News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Smeargle, skills of h4x, stats of a Caterpie.

Started by Smashin, July 29, 2008, 07:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smashin

So. I was in the Battle Frontier, right? And I caught this totally badass Smergle. I was all ready to start raping faces with a completely custom moveset, when I looked at the stats. They were horrible.

I'm pretty lazy, so I want to know before I start raising one from an egg. Is it worth it to raise a Smergle? Will its stats be at least decent enough for battle or will it always be an excuse?

Macawmoses

Doesn't Smeargle only have one move? If so, I wouldn't bother.

Cornwad

Smeargle's one mover allows it to permanently copy an opponents move.

But his stats are really bad. I personally wouldn't spend time training one :O

Macawmoses

Ya, that one move is useless if you accidently go up against growl, or something, though.

Smashin

Quote from: mackormoses on July 29, 2008, 10:54:04 PM
Ya, that one move is useless if you accidently go up against growl, or something, though.

Go into a double battle and copy your other Pok?mon's move. That way you can hand pick your moveset.

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Smashin on July 30, 2008, 06:39:17 AM
Quote from: mackormoses on July 29, 2008, 10:54:04 PM

Go into a double battle and copy your other Pok?mon's move. That way you can hand pick your moveset.
Read this and find something you like.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Macawmoses

I still think having a Pokemon with only one move is a bad strategy, unless it is transform.

BOSSNIG

Quote from: mackormoses on July 30, 2008, 04:22:00 PM
I still think having a Pokemon with only one move is a bad strategy, unless it is transform.
Transform is crap unless the opposer has a move that's super effective to itself.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Cornwad

Smeargle can get its one move multiple times. So if you really wanted, you could give it a moveset using moves like Judgment and Dark Void. I guess it could be useful as a support Pokemon. You could give it Stealth Rock/ Spikes and Dark Void ;D

It's attack stats are awful, but its pretty decent in speed.

JrDude

I wouldn't train a Smeargle, but I do like how you can get your own custom moveset. All you gotta do it go in a double battle and use a pok?mon who has a move you wanna copy, copy it, then either level up Smeargle 10 levels, or take him to the move tutor to remember sketch.
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: mackormoses on July 30, 2008, 04:22:00 PM
...Smeargle can learn Sketch at any of 10 levels, meaning you get a chance to learn the move again if you use it before gaining those additional levels. It also allows you to get 10 chances at the 4 moves you want.

Phantom123

I have a smeargle with Judgement, Dark Void, Magma storm, and Shadow force (Giratina). Took 5 months to make, since I relied on a lot of metronome and restarting XD

QingXin

I could actually see Smeargle as a Pokemon in Brawl, with all this talk about Sketch and whatnot.

Just a thought ::)

jnfs2014

Quote from: QingXin on August 12, 2008, 07:23:56 PM
I could actually see Smeargle as a Pokemon in Brawl, with all this talk about Sketch and whatnot.

Not really, seeing as he won't beat out Lucario, PT, or Pikachu. He might be able to edge out Blaziken for Jigglypuff's spot, however.

QingXin

Quote from: JNeedForSpeed2014 on August 13, 2008, 09:12:26 AM
Quote from: QingXin on August 12, 2008, 07:23:56 PM

Not really, seeing as he won't beat out Lucario, PT, or Pikachu. He might be able to edge out Blaziken for Jigglypuff's spot, however.
I meant Pokeball Pokemon :P