Main Menu

The Official Guitar Hero: World Tour Setlist/DLC Discussion Thread

Started by PsychoYoshi, July 25, 2008, 10:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

Click me ^

Java

I know some people don't like GH:WT's setlist, but I for one, really like it.

There are quite a few songs I'm excited for:
Beat It - Michael Jackson (Michael Jackson's vocals with Eddie Van Halen's guitar? Hell yeah!)
Santeria - Sublime (Love this song)
Anyway You Want It - Journey (I love Journey.)
Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac (Extremely catchy song)
Hotel California - The Eagles (Who wouldn't be excited for this song?)
Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi (Awesome song)
Everlong - Foo Fighters
American Woman - The Guess Who
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World (I didn't even realize it was in the game until now.)
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
What I've Done - Linkin Park (Yes, I do like that song. >_>)
La Bamba - Los Lobos (I'm glad they included a Spanish song. ;D)
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynard Skynard (Love this song)
Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

That's probably more songs than those that I'm excited for in Rock Band.
I'm sure there will be other songs that I will enjoy when I play the game.

I was really hoping for "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith, but oh well.  :-\

Ron

Nah, i love that song, but "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" would just NOT work...barely any guitar in that song...mostly violin.

Click me ^

Java

Quote from: Ron on September 13, 2008, 09:11:49 AM
Nah, i love that song, but "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" would just NOT work...barely any guitar in that song...mostly violin.
Maybe for Violin Hero then. ::)

Ron

Quote from: Java_Java on September 13, 2008, 09:19:44 AM
Quote from: Ron on September 13, 2008, 09:11:49 AM
Maybe for Violin Hero then. ::)
Lmao.
Now I'm really goona laugh if they actually make that in 10 years or something.

Anyways, I'm wondering what the next insane song will be (Jordan, TTFAF)...

I mean they showed us Hot For Teacher...but that does still seem actually "beatable", whereas the other 2 i have still yet to beat (though i've gotten extremely close...dang 84% on TTFAF)

The Joe Satriani song seems like it'll be pretty difficult, but not too bad. I can't WAIT to play "The Day That Never Comes" by Metallica, along with the rest of the album, (Just because that song is amazing, and the rest of the album will be actually challenging in the game).

Rise Against, Sublime...they both seem perfectible...

Anyone have any ideas for what songs will be in which sets?

Edit:
if This song is anything like this...i'll perfect it on the first try... D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akiaOK_pFxI

Click me ^

Silverhawk79

Songs I'm excited about:

30 Seconds To Mars--The Kill
At the Drive-In--One Armed Scissor
Dream Theater--Pull Me Under
Filter--Hey Man, Nice Shot
Foo Fighters--Everlong
Jimi Hendrix--Purple Haze (Live)
The Mars Volta--L'Via L'Viaquez (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D)
Metallica--Trapped Under Ice
Michael Jackson--Beat It
Modest Mouse--Float On
Muse--Assassin
Ozzy Osbourne--Crazy Train
Rise Against--Re-Education Through Labor
Silversun Pickups--Lazy Eye
Sublime--Santeria
System Of A Down--B.Y.O.B.
Tool--Parabola
Tool--Schism
Tool--Vicarious

This is going to be my favorite GH game for a looooooooong time. I've been waiting for Modest Mouse, The Mars Volta, AND Tool in the same game since GHI, and I finally got it. :)

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: sonicdude164 on September 12, 2008, 08:50:54 PM
Full setlist
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76572

Most of It was already leaked a while ago like two pages back and around some weeks ago anyways. XD

Quote from: Java_Java on September 13, 2008, 09:05:36 AM
Anyway You Want It - Journey (I love Journey.)
Isn't real. Sorry to break It, but It was just some rumor and was taken off of wikipedia a day after It was put on there.

As for my favorites:
30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill
At the Drive-In - One Armed Scissors
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Blink 182 - dangit
Blondie - One Way or Another
Bullet for my Valentine - Scream Aim Fire
Coldplay - Shiver
The Cult - Love Removal Machine
Dinosaur Jr - Feel the Pain
Dream Theater - The Cult
The Eagles - Hotel California
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Interpol - Obstacle 1
Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie
Linkin Park - What I've Done
Prisoner of Society - The Living End
Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alabama
The Mars Volta - L'Via L'Viaquez
MC5 - Kick out the Jams (re-recorded)
Metallica - Trapped under Ice
Motorhead - Overkill
Muse - Assassin
Nirvana - About a Girl
NOFX - Soul Doubt
Oasis - Some Might Say
Paramore - Misery Buisness
Ozzy Ossbourne - Crazy Train
REM - The one I love
Rise Against - Re-Education through Labor
Sublime - Santeria
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
Van Halen - Hot for Teacher
Wings - Band on the Run

