News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

You have to be poopting me...

Started by Lotos, September 09, 2008, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

Norton won't work.  The computer never wanted to download that security pack.  (meaning since I re-installed Windows)  Coincidence?

I did the normal stuff I usually do.  Here, Boyah, 4chan.

[spoiler=Before you say 4chan was the problem]
I only downloaded one picture today on 4chan, and I didn't run it as .JSE   :|[/spoiler]

Silverhawk79

Don't click the warnings. Download Ad-Aware AND Spybot, update them, run them both.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 09, 2008, 12:29:34 PM
Don't click the warnings. Download Ad-Aware AND Spybot, update them, run them both.

Mario583

えっちーせんぱい

Well, one, get Service Pack 2. And Two, that warning message is the virus/spyware itself. I had to go through the registry to fix it on a laptop back in August.

Psilocybin

Format.
I had that same intercourse ing virus a few months ago on the family computer.
Nothing removed it, and trust me, I tried at least 10-20 anti /virus/adware/spyware programs, nothing worked. Ended up formatting and reinstalling.

P.S. SP3 is officially out, go get it.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Seven on September 09, 2008, 03:00:51 PM
Format.
Nothing removed it, and trust me, I tried at least 10-20 anti /virus/adware/spyware programs, nothing worked. Ended up formatting and reinstalling.

Formatting is the same as saying "I give up."
I had it before, and I never reformatted.

Psilocybin

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 09, 2008, 03:31:14 PM
Quote from: Seven on September 09, 2008, 03:00:51 PM
Format.

Formatting is the same as saying "I give up."
I had it before, and I never reformatted.
Faster than intercourse ing around with worthless antivirus.

And not entirely, I have my data and stuff on a seperate partition on my drive, and I reformat windows and reinstall every 2-3 months. I'm not giving up.

Linkman

Lotos

Well, Spybot and Registry Mechanic wanted me to register, but luckily Ad-Aware wanted to help:

Still here?  That darn...

Well, I might as well see if the drive comes out.  I'll attach it to another computer and format it  (why in the intercourse  didn't I think of this in the first place?).  Wait, one last question: If I connect this drive to the other laptop, will that become infected too?

L10

If you plan on re formatting it, just put in a Windows disk or whatever and that can reformat it
0o!f

Lohn Jocke

This topic just reminded me to backup my lappy again.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Lotos on September 09, 2008, 05:05:25 PM
Well, Spybot and Registry Mechanic wanted me to register, but luckily Ad-Aware wanted to help:

Still here?  That darn...

Well, I might as well see if the drive comes out.  I'll attach it to another computer and format it  (why in the intercourse  didn't I think of this in the first place?).  Wait, one last question: If I connect this drive to the other laptop, will that become infected too?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait.
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/google_pack/
Download that and scan.
It'll take care of it.

DBY106698

I'm not 100% sure, it depends on the Virus/Spyware. If you connect that to another computer, then it might very well be possible that it will jump ship and infect that ocmputer as well.

My personal suggestion would be to keep running different anti-spyware software, one of them are bound to be able to remove it and for SURE do NOT hook it to another computer.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: DBY106698 on September 10, 2008, 08:31:50 AM
I'm not 100% sure, it depends on the Virus/Spyware. If you connect that to another computer, then it might very well be possible that it will jump ship and infect that ocmputer as well.

My personal suggestion would be to keep running different anti-spyware software, one of them are bound to be able to remove it and for SURE do NOT hook it to another computer.

I doubt it will, but it's possible. Just don't reformat, it's a pain in the ass.