News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

How Do You Collect Musics?

Started by Level_9_Chao, July 24, 2008, 05:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Level_9_Chao

Do you download off of stuff like Limewire, do you iTunes, do you actually buy CDs?

Personally, I either Limewire or iTunes stuff, and if a CD is extremely good to me, I buy it later in physical form out of respect. I also rarely cherrypick tracks.

And JOO?
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Zovistograt

Songbird + Google

Occasionally I buy CD's of bands or artists I really like.  I will buy an album if I know that I'll love every song on it.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Moriarty

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on July 24, 2008, 05:17:52 PM
Do you download off of stuff like Limewire, do you iTunes, do you actually buy CDs?

Personally, I either Limewire or iTunes stuff, and if a CD is extremely good to me, I buy it later in physical form out of respect. I also rarely cherrypick tracks.

And JOO?

What? People still use limewire? Odd. I can't imagine why.

I download them. Not using limewire. I use something that rhymes with "lorrents". There's a puzzle for you.

I do buy cds though if I really like the band. But nowadays, I like to hear the album first before I make a blind purchase.
QuoteWhere'd Annyong get that juice box?

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Moriarty on July 24, 2008, 06:53:57 PM

And JOO?

I download them. Not using limewire. I use something that rhymes with "lorrents". There's a puzzle for you.

I do buy cds though if I really like the band. But nowadays, I like to hear the album first before I make a blind purchase.

I've used that magical app. a few times, but a lot of the stuff I listen to is rarely played so it's harder to find enough hosts. Somehow Limewire works a lot more for me.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Moriarty

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on July 24, 2008, 07:18:23 PM
Quote from: Moriarty on July 24, 2008, 06:53:57 PM

And JOO?

I've used that magical app. a few times, but a lot of the stuff I listen to is rarely played so it's harder to find enough hosts. Somehow Limewire works a lot more for me.

You're probably just not looking in the right places. There are a lot of sites out there, probably more than you realize.
QuoteWhere'd Annyong get that juice box?

Riosan

If I respect the artist/band, I'll buy it.

If I want to try out a CD to see if I like what I hear, download.

I never use iTunes, never will. If I want to have one individual track, I'll download it or buy the single.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Java

Lately, I've been forced to use iTunes.
Luckily, I got some giftcards for my birthday so I've been using those.

I used to download from this thing called Shareaza (sp?), but then it gave me a virus so I had to delete it. I need a new way to download, as I can't spend so much money from buying songs.  :-\

I buy albums for artists I really like and if there's more than one song that I'd actually want on there.

Custom

Itunes, however, I don't know why. My dad has already downloaded 3,000 songs off of youtube. He used realplayer or something.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zovistograt

Quote from: Customrobo13 on July 25, 2008, 02:22:42 PM
Itunes, however, I don't know why. My dad has already downloaded 3,000 songs off of youtube. He used realplayer or something.
Let's play "how many things are wrong with the above statement"
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Java

Quote from: Zovistograt on July 25, 2008, 05:40:15 PM
He capitalized the "I" in iTunes. ::)

How many Zovi?
I'm gonna guess 4.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Java_Java on July 25, 2008, 07:13:25 PM

How many Zovi?
I'm gonna guess 4.
yeah, I got 4 too.

Riosan

Quote from: Zovistograt on July 25, 2008, 08:04:37 PM

How many Zovi?
I'm gonna guess 4.
yeah, I got 4 too.

I got 5.

"iTunes"
"My dad"
"Downloaded 3,000 songs"
"Off of Youtube"
"Used realplayer".
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Jono2

Limewire, though I know that torrents are way more effective... it's easier to just search the artist on limewire.  I should try out Songbird.

I buy the CD if I can find it, and don't have to order it in, but that's pretty darn rare.  there aren't any big music stores around here, because although there are HMVs here, their Electronica section is one shelf small.

well

more like half a shelf.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Java

Quote from: Riosan on July 25, 2008, 09:03:27 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on July 25, 2008, 08:04:37 PM

How many Zovi?
I'm gonna guess 4.
yeah, I got 4 too.

I got 5.

"iTunes"
"My dad"
"Downloaded 3,000 songs"
"Off of Youtube"
"Used realplayer".
Six if you count the spelling mistake.

@ Zovi: I randomly guessed a number, so, I had no idea what I was saying.

RevolutionSoldier

I just recently started to collected music. I buy CD's in store's but that has a lot to with that I get a error when ever I try to download anything on my desktop. It's easy to download something from youtube or something but I don't want to spend money on a song and risk it not downloading. Once I get my new computer working I might start using Amazon music but I don't like to have a peace of plastice I can hold in my hands that I own. If I do start downloading music it would be because it would leave a smaller foot print because no materials were used to download music unlike CD's
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.