News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Yet another reason to hate Walmart.

Started by Tupin, August 29, 2008, 01:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QingXin

I actually got Brawl at K-Mart... Go K-Mart!!!

Tupin

Quote from: QingXin on August 30, 2008, 06:33:45 PM
I actually got Brawl at K-Mart... Go K-Mart!!!
They JUST got the Halo 2 trailer reel and original Xbox out of the store I go to...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Gwen Khan

Tupin

Java

I haven't been to a K-Mart in years.

I'd rather go to Wal-Mart than K-Mart.

Wal-Mart has annoying customers, but at least the store itself isn't terrible.

Kaz

Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on August 29, 2008, 02:24:02 PM
Walmart just sucks. They are bad for the economy, they are close to becoming any monopoly, and send job's over seas. I just don't see the beg attraction with walmart in the first place. That said it is a good ideal to lower there carbon foot print.

Uh...how can you NOT see the big attraction? Everything in one place at reasonable prices? It's like a dream come true for America.

Obviously it took our citizens quite a while to realize how much it hurt small business and such.

Nevertheless, for some people it's the only way to shop without going broke. Not everyone is wealthy. My family, for example, has to drive 2 hours to a city called Bemidji every so often to get groceries at Wal-Mart so we can avoid going under in finances.

So don't think Wal-Mart has no use.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Tupin

Quote from: Kaz on August 30, 2008, 07:45:40 PM
Walmart just sucks. They are bad for the economy, they are close to becoming any monopoly, and send job's over seas. I just don't see the beg attraction with walmart in the first place. That said it is a good ideal to lower there carbon foot print.

Uh...how can you NOT see the big attraction? Everything in one place at reasonable prices? It's like a dream come true for America.

Obviously it took our citizens quite a while to realize how much it hurt small business and such.

Nevertheless, for some people it's the only way to shop without going broke. Not everyone is wealthy. My family, for example, has to drive 2 hours to a city called Bemidji every so often to get groceries at Wal-Mart so we can avoid going under in finances.

With gas costing so much, wouldn't it cost less just to go to the store in your town?

Kaz

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on August 30, 2008, 07:50:29 PM

With gas costing so much, wouldn't it cost less just to go to the store in your town?

You'd think so, but no, not really. Our grocery store overprices things like crazy. Plus, when we drive that far and back, we buy in massive bulk, so that we can usually avoid buying some things at our grocery store at all.

Plus, we get gas while we're in that city, and that is also much cheaper there.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Tupin

Quote from: Kaz on August 30, 2008, 08:33:33 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on August 30, 2008, 07:50:29 PM

You'd think so, but no, not really. Our grocery store overprices things like crazy. Plus, when we drive that far and back, we buy in massive bulk, so that we can usually avoid buying some things at our grocery store at all.

Plus, we get gas while we're in that city, and that is also much cheaper there.
Well, it makes sense then. They are redesigning all of the Walmarts near me to be Walmart Supercenters.

ThePowerOfOne

Guess what? Wal-Mart sucks, it always has. All stores like it suck. If you want electronics or something, go to intercourse ing BestBuy instead of cheap poop.

Tupin

Quote from: Phaze on August 30, 2008, 09:03:26 PM
Guess what? Wal-Mart sucks, it always has. All stores like it suck. If you want electronics or something, go to intercourse ing BestBuy instead of cheap poop.
I agree.

Much better places to buy electronics.

Jono2

Bemidji...

BEMIDJI?

near Minnesota Bemidji???

I've been there on a band trip back in the 8th grade lol

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

LinkXLR

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on August 30, 2008, 09:06:51 PM
Quote from: Phaze on August 30, 2008, 09:03:26 PM
Guess what? Wal-Mart sucks, it always has. All stores like it suck. If you want electronics or something, go to f***ing BestBuy instead of cheap s***.
I agree.

Much better places to buy electronics.
Depends.

Electronics as in Computers and TV's: Best Buy is a great place.

Electronics as in Parts'n'Stuff: NEWEGGDOTCOM YOU FOOL

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Riosan

Quote from: LinkXLR on August 31, 2008, 12:13:59 AM
Electronics as in Computers and TV's: Best Buy is a great place.

Electronics as in Parts'n'Stuff: NEWEGGDOTCOM YOU FOOL

Exactly. Music and movies, computers and TVs, Best Buy's okay.

If you're looking at parts, go for Newegg. It's impossible to tell what has been dropped, smashed, played with, or thrown around in a store.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Nayrman

While Wal-mart has it's uses, frankly more specilized stores are of better use if you're looking for anything specific in particular.
Best Buy is infinatly better than Wal-Mart for electronics X_X;;
Worst place though: Brandsmart USA. You'll never guess what they have! 8'' Black and White handheld tvs for $9!!!