News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Post your anime collection. ^_^

Started by Mario583, August 13, 2008, 01:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario583

I plan to buy more: FMA, Shin-Chan, FLCL, Eiken (boobies ^_^), Paranoia Agent.
Also, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol 1 is gonna be swapped for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Complete Collection when it comes.
I may get more of my favorites that I see at a store like Case Closed, etc...

Kaz

The only anime DVDs I own are for FLCL. The only other sets I really want are the complete sets for Cowboy Bebop and NGE.

Otherwise, I don't really care to actually own most animes. Just watching online or on TV is fine with me.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Zovistograt

I don't buy anime DVD's, I mostly stream or torrent D:

Mostly because I'm a bit of a closet otaku in terms of family.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Mario583

Quote from: Zovistograt on August 13, 2008, 05:54:53 PM
D:
Why are you ashamed if your family finds out you watch/like Anime?

Riosan

Only anime set I only have is NGE, because it's not too long, and it's awesome. Only other series I would consider are Cowboy Bebop or FLCL.

I'm really trying hard not to copy Kaz, but it's impossible.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Nayrman

I have some anime stuff merely because I don't want to fill my computer with anime stuff (although I do have a lot of Bleach on it)
NGE
FMA: Complete + Movie
Cowboy Bebop complete (it was only like 30 bucks at a garage sale XD )
Samurai X
and some DBZ seasons...just the good ones for nostalgia

Mystic

Animal Crossing movie
Blood+
Gantz
Pokemon the Movie (VHS)
Pokemon 2000 (VHS)
Pokemon 4Ever
Pokemon Jirachi Wish Maker (DVD)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (subbed)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (dubbed)
Trinity Blood
Zoids

I think I still have my Pokemon VHS tapes somewhere.

Level_9_Chao

All on VHS:

Pokemon Episodes 1-3
Digimon Episodes 1-3
Pokemon Movies 1+2

No time for anime collecting... >.>
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Mario583

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 15, 2008, 01:38:37 PM
All on VHS:

Pokemon Episodes 1-3
Digimon Episodes 1-3
Pokemon Movies 1+2

...........how'd you collect those then? ;)

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Mario583 on August 15, 2008, 03:40:15 PM
Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 15, 2008, 01:38:37 PM
All on VHS:

Pokemon Episodes 1-3
Digimon Episodes 1-3
Pokemon Movies 1+2

...........how'd you collect those then? ;)

Lol, 2nd grade. ;-) I think they were all gifts, although at that age, yeah, I had time for about anything. Enough to memorize the entire 1st Pokemon episode line for line. No joke. >_>
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Mario583 on August 13, 2008, 06:24:43 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on August 13, 2008, 05:54:53 PM
D:
Why are you ashamed if your family finds out you watch/like Anime?
I'm not ashamed.  It's just that I'm trying to ease my family into knowledge that I'm a crazy otaku.  I'm dropping bigger and bigger hints...making an extremely cute anime girl my wallpaper, ordering a Japanese shirt, ordering Nendoroid figurine...that last one was a bit too steep of a step, apparently, because I succeeded in weirding my mom out a lot with that one.  I watch a lot of anime that are more "cute" than "cool", so if I start buying tons of anime all of the sudden, it'll make more awkwardness and I hate that kind of thing.

Anyway, doing it this way saves me money :P
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

RevolutionSoldier

I only been into anime for about a year now. I did not even know the word otkau untill last week when I herd Hbi2k, MasakoX and KaiserNeko (you may of herd of them from there abridged series) podcast.  Any way heres my Anime collection.

Pokemon dvd with episodes 1-3,
Every pokemon movie from the first one to Jirachi Wish Maker (some dvd some VHS),
and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Complete collection.

I want to start collecting anime but there's no way I'm buying more pokemon movies. I'll buy the first Death Note DVD when it comes out and Sola if the DVD's ever come out. I'm also thinking about getting a NetFlix subscription.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Zovistograt

Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on August 18, 2008, 07:54:41 PM
I only been into anime for about a year now.
QuoteI did not even know the word otaku untill last week when I herd Hbi2k, MasakoX and KaiserNeko (you may of herd of them from there abridged series) podcast.
...O_o that's odd.

RevolutionSoldier

Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on August 20, 2008, 03:49:55 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on August 20, 2008, 05:10:58 AM
Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on August 18, 2008, 07:54:41 PM
I only been into anime for about a year now.
QuoteI did not even know the word otaku untill last week when I herd Hbi2k, MasakoX and KaiserNeko (you may of herd of them from there abridged series) podcast.
...O_o that's odd.

Thats not entirely true. I been into anime ever since I discovered Adult Swim but i don't think I went from being an casual anime otaku until about a year or so ago and did not know that word to describe myself until a bout a week ago. Actually I'm in a very similar susurration with my family that you described. My dad hates anything Japanese so I'm trying to keep it a secret from him right now. He was really surprised when I let him caught me reading Death Note the other day.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Silverhawk79

All I have is my torrented Outlaw Star episodes. D: