X;;

Tupin

Just started Act 2.

Poor Sunny can't cook eggs.  :(

Also, I found a pretty cool easter egg. If you take control of the Mark II during that cutscene and go up to where Sunny is, she unpacks a PS3 and a PSP.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 22, 2008, 02:55:26 PM
Just started Act 2.

Also, I found a pretty cool easter egg. If you take control of the Mark II during that cutscene and go up to where Sunny is, she unpacks a PS3 and a PSP.
yea. I knew that one. Saw it on youtube and didn't care to do it in the game. I still can't get the freakin Altair constume tho X_X;;

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 22, 2008, 02:58:36 PM
Just started Act 2.

yea. I knew that one. Saw it on youtube and didn't care to do it in the game. I still can't get the freakin Altair constume tho X_X;;
That's what it's called? Seriously?

I thought he looked like Altair too.

It might be in a locker in the first chapter. You know, the tunnels.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 22, 2008, 03:02:16 PM
Just started Act 2.

No, thats the "resistance" costume. There is an altair costume from Assasin's Creed which you can unlock (Ubisoft helped with the motion capture I believe during prodcution of Assasin's Creed). It has the highest base camo besides being completley invisible (which you get for beating Big Boss Extreme I think)

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 22, 2008, 03:06:03 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 22, 2008, 03:02:16 PM
Just started Act 2.

No, thats the "resistance" costume. There is an altair costume from Assasin's Creed which you can unlock (Ubisoft helped with the motion capture I believe during prodcution of Assasin's Creed). It has the highest base camo besides being completley invisible (which you get for beating Big Boss Extreme I think)
Maybe you have to beat him on the absolute highest level.