Main Menu

What do you do when you get a call from an "Unknown" number?

Started by Java, September 01, 2008, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java

I usually just ignore the call, but someone has been calling me so many times this weekend that if I answer and it's a prank call, I think I'll just play along.

.:DL:.

If it's a prank call, I just go along with it because it's probably my friends.

If it's someone else, I just say wrong number or something.

Redpaige13

If I get a call from an "Unknown" number, I answer. 

We have a neighbor across the street who is incredibly sick; she has terrible lungs and therefore needs a transplant.  Because she doesn't have the money to get the operation, she's stuck in her house, and my family and I always do what we can to keep her company, and to help her with whatever she needs.  We even cook her dinner, go grocery shopping for her, and recently we've been helping by cleaning her house.  Whenever she calls, her number comes up as "Unknown". 

FORNICATION BABY!

Doodle

YEAH

Zies

...I wonder why someone would want to hide their number...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

LinkXLR

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Water ☮

ThePowerOfOne

Ignore it. You want to intercourse ing block your name, then don't call. If they keep calling without leaving a message, I just block the number.

Dill

I answer in a loud, obnoxious " Hel-lo!" (like a quieter, official version of the Seinfeld hello)which most of the time throws people off. Last time (yesterday) it was my lawyer, but he knew me well enough to respond back in the same way.

Kilroy

Quote from: extraz on September 01, 2008, 03:13:07 PM
probably those darned martians again
THE CHANCES OF ANYTHING COMING FROM MARS ARE A MILLION TO ONE, THEY SAY

THE CHANCES OF ANYTHIIIING COMING FROM MARS ARE A MILLION TO ONE

BUT STILL

THEY COOOOOOOOME
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Linkman

I ignore them.

For some reason almost every other call my phone gets is an Unknown caller.

I ignore it because they don't ever leave a message. Although it's been a while since I've gotten one.
...̅̅̅

Friendly Hostile

Answer and immediately hang up.  If it was important, they'll call back.

Kaz

I always answer the phone no matter what the number is, unless I already know it to be someone I don't want to talk to.

I'm not paranoid and I have no aversion to talking to people I don't know. And chewing out telemarketers makes answering the phone worth it.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.