News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Remember how big the Segway was?

Started by Tupin, June 25, 2008, 03:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

I remember that there was such a huge amount of hype surrounding it, and everyone wanted one. Of course, they cost like $5000 when they first came out, so everyone waited because they figured the price would drop as it became more popular. It didn't, so people didn't spend 5000 dollars on a scooter.

Did you ever ride on one?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kilroy

Yep.

Quite an odd sensation. It was more annoying than a bike, really.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

LinkXLR

It's pretty cool actually. But it's not worth the thousands dollars they charge.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Tupin

Quote from: LinkXLR on June 25, 2008, 03:59:02 PM
It's pretty cool actually. But it's not worth the thousands dollars they charge.
If they ever wanted it to break into the mainstream and have every American own one, it should have cost like $100.

Water ☮

lol i just saw it on iLove the new millennium. (which is probably were the idea for this thread came from)

I've never ridden one.

Doodle

YEAH

Tupin

Quote from: WaterGod on June 25, 2008, 04:04:40 PM
lol i just saw it on iLove the new millennium. (which is probably were the idea for this thread came from)

I've never ridden one.
Yes. >_>

Can't wait to see how they cover the 2004 elections and gas prices.

Ares300

Nope. Never rode one, but always wanted to.

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 25, 2008, 04:03:26 PM
If they ever wanted it to break into the mainstream and have every American own one, it should have cost like $100.

Yes. Because after all, most Americans are cheap-asses thrifty people who won't buy anything unless it's less than what a manufacturer can make it for. Thus, they need to go overseas to make it and increase our trade deficit further and throw our economy into an even greater downward spiral.

Tupin

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on June 25, 2008, 05:58:17 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 25, 2008, 04:03:26 PM

Yes. Because after all, most Americans are cheap-asses thrifty people who won't buy anything unless it's less than what a manufacturer can make it for. Thus, they need to go overseas to make it and increase our trade deficit further and throw our economy into an even greater downward spiral.
People are thrifty because things are expensive.

えっちーせんぱい

Everything just seems more expensive because we have less to spend on things of enjoyment because of gas prices.

Zovistograt

They have less-expensive versions (around $2,500 to $3,000) that fold up and stuff.  I've seen them but I haven't really used one myself.

The one that costs $5000 is the one with monster truck wheels, the Segway XT.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on June 25, 2008, 07:45:35 PM
They have less-expensive versions (around $2,500 to $3,000) that fold up and stuff.  I've seen them but I haven't really used one myself.

The one that costs $5000 is the one with monster truck wheels, the Segway XT.
Yeah, but when they first came out in 2001, the cheapest model was like $4999.

Quote from: Blaziken on June 25, 2008, 07:23:05 PM
Everything just seems more expensive because we have less to spend on things of enjoyment because of gas prices.
That's partially because of the growing economies of China and India. More people there are buying cars, and thus using more gasoline.

Java

I've seen security guards at the mall riding them, but I've never ridden on one.

I bet you'd look so geeky riding on one.

Tupin

Quote from: Java_Java on June 25, 2008, 09:43:13 PM
I've seen security guards at the mall riding them, but I've never ridden on one.

I bet you'd look so geeky riding on one.
You'd be right.