Main Menu

I just sent my name to the moon.

Started by Tupin, June 17, 2008, 12:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

NASA is having this website set up where anyone can put in their name, and it will be programmed onto a microchip of a space probe that is going to land on the moon later this year. I already put my name in there, along with everyone in my family.

Here's the site, in case you want your name to exist forever in a microchip in the lunar soil, because after they use the satellite for what they need it for, I think they are crash landing it on the moon.  :robotwink:

http://lro.jhuapl.edu/NameToMoon/index.php

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

Freaking sweet. I'll add my name later.

I thought you put your name on a piece of paper and tied it to a balloon for a minute. ;D

Tupin

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on June 17, 2008, 12:09:30 PM
Freaking sweet. I'll add my name later.

I thought you put your name on a piece of paper and tied it to a balloon for a minute. ;D
Pffft.

It would pop at around 25,000 feet due to the differences in atmospheric pressure. XD

Zovistograt

First name: Zovistograt
Last name: I did it for the lulz ^_^

First name: LOL
Last name: WUT

what else...oh right this is NASA

whoops
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kilroy

The deadline is my birthday.

I think I'll have some fun with this. I already sent my family names
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Zovistograt

hank you Lyrics to Wara ningyo ni, wara ningyo ni, wara ningyo ni gossun gossun gosun kugi~!! Yi er san yi er san one two three one two three ichi ni san, yi er san yi er san one two three one two three ichi ni san, yi er san yi er san one two three one two three ichi ni san, Eins zwei guten morgen yi er yi er ichi ichi ichi ichi Hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi hi fu hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi hi fu hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi hi fu hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi fu mi yo hi fu mi yo ... Don-tsu (she says Dawn to) don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu (kanji naiwa) Don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu (itaku naiwa) Chiki-ti (She says Gee check it) chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti Ugigi (She says... Ugg) ugigi ugigi ugigi ugigi ugigi ugigi ugigi Shanghai Shanghai Shanghai Shanghai Hourai Hourai Hourai Hourai France Hollands Tibet Kyoto London Russia Orleans! Kirai kirai, lovin' (an a an an a an~) dare ga dare ga, can't be alive without you Doupoope, naze ka~shi~ra~ (an a an an) wh-why why don't I miss you alot for-ever~ Shiranai wa, sonna mahou omoi wa tsuta~eta~ra~ ko~wa~re~cha~u~ Anata towa chigau kara hitono kokoro made kantan ni~ nu~sumana~ide~~ Chiki-ti (She says Gee check it) chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti. for participating.

Click on the button below to print your participation certificate.

lulz
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on June 17, 2008, 12:30:48 PM
hank you Lyrics to Wara ningyo ni, wara ningyo ni, wara ningyo ni gossun gossun gosun kugi~!! Yi er san yi er san one two three one two three ichi ni san, yi er san yi er san one two three one two three ichi ni san, yi er san yi er san one two three one two three ichi ni san, Eins zwei guten morgen yi er yi er ichi ichi ichi ichi Hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi hi fu hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi hi fu hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi fu mi hi hi fu hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi fu mi yo hi fu mi yo ... Don-tsu (she says Dawn to) don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu (kanji naiwa) Don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu don-tsu (itaku naiwa) Chiki-ti (She says Gee check it) chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti Ugigi (She says... Ugg) ugigi ugigi ugigi ugigi ugigi ugigi ugigi Shanghai Shanghai Shanghai Shanghai Hourai Hourai Hourai Hourai France Hollands Tibet Kyoto London Russia Orleans! Kirai kirai, lovin' (an a an an a an~) dare ga dare ga, can't be alive without you Doupoope, naze ka~shi~ra~ (an a an an) wh-why why don't I miss you alot for-ever~ Shiranai wa, sonna mahou omoi wa tsuta~eta~ra~ ko~wa~re~cha~u~ Anata towa chigau kara hitono kokoro made kantan ni~ nu~sumana~ide~~ Chiki-ti (She says Gee check it) chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti chiki-ti. for participating.

lulz
Well, it's good to get the otaku crowd to the moon too. :)

Kilroy

lulz

Thank you Waka Laka's a thing to play forever Just to be together (Just to be together) Waka Laka's a place to be forever Waka Laka love and fantasy (Waka... Waka... Waka...) See Waka Laka when you need a flight of fantasy (fantasy) Ecstasy (ecstasy) Rhapsody (rhapsody) See Waka Laka when you want a love so tenderness (tenderness) Waka Laka make you fly See Waka Laka when you're going to feel so sad and blue, Just for you, never blue See Waka Laka and a funny bunny'll free your life Now it's Waka Laka time I wanna live (I wanna live) A brand new day (A brand new day) Go far away (Go far away) To Waka Laka place A Waka time (A Waka time) To feel so fine (To feel so fine) A Waka Laka flight Waka Laka's a thing to play forever Just to be together (Just to be together) Waka Laka's so magical and tender Musical and wonder fantasy Waka Laka's a never ending story Glory, glory, glory (Glory, glory, glory) Waka Laka's a place to be forever Waka Laka love and, Waka Laka love and, Waka Laka love and fantasy Johnson for participating.

Mine's better.

1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Zovistograt

Quote from: Byte on June 17, 2008, 12:35:42 PM

lulz

Thank you Waka Laka's a thing to play forever Just to be together (Just to be together) Waka Laka's a place to be forever Waka Laka love and fantasy (Waka... Waka... Waka...) See Waka Laka when you need a flight of fantasy (fantasy) Ecstasy (ecstasy) Rhapsody (rhapsody) See Waka Laka when you want a love so tenderness (tenderness) Waka Laka make you fly See Waka Laka when you're going to feel so sad and blue, Just for you, never blue See Waka Laka and a funny bunny'll free your life Now it's Waka Laka time I wanna live (I wanna live) A brand new day (A brand new day) Go far away (Go far away) To Waka Laka place A Waka time (A Waka time) To feel so fine (To feel so fine) A Waka Laka flight Waka Laka's a thing to play forever Just to be together (Just to be together) Waka Laka's so magical and tender Musical and wonder fantasy Waka Laka's a never ending story Glory, glory, glory (Glory, glory, glory) Waka Laka's a place to be forever Waka Laka love and, Waka Laka love and, Waka Laka love and fantasy Johnson for participating.

Mine's better.

I'm sorry, Waka Laka is not as good as Marisa Stole the Precious Thing.

GreatGonzales106

Lotos

amidoinitrite?

Give me some random tags to tag to this image.
Nevermind.

Riosan

[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Tupin

Quote from: Lotos on June 17, 2008, 12:39:37 PM
amidoinitrite?

Give me some random tags to tag to this image.
Nevermind.
That's cool.

Watch the astronauts find the satellite in like 200 years and be like, "Who let these things pass through?"

@Byte: Best first name ever.  :D

Zovistograt

Riosan

Quote from: Zovistograt on June 17, 2008, 01:09:44 PM
Quote from: Riosan on June 17, 2008, 12:41:03 PM
Old. Also, it's fake.
hm?

source plx

obvious

If it was really from Nasa, wouldn't it end in .gov rather than .edu?
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)