News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Yes! This is awesome!

Started by The Seventh, June 27, 2008, 05:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

The supreme court ruled D.C.'s gun bans UNCONSTITUTIONAL!  Glorious day!

Now, after that, Chicago's bans are under fire as well!  BEYAWWWWWWWW!

LET FREEDOM REIGN!

Seriously, What's your opinion on all of this?  Because I'm seriously so happy I'm giddy!
meh

Kilroy

GUNS AND HOS BEEAWTCH

Anyway, thank God. Someone needs to keep the peace correctly.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

The Seventh

Quote from: Byte on June 27, 2008, 05:43:21 AM
GUNS AND HOS BEEAWTCH

I have a good feeling this  going to cause a semi-revolution that will totally outlaw most gun bans (hope it doesn't remove the automatic ban...  we don't need easier access to guns like thompsons...  but then again, they also need to crack down more on underground rings as well.)

At least this'll offer more police departments more time to crack down on things to remove underground rings, though.
meh

Kilroy

Quote from: red7js on June 27, 2008, 05:46:08 AM
GUNS AND HOS BEEAWTCH

I have a good feeling this  going to cause a semi-revolution that will totally outlaw most gun bans (hope it doesn't remove the automatic ban...  we don't need easier access to guns like thompsons...  but then again, they also need to crack down more on underground rings as well.)

At least this'll offer more police departments more time to crack down on things to remove underground rings, though.
Indeed. They won't have to be whining about "HAY YOU. YOU HAVE A FIRELEG".

I see no problem banning machine guns. If there's a crazy bastard running around killing people with one, maybe the cops should get one D:
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

The Seventh

Quote from: Byte on June 27, 2008, 05:51:27 AM
Quote from: red7js on June 27, 2008, 05:46:08 AM
GUNS AND HOS BEEAWTCH

Indeed. They won't have to be b****ing about "HAY YOU. YOU HAVE A FIRELEG".

I see no problem banning machine guns. If there's a crazy bastard running around killing people with one, maybe the cops should get one D:
Yes, but machine guns are for one, expensive to buy and can burn through ammo, which can add up in costs.  When machine guns burn through the most ammo is when a person is pumped on adrenaline.  It can cause them to go crazy...  and they can be harder to holster easily.  And are heavier than pistols.  Add that to the very basic body armor policemen carry, and it can cause problems.  Besides, I doubt people would want to pay more in taxes just to the police have an automatic, which is also easier to accidentally catch innocent civilians in crossfire.  People wouldn't like it.

That's why police don't have automatics.
meh

THEEVILSPERKY

Let freedom reign indeed...

Up until now.. Supreme Court has always shut down anything going against the Bill of Rights..

Well, now this I fear is gonna be like a domino effect.  If the 2nd Amendment can be touched, who knows what will happen next.. which other Amendments and other laws will come to be affected.

I heard a joke recently about establishing democracy in the Middle East; why don't we just give them our Constitution, I mean, we aren't using it!

We aren't even a democracy anyways.  We're a corrupt Republic and our freedoms are being infringed upon.  Our freedoms make us feel safe and free but then we're instilled with fear and give up our liberties without a blink of an eye for wars against those that aren't evil.. or as evil as those controlling us in the first place.

Yeah, I knew some people would be happy.  I mean, that's the surface level of this change, but you gotta look deeper than that.. and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way...

Maybe, just maybe.. this is okay... but I really am afraid it's a bad omen.  Maybe it's unrelated to everything else going on.. but I don't believe I'm wrong about this feeling in my gut.

I'm unable to find any articles as of yet to confirm this, but I believe there's some extra text stating the whole thing to be regulated by the government which means they can say "oh you need a permit" as well as saying "oh we aren't giving out permits".  They basically have full control if they decide to act on it.. so it seems like a victory but it doesn't feel like one..

Was D.C. really in need of this ratification?

I don't know how I feel about.. more people.. with more guns.. apart from all the rest of this being a mess..
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

Zovistograt

I'm wary of guns in general, and totally against hunting as a sport.

So...meh.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

That's good, own a gun if you want to.

If I were to ever buy a gun, it would be for shooting targets.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

The Seventh

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on June 27, 2008, 09:19:28 AM
Let freedom reign indeed...

Up until now.. Supreme Court has always shut down anything going against the Bill of Rights..

Well, now this I fear is gonna be like a domino effect.  If the 2nd Amendment can be touched, who knows what will happen next.. which other Amendments and other laws will come to be affected.

I heard a joke recently about establishing democracy in the Middle East; why don't we just give them our Constitution, I mean, we aren't using it!

We aren't even a democracy anyways.  We're a corrupt Republic and our freedoms are being infringed upon.  Our freedoms make us feel safe and free but then we're instilled with fear and give up our liberties without a blink of an eye for wars against those that aren't evil.. or as evil as those controlling us in the first place.

Yeah, I knew some people would be happy.  I mean, that's the surface level of this change, but you gotta look deeper than that.. and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way...

Maybe, just maybe.. this is okay... but I really am afraid it's a bad omen.  Maybe it's unrelated to everything else going on.. but I don't believe I'm wrong about this feeling in my gut.

I'm unable to find any articles as of yet to confirm this, but I believe there's some extra text stating the whole thing to be regulated by the government which means they can say "oh you need a permit" as well as saying "oh we aren't giving out permits".  They basically have full control if they decide to act on it.. so it seems like a victory but it doesn't feel like one..

Was D.C. really in need of this ratification?

I don't know how I feel about.. more people.. with more guns.. apart from all the rest of this being a mess..
I think you read wrong.  The Supreme court said D.C.'s bans were unconstitutional.  They slammed down said bans.
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 27, 2008, 11:18:22 AM
That's good, own a gun if you want to.

If I were to ever buy a gun, it would be for shooting targets.
No need to have waited for it.  Iowa has some of the most lienient gun laws (as in least strict) in the nation.  Also, it's gonna reduce the chance my rights will be taken.  At least the NRA is around :)

Can anyone tell I'm very glad this happened?
meh

Fish

I am actually happy about this.  :)
Most every down here (AL) owns a gun for hunting. xP Anyway it's good to see gun bans proved unconstitutional.

Cecil_and_Kain

Because the people they didn't want to have guns didn't have them anyway? -_-...