Overall, the setlist is very nice, I was disappointed with Guitar hero 3 but this here (Seriously, oasis? Nirvana? A good muse song? Crazy Train? Van Halen? Band on the Run? Eagles? ) Will probably be my favorite GH Game. Now we just have to sit here and waittttt for It to come out.  :D
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Ron

at least it's only a month and a half away.

and for 360 players...they get rock band 2 tomorrow.

And Thirdkoopa, you pretty much had all the same songs as me that i'm looking forward to, except add Bullet for My Valentine and Joe Satriani. xP

Click me ^

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Ron on September 13, 2008, 08:56:31 PM

And Thirdkoopa, you pretty much had all the same songs as me that i'm looking forward to, except add Bullet for My Valentine and Joe Satriani. xP
Yeah, my friend's getting RB2, there's already some videos out. Only about a month more.

Actually, I had joe satriani's satch boogie, and whoops, forgot scream aim fire. >.< Think that's all of them. The rest are meh, but maybe they'll be better when actually playing them... :P
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

sonicdude164

The lack of Rush, Boston, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Guns n' Roses disappoints me. This is the best ever GH setlist, though I'm not sure if it's gonna pass RB2 for me.

Ron

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on September 13, 2008, 08:58:12 PM

Yeah, my friend's getting RB2, there's already some videos out. Only about a month more.

Actually, I had joe satriani's satch boogie, and whoops, forgot scream aim fire. >.< Think that's all of them. The rest are meh, but maybe they'll be better when actually playing them... :P
that's the funny part is that even if you have no idea what the song is, or you hate it...eventually you know the words to almost every song on the game because you play them so much, lol.

and woops i thought you didn't have satch boogie.
that's one's goona be funnn. :D

Click me ^

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Ron on September 14, 2008, 08:51:29 AM

that's the funny part is that even if you have no idea what the song is, or you hate it...eventually you know the words to almost every song on the game because you play them so much, lol.

XD Yeah, It is rather funny. I ended up finding a lot of bands/songs thanks to GH. Like I was just listening to 'The Middle' And I remembered IT from the radio and realized how much of a fun song that will be. A lot of the songs are rather easy, but looking more difficult than RB2/RB for the most part, thus good for a band game. (I just hope there's a mic stand that I can get/comes with It so I can play guitar and sing, so many of these songs I want to sing. :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgjMOuTHOWY

If It's [Satch Boogie] close to that chart, guys, get ready for the impossible song (Sounds a lot better than visions tbqh, satch boogie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> visions/ttfaf)

Edit: also lets guess what tiers some songs will be placed in. yay;

Ron

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on September 14, 2008, 09:10:59 AM
Quote from: Ron on September 14, 2008, 08:51:29 AM

XD Yeah, It is rather funny. I ended up finding a lot of bands/songs thanks to GH. Like I was just listening to 'The Middle' And I remembered IT from the radio and realized how much of a fun song that will be. A lot of the songs are rather easy, but looking more difficult than RB2/RB for the most part, thus good for a band game. (I just hope there's a mic stand that I can get/comes with It so I can play guitar and sing, so many of these songs I want to sing. :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgjMOuTHOWY

If It's [Satch Boogie] close to that chart, guys, get ready for the impossible song (Sounds a lot better than visions tbqh, satch boogie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> visions/ttfaf)

Edit: also lets guess what tiers some songs will be placed in. yay;
Lol, that happened with don't hold back by the sleeping for me in the last game..xP i ended up buying it off itunes.

so i'm pretty sure i'll end up liking almost all of the songs...i mean i even like Hier Kommt Alex and all those other songs in a different language.

haha, i've already seen that chart actually, i was looking for a good one the other day on youtube, that's the same one i found.

idunno about tiers...

Click me ^

Thirdkoopa

I have some predictions.

Satch Boogie will probably be a bonus song (Lol obvious?)
What I've Done = Tier 1
Trapped under Ice = final tier? (New raining blood?)
Hotel California = If encore's are still around, this would likely be an encore song (Long song, for starters)

And I'm going to guess that hot for teacher will not be on the final tier, since It was shown in demo's, but will be one of the close to final tiers. Kinda hard to guess since we've never seen guitar hero as a band game until now. >.